Abnormal uterine bleeding

So I went to the er a few days ago ...got a sonogram done and also a transvaginal (I think it's called) done and I.v Putin me and also got blood tests done....doc said everything came back okay. And said I has urinary tract infection and abnormal uterine bleeding..I got antibiotics for the u.t.i and put me on 7 days of provera. Day day of it I'm still bleeding had a little blood clot with some more bleeding nothing heavy .i only had a slight cramp other than that no pain at all. How long does it take to work? And do I get another period after I stop taking it? Any advise or comments or shared story's will be wonderful thank you

Provera is used to end abnormal bleeding in woman and to regulate her menstrual cycle. If you are on a 7 day cycle of medication then it should work for next month. Some women take Provera quite often if they have very irregular periods. 

See what happens for your next cycle and contact your doctor if you skip a period or it's very irregular. 

Are you usually irregular or is this something sudden?

We hope to hear back from you!