Golden shower, water sports, urophilia...whatever you call it, it involves particular sex behaviors that involve the use of urine for pleasure.
Many may be reading this thinking, “how unsanitary!”, “how disgusting!”, but read on for some interesting facts about pee-and-sex. It may not just be for the daring among us!
According to sex research (Sex in America, 1994), men are more likely than women to have tried many sex-related activities, including “watching adult films with their partner, going to strip clubs, sex in a public place and taking erotic photos/videos”. This may also be true with sexual acts labeled as “eroticism”, which in my interpretation includes sexual stimulation from acts involving urine.
Even if you are not so keen as to peeing on someone deliberately, there have been many women who are worried about peeing on their partner during sex, accidentally. How do you think your partner would respond? It is an interesting question, as there are many sensations and “letting go” moments during sex and climax that could easily lead to some urine leaking out unintentionally.
Additionally, if a woman (or man) has a full bladder, certain sexual positions could put pressure on the bladder, and trying to hold your urine could be futile! In these cases, I hope you and your partner are intimate enough in other ways (sharing, trusting, communication) that you would be able to discuss this event with humor and understanding, possibly even intrigue.
Reasons a couple may consider adding “water sports” to their sexual repertoire:
- Sexual acts that are deemed as “forbidden” or “taboo” can often create sexual excitement from the mere act of engaging in that behavior (regardless if the behavior itself is pleasurable)
- Physical pleasure from the release of urine (for those of us who can admit that it does feel good to urinate, especially when we really need to go!
- Emotional pleasure from the increased intimacy, trust and “knowing every part” of your partner
- More intense orgasms with a full bladder
- Used during role playing and other “dominance/submission” sex acts