Periodontal physicians are the dentists specializing in preventing, diagnosing and treatment of periodontal disorder and for the replacement of dental implants. They are the professionals for treating any kind of oral inflammation. These specialists possess intensive training in this domain. They are updated with overall knowledge on periodontal disorders and with the latest procedures available to heal such disorders. Also they can execute cosmetic periodontal operations. Periodontist specialists mostly treat more of problematic periodontal conditions, like those with severe gum disorder or a complex medical record. Periodontists provide a wide scope of treatments, like scaling and the root planning where the infected surface of the root is cleared or the root surface debridement where the damaged tissue is removed. They can also heal their clients with severe gum issues using a wide range of surgical operations. Additionally, periodontal surgeons are essentially trained in the placement, support, and repairing of dental implants.
Know about when to visit a Periodontist:
People now-a-days suffer from the advanced gum disorders, which are more costly to be treated and more extensive also. Hence, it is always best to visit your periodontal surgeon before you feel the hell like pain in your gums. “Prevention is always better than cure”, visiting your dentist will help you save lots of money and pain too. Read on the following and get to know when can you see a periodontal physician:
1) If you feel the pain while eating. The time when bacteria causes infection surrounding the tooth root, biting down may cause pressures resulting in pain in and around the gum and tooth.
2) If you feel sensitivity towards extreme temperatures, consult periodontal surgeon. Likewise, once the root area is included and gums have receded to reveal more of the root, your teeth may turn very sensitive and responsive to temperature modifications.
3) While brushing and flossing if you feel redness, swelling or bleeding, these are symptoms showing that your gums are facing and attacking harmful bacteria.
4) If you feel prolong bad breath, sour or bad taste in mouth bacterial gets produced and the toxins bacteria help to cause that unpleasant taste, and this continues even after brushing and flossing.
5) If your gums possess deep gaps between gums and the teeth or the teeth are moving out of their normal alignment or get loose.
6) If you feel changes in biting structure. This could happen if the teeth turn loose.
7) If in case you have a family history of such disorders, this may contribute to it. Hence take early precautions and visit a periodontal physician for an evaluation.
8) Also for the people who smoke; smoking damages circulation, hence gums don’t receive the oxygen and nutrients they require to stay healthy. When gums aren’t in best health, they can’t get rid of infection or bacterial invasion and also they can when they are healthy fit, making them more prone to produce gum disorders.
9) If you suffer from diabetes, the bacteria responsible for gum disorder thrive on sugar, and people having diabetes are expected to have greater levels of sugar in their saliva. Additionally, diabetes can also damage circulation essential to maintain healthy and sound gums.
10) If you’ve never had visited a periodontist, a reputed survey says around half of all adults over 30 yrs of age have some form of gum disorder, so if you’re above 30 or older and haven’t been accessed or you haven’t visited a periodontist yet, you must schedule a visit as soon as possible to ensure you receive the treatment you require to get rid of gum disorders.
How to recognize if you have Periodontal (Gum) Disorder?
One can have a really beautiful smile but below, they could be losing periodontal attachment, that is; bone that maintains and supports the teeth. Gum disorder is normally do not have any symptoms. Some warning signs might be slight bleeding while brushing or flossing, bit redness and inflammation on the margins of the gums, bad taste or bad breath, or you may not observe or feel anything. Later symptoms and consequences which you will recognize comprise abscesses, loose or shaking teeth, and then tooth loss.
It is always preferred to better visit any physician before you get indulged with any minor or major disorder. In the same manner, loosening of teeth might lessen your confidence and self-esteem also. One must always take healthy precautions to help prevent these disorders and stay healthy as you are now. So, book your appointment with your nearest Periodontal doctor take the crucial steps for maintaining your dental health.