Why would i recieve false positive? Should i get second opinon?

I had two positive pregnancy test on august 1 and 2nd. Had app to confirm on Aug 14th urine came back neagitve also did blood work on 14th and 16th and nurse said my levels were the same and thats a negative. I have gained 6 pounds, very bloated even get quick sharp pains in breast on sides they come and go often. What could be the reason for false positive. I'm not on any meds with HCG in it either. or could this be a false negative

My last full period was june 22nd -28th my normal 6 pay cycle. Then on July 22nd when my period was supposed to come again it did but only it wasn't as heavy and lasted only 3 days which made me a week later take HPT and come with two positives.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Kwarren)

Hi again!

This is all quite strange!

Generally three days of bleeding, even light bleeding is considered a period. Again, it could have been a chemical pregnancy and you still had some of the pregnancy hormone HCG in your system a week later, hence a positive result. Now that some time has passed, it's out of your system.

To be honest, you may never know quite what happened. Miscarriages are so common, not that it makes it any easier.

See what the next few weeks bring. I'm sorry you're in a kind of limbo - I know that's hard.

Please keep us posted.

Hi kwarren

I'm sorry you're going through this - the unknown is awful. These tests are generally highly accurate but stranger things have happened. But a 6 pound weight gain would have you several months along. It sounds like you may have some kind of hormonal issue going on that could also explain the breast pain. Did you bleed at all? You may have had a miscarriage. A chemical pregnancy may only cause a few spots, meaning you were just pregnant and it didn't survive.

Consider asking for a scan. Most doctors have a vaginal ultrasound in their offices although it may be too early to know. Keep us posted!