why does my breast and nipples hurt

By July 7, 2015 - 12:12am

Hello! I am 33 years old with an irregular period i was fine with it til after I had my daughter who is 8 yrs old now. Before her i could wear white on my period but now i bleed so heavy i wear a super tampon, always overnight pad, and stuff tissues in my butt all at the sametime. Oh yea my daughter was a twin which i lost in the 1st trimester, i never got a D&C until last week hoping for a change, now my breast have a dule ache, and my nipples stay rock hard and hurt so bad, I've also been nauseous at night and had a pullling pain in my lower abdomen last night....

Can anyone relate?

Hi anamoly,

Many women find their period to be a lot heavier after childbirth.

The pulling pain could be cramps from the D& C - that is not uncommon.

Your breast pain should be unconnected to your D&C however. It sounds like you may have PMS meaning your period is coming in the next 7-10 days . If it doesn't, and if your pain remains, contact your doctor for an exam.

Thank you Susan! I've already had some bleeding about 3 days ago i figured that was my period. I don't know my period is so crazy! Thanks again Susan!

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide