Will there always be a lump

By September 7, 2015 - 2:17pm

If you have a tumor on the rib, will there always be a lump that you would be able to feel?

Ok thanks.

I would still like to get an answer if this is what it sounds like. What do you think? Would a pulsating feel pressure lying flag on my back give you a feel like that? And how come it goes away with hand pressure?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Bathsheva)

Hi again!

You were given some pretty good suggestions on your previous question a few days ago:

You will likely need some sort of exam/scan/testing to know for sure. A website cannot realistically tell you, we are not doctors nor can we examine anyone.

I hope the help you have received can be relayed to your doctor for further discussion.

I asked this earlier but I would like a second opinion. When I lie down flat in my back I get a pulsating, pressure feel on my left rib. It only happens when I lie flat on back not on my side not when I'm standing or sitting. When I put my hand on my rib it goes away. Would this happen if it were a tumor? I get a little nauseated but I think that's just because I get anxiety from thinking hat the pain could be from. I got an abdominal ultrasound in January but it was a week before the pain started. Should I get another or does that answer my question? Thank you so much for your help and time. I really appreciate it.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Bathsheva)

Hi again!

Yes, I read your other question and the advice you were given which was pretty solid.

I think you might be over-reaching when it comes to thinking it's a tumor but only an exam or testing can tell you for sure. Contact your doctor since this has been going on for some time.

Hi Bathsheva

Lumps cannot always be felt, even on bones. Tissue and body fat can hide the lump or it may not be found due to the location. Pain is sometimes the first sign and a lump can be later found during tests.