40 day long period

By March 4, 2015 - 4:38pm

I got my period 3-4 years ago I'm 14 will be 15 on April 3rd, I have been on my period for 40 days now at about 20 days in it stopped for a day and started again the next day and yesterday day it stopped again for 1 day and started again today. Someone please help me my mom won't take me to the doctor and I don't have a dad but I have a step dad that's want to take me in but I don't know how he can without being a legal parent.

I know I need to see a doctor I'm trying to get to one I just wanted to know thing that might have contributed to it.

Hi Talia

We helped you with this question before. 

You need medical help and your mother is being neglectful. Ask you stepdad to take you in - go behind your mother's back if you have to. 

Normally that is not something I would recommend but we talked about this a month ago and you are still bleeding like this - you need medical attention.  Go to your doctor or somewhere like Planned Parenthood - it's fine to to with your stepdad. Please don't suffer this any longer, Talia.  Go to a doctor. 

Keep us posted, ok?

Do you think I could possibly be because a lot has changed in my life relatively quickly? In 4 months I lost around 30 pounds,started have sex ( yes I use condoms and iv known him for a long long time) I've been extremely stressed out nonstop from relationship issues with several people in my life. Plus I have never had access to any kind of vitamins which I should probably have. I also heard from a couple friends that sometimes they will put you on birth control and just have you skip the last week of pills so you don't get your period? Does that work for anyone or just certain people?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Talia185)

Hi again

Stress can affect the menstrual cycle greatly - I don't think if this is the case with you. 

You have to have a medical evaluation to know what's wrong.   

There are birth control medications out there that stop your period or yes, you can keep taking active pills. But that's

not important now - what's important is that you get the root of what's wrong.  You need to see a doctor, simple as that.