Why would the neropathy in my feet get worse when I lay down.

By June 23, 2012 - 11:27am

It's always worse at night, but for some reason it started getting bad no matter what time I lay down. It feels like my feet are swollen and the skin is stretched tight. My feet feel hard and extremely sensitive. The pain is excruciating and I can't walk. I have to get up a stand while holding on to something. I have to wear socks always and it feels like they are wet and glued to my feet. I have type 2 diabetes and a B-12 deficiency. They just started treating the deficiency and I am on Lyrica and MS Cotin 60mg

Hi Diana Patterson

I'm sorry you are dealing with this condition; I know that diabetic neuropathy can be extremely painful. Your pain may be worse when you lay down due to circulation - you should talk to your doctor about this.

The key to lessening your pain is controlling your blood sugar and keeping your feet clean and dry. Wearing socks (as you do) is also a good idea to lessen your pain. For more on this kind of pain and how to deal with it, click here: http://www.empowher.com/diabetic-neuropathy/content/what-diabetic-neuropathy

We wish you the best!

Diabetes Guide