Dental diseases are universal. Nearly every man, woman and child will experience some aspect of these diseases during their lifetimes. Most dental diseases do not heal without intervention.
They are chronic, progressive and destructive over time. That’s why it is critical that individuals with unmet dental needs within the U.S. health care system obtain timely and cost-effective treatment. It will save lives and save money.
Each year, millions of productive work hours are lost due to dental diseases. Dental disease is one of the leading causes of school absenteeism for children.
• Workers lose 164 million work hours because of dental disease
• Children miss 51 million hours of school due to dental problems
• Oral-related illnesses account for 3.6 million days of bed disability, 11.8 million days of restricted activity and 1 million lost school days
The bottom line is lack of dental treatment will cost you!
Every American should receive the care necessary to promote good oral health. Most dental diseases are preventable and early dental treatment has proven to be cost effective. For example:
• Preventive care and early detection and treatment saves $4 billion annually
• Children who receive preventive dental care early in life have lifetime dental costs that are 40 percent lower than children who do not receive this care
• The cost of providing preventive dental treatment is estimated to be 10 times less costly than managing symptoms of dental disease in a hospital emergency room
With an estimated 85 million Americans are without dental insurance, how do you pay for dental care?
One example is Care Credit. Care Credit is a healthcare credit card that can be used as a payment option for certain expenses not covered by insurance. Care Credit is offered primarily for dentistry, vision correction, veterinary medicine, hearing care, cosmetic treatments and surgery.
Care Credit is a simple way to consolidate and manage certain out-of-pocket healthcare expenses. Care Credit is a credit card with a revolving line of credit that can be used repeatedly and for any family member.