Traveling puts additional stress on you and your skin. Regardless of whether you are traveling by car or plane, or for business or pleasure, following the tips below will help make your time away more relaxing and leave your skin well taken care of.
1. Moisturize your face the night before you go to give your face some extra pampering. Carry your own brand of moisturizer to not risk a break out from the lotion provided by the hotel. Bring your regular facial cleanser and your type of bar soap for the same reason. Just leave the bar of soap at the hotel rather than try to transport it back home.
2. Drink plenty of water, especially if traveling by plane, to help hydrate your skin. The air inside planes and trains can be very drying so you and your skin need the extra boost.
3. Avoid long lasting lipsticks and go for colored lip stain instead then apply lip gloss for shine. Carry a medicated lip balm for when lips are really feeling dry. It can be used over your lipstick and won’t rub it off.
4. If traveling abroad, make sure you carry your own brands of make-up because it may be difficult to find your usual one and you won’t want to take a chance with an unfamiliar product. Many cosmetic lines offer gifts with purchase specials full of great travel size products. Or buy travel size containers in sizes under the airline restriction of 3.4 oz so you can carry your essentials on the airplane.
5. Pick and pack skin products based on the climate of your destination. If traveling to a humid area, you may not need much moisturizer but if you are going skiing, you will need a high SPF sunscreen with moisturizer.
6. The world can be a pretty dirty place, so try to keep your hands away from your face. Bacteria are present on all types of surfaces and it is not always convenient to wash your hands. Do carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer for those times where a sink and soap cannot be found.
7. Use hand cream after each wash to keep your hands moisturized and to counter the harsh effects of soaps from public places. Keep a small tube handy in your purse.