ask: Is 45 too old to have a baby??

I'm recently married and my new husband and I have started talking about having a baby together. Not right away, but maybe we'd start trying in the next year or two. I have a couple of teenagers from my previous marriage and this is his first marriage (no kids). The problem is timing - we're not getting any younger!! We're both in our 40's - I'll be turning 45 later this year, and when I had my last baby at age 31, I thought I was totally done having kids. I never would have dreamed I'd even be thinking about another baby, but of course I never ever dreamed I'd get divorced and then remarried.

My question to other moms out there is what your opinion is on having a baby later in life. I'd love to know ALL your feelings on this. At the moment, I'm so enjoying my teenagers and love the fact that they're each becoming so independent and that we can do so many fun things together. I love my independence as well, and how much easier this part of my life is. As much as I'd love to have a baby with my husband at some point, I'm wondering if adding a new baby into the mix would be completely insane at this "middle-aged" stage of the game. What do you think? I could sure use some advice!

Anonymous

Hi again, I last made a comment on here about eight months ago just after the birth of my beautiful daughter at the age of 45 conceived naturally with the help of natural progesterone cream. No problems throughout pregnancy and healthy chubby baby!. Well can you believe it I am pregnant again and will turn 46 in a weeks time, hubby and I are so pleased as its a brother/sister for our daughter. The only thing different for us having a child later is the huge amount of life experience and maturity you have to put to good use. We couldn't be happier so if its what you want go for it, I really believe the natural progesterone cream has helped me ovulate this second time so it might be worth a google if you are trying.

Yes I want a baby to a man who has a good heart .phil

O me too I would to have a baby I'm turning to 46 i want a baby .GOD PROVIDED with a man who's has a good heart .

Anonymous

Im 46 and met my current partner lzst august, we have been trying for the past 2 months tl concieve after 25 years on the pill, if it happens it happens, he has 2 sons from a previous marriage, and ive had a pregnancy in my early 20s.

Anonymous

Today I turn 45 and I'm 11 weeks pregnant with my first child. I am having genetic testing over the next 2 weeks which includes Harmony testing and an ultrasound with blood tests.
My partner has 3 children 30,28 & 14. We conceived naturally and unexpectedly but we are very happy to be blessed with our new little growing life.
I would be a liar if I said I wasn't scared but if I had found myself pregnant at 25 or 35 I probably would have been equally as scared.
I say go for it and good luck to all you lovely ladies out there in your 40's trying to conceive, pregnant or with beautiful little ones x

Happy birthday!! Wow, I love to read stories like yours. I'm 41 and have had 4 miscarriages but am not giving up. Dr. says just old eggs and all tests are normal. I have 5 grown kids from my first husband that passed away 7 years ago and I've since remarried and want a baby with him so badly. I'm hoping this is my month!!

I hope your dreams come true. I was just lucky I guess as when we got pregnant it was a very stressful time. We had just bought our house, moved to a new city and started a new job. I believe nature has a way of surprising you when you least expect it. Good luck x

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Happy birthday!

Even if your child has Down's, I'm sure you will all be fine!

Susan thank you for your comment. I think it was an honest fair comment x just a quick update - we got our genetic testing results and we are expecting a little boy <3 he has a 1/10000 chance of a serious genetic condition. We are very grateful for these results :-)

Yippee! 

I am glad you realize my comment came from your Harmony testing comment. As a Moderator here, my assistance has never been mean-spirited. We elected to have no testing done at all and it's a scary thing. 

Wishing you a healthy pregnancy and easy labor! 

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :