Why is my saliva so thick?

By Anonymous December 30, 2011 - 3:21pm

I do smoke a little. Drink too much. Have hep c. Just did an ultrasound. Waing for results
No symptoms but probably have liver disease. Could saliva be a result of these other problems?

Saliva is produced and secreted by the salivary gland. Liver damage leads to decreased saliva production. Decreased saliva production can leave you with a dry mouth or the feeling of thick saliva.

I hope that you have stopped drinking alcohol since alcohol will make the inflammation to your liver with Hepatitis C get worse, faster.

Salivary Gland Infection

Salivary Gland Infection Guide