Photo: Getty Images
Hundreds of women have shared details about their emotionally-strained and sex-starved relationships, and guess who answered.....men!
We compiled a list of "best responses" from men, hoping to shed some light on this difficult subject. Relationships are all unique, and we hope women use these responses as a guide when talking with their significant other.
Men Are Not Sex Objects:
- Men have different emotions, too, and to put them in a narrow box, assuming they always want sex, or should always be easily excitable, is not fair. Men are not sex objects, just like women are not.
- I find my girl attractive, we get along, but sometimes I just don't feel like having sex.
- Sometimes us men just don't know what we should do. So now we both lay in bed and hope the other does something. This can go on for weeks. When we do have sex, I last three minutes when I used to last longer. Well, that just made things worse, and then I was afraid of doing it again. I know we should have more sex, but we put ourselves in this rut where it made us both unapproachable to each other.
- I wish I could make it better so she is happier about herself and us. I don't cheat—that is way too much work to pull off on the side! Yes, many guys do, but as far as I know they are still having sex with their girlfriends.
- If my girlfriend is insulting, critical...it kills the trust and makes sex feel hypocritical.
- I am probably also sensitive in the fact that I never want to have sex if we have had a fight or even when there is lingering crap. To me I want it fixed between us before we get busy.
- Believe it or not, I hate that we don't ever really talk about it. She just will complain or make snide comments (which does not help). I don't want to force myself to have sex (sounds weird coming from a guy).
- I know it sounds absurd, but I am afraid of her getting pregnant even though we use protection.
- Too many rules that I can not possibly live up to (in and outside the bedroom).