Menopause

Menopause Guide

ask: Why have I missed my period for four months?

I have regular periods usually, am 44 (menapause doesn't start in my family til 50s) have had endometriosis for 20 years and am on birth control. I haven't had a period for four months (the exact amount of time I have been with a new partner. (I have some pain from the endo. the day after sex.)

I have taken SEVERAL pregnancy tests-all with negative results.

Any information is appreciated.

Anonymous

Hi Anon.

Welcome to EmpowHER.  Even, if in your family most women don't start menopause until their 50's.  You can be starting yours.  Every one is different. One of the first symptoms of Menopause is irregular cycles.   Endometriosis can also cause all these changes as well.  You need to see your OBGYN and through blood work and imaging test, he can let your know what can be causing all these changes. 

Daisy

Do you have hot flashes due to menopause? :