My boyfriend inserted his penis

inside me about to 1.5cm in for 2 to 3 mins but I don't bleed did my hymen is broken or not,did I bleed on my wedding night?

Welcome to EmpowHER.

The hymen is a piece of tissue that lines the vaginal opening. It has an opening that can be of any size – it can be thin or thick.

It should have an opening. Otherwise your menstrual blood cannot come out and an opening would need to be created.

You often hear about the hymen breaking with first intercourse. It can happen, but if a woman is relaxed during intercourse and has good lubrication and she or her partner has tried to stretch the hymen with fingers, then it likely won't break.

Not every woman spots or has slight bleeding the first time she has intercourse.