am I pregnant

By November 27, 2009 - 1:21am

I am 23 yrs old , I had my periods on 19 oct ,I usually have 27 days cycle , I had all signs of pregnancy like nausea, sore breast, tingling nipples, I was stressed too...though I dint have direct vaginal contact wid my boy friend....I did mastrubate one after giving him oral sex.......which I doubted for the sperm to remain on my fingers....then I got my bleeding on nov 16 which was exactly the 27th day......but the bleeding persisted for just 1 day stopping on 17th night ........the flow was normal wetting 2 pads in 24 hours.......I did take a hpt test on 16thnov morning which was neg........once I got the bleeding I was relaxed and the symptoms such as nausea, sore breast etc subsided ........but I doubt was that the implantation bleeding .....with this stress I am feeling tingling in my nipples again and feeling that my stomach has come out........today I examined my cervical mucus and it was egg white like ........are there chances of me being pregnant .I am feeling very scared , I cant go see a gyn.....plz help

hi I went to the gyn today she asked me to come once I get my periods on the very first day..........I took a hpt test to day it came out negative......I suppose there r no chances of me being pregnant..........bcoz its almost 2 weeks since I had my bleeding ........and if i got pregnant last month I should have got a positive result ......since we were not together I got the 1 day bleeding........but still wen i think of relaxing my mind is troubling me saying it is still possible..........and I ll know it late ........its frustrating my boy friend says i have to meet a psychiatrist ........since I am imagining a lot.....thanks for ur replies so fare ........it was very use full.....for me....I ll keep in touch........

That's great news Ninu but I have to tell you not to let your boyfriend determine what birth control pill to put you on. That is a decision you and your doctor need to decide on, not your boyfriend. You will need to talk to your doctor about your medical history, get a physical and talk about possible interactions with medications you are on, or could be on.

I am glad your boyfriend is looking out for you but unless he is your doctor this is not something your boyfriend should decide on, only you and your own health care provider.

You take care and keep us updated.

ya I have tried and got a birth control pill which I have to take from the first day of my menstruation for 21 days ..........my friend has it and my boy friend has promised to get me .....once I get my periods .......and I am going to take a hpt test on this 1st ........praying it to be negative.......I have also talked to him about condoms.....hope i get through this time.........so that I ll be very careful by next time......

Hi again Ninu

It's very easy to "get carried away" because sex is a very normal and healthy aspect of life. You are not so much getting carried away, just following a very normal human instinct.

However, it's possible to wait until marriage - of course! Many people still do it. It can be a challenged thing but they abstain from most kinds of sexual behavior aside from kissing and hugging. If you do wish to wait until marriage, keep any kind of sexual actions to a minimum so that you don't take that next step.

I am glad that you feel your boyfriend is wrong when he's sure he can't get you pregnant. You are getting closer and closer to intercourse and the closer you get, the higher your risks are towards pregnancy. I strongly suggest that he uses condoms every time so that if you do progress to sex, you'll be (literally and figuratively) covered.

A strong desire to have sex is is not a psychological problem - it's very normal. The human race is biologically built to have sex in order to procreate, relieve stress etc.

Is there any way that you can get on birth control pills without judgment or getting into trouble? If so, I think that would be a good idea so that you are not facing these stresses all the time.

And with regard to reading stories about pregnant women on the net - I have also read some very strange and highly unbelievable stories too. Don't use any story you read as fact, unless it's coming from and reliable and verifiable source.

Will you look into birth control options for yourself and let us know what happens? In the meantime be very careful about what sexual activity you're engaging in while unprotected and do remember that sexual urges are a normal part of life. We hope to keep in contact with you and see you through this!

thanks for ur reply...........I said i cant see a gyn bcoz I live in India .......here it is difficult to see a gyn unless u r married.......I am thinking of using some birth control pills...but every other time all this happens i decide I 'll not get into all this once again before my marriage......but wen I am wid my boyfriend I dont know why i get carried away...is there any thing I can do to control myself....I have read a lot of women write on net that they had their periods until they were 5 months pregnant....I am scared of the fact.......that I can do nothing if its too late....my boy friend is quit very sure that there is no way for me to get pregnant .........but I am worrying him too...I feel its just a psycological problem......so i should drop thinking about it.......but later i feel I ll land up pregnant & it will be too late......my bf is very worried about me.....he 's not able to find a way to calm me.....down or clear my doubts........

Hi Ninu-

Thank you for your question!

If you did have bleeding that was soaking several pads, it's very unlikely that this is implantation bleeding, since that kind of bleeding is more like light spotting. If your pregnancy test was taken correctly and was negative, take comfort in that, as well as the type of sexual activity you are engaging in, which puts you at a low risk of pregnancy. The discharge you see probably means you are ovulating, not pregnant although you won't know for sure until you get your period again.

Ninu, I notice that you have posted quite a lot about being worried about pregnancy. Are you taking birth control? Please think about going on the birth control pill (you'll need to talk to your doctor about this) or using condoms or another form of protection. All women who don't want to be pregnant need to make sure they are fully protected.

You are 23 but say you cannot go to see a gynecologist - may I ask why? Are you living somewhere where this is difficult? Your boyfriend can also help you out here by providing and using condoms. All this stress will really take a toll on you and will stop you from enjoying sex and from living happily. Can you tell us a little more about your situation and why you cannot see a doctor or use birth control?