Why do my nipples burn when I dont wear a bra?

Hi, when ever I don't wear a bra around the house or even to bed my nipples start burning so bad that i have to put a sports bra on to make it stop. Why is that? could something really be wrong? Ive never been pregnant or had anything trauma to my breast.

I have the same thing I'm 12. It always happens when I don't wear a bra. Try putting your moisturizer on them it will burn at first then it feels a whole lot better.

I'm only 13 & always have problems with that, I always try to wear a bra, my breasts are pretty large for my age, so use chapstick on your nipples. it helps! be gentle when rubbing it on them, though.

Ok, I see all of these answers but, I just started wearing a bra, and it just started stinging.
I did not start my menstrual period, but my breasts are large enough to say they are large for a 13 year old.

I have the same exact problem. It happens a lot after I take a shower or go swimming in the summer and then leave my bra off for a while. I've been experiencing this for over a decade, and I'm only 23. I've never had any issues with my breasts and was never pregnant. My boobs are a bit on the larger side. I think what happens is that the nipples get chapped and dry and it causes the burning sensation. Perhaps allowing more air to get to the nipple region causes the feeling.

Your nipples are probably just dry. Try using some non scented lotion on them and see if that helps, it helped me.

I have the exact same feeling, but I don't have large breasts or large nipples, I wear baggy shirts to bed and the my left nippl starts burning like crazy..

I have the same problem! I like to take off my bra around the house and to sleep. If I am doing anything except sleeping, my nipples will start to itch / burn after about an hour. It will get more intense as time goes by. My only solution is to wear bra of some type or wear a Cami with the built in elastic 'bra'. I have never been pregnant, and have had this problem since I developed breasts (over 15 years ago).

If I understand you correctly, you experience a burning sensation in your nipple when you do not wear a bra. But, the sensation is relieved when you wear a sports bra.

Are your breasts large and pendulous? Are your nipples large and protruding? Do you wear tight tops, shirts or blouses?
If so, friction could be the cause of the burning sensation. A well-fitting bra lifts the breasts and protects the nipples from rubbing against your clothing. The nerves in your breast may be overstimulated by not being properly supported but hanging down.

Even small breasts rubbing against tight fitting clothing can cause a burning sensation in the nipples.

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide