Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: Anyone using the Mirena IUD have a low sex drive? Mine is almost non existant! :o(

By Kara

Anonymous

It is comforting to read these comments. My girlfriend has lost all interest in sex and she basically told me this last night in bed. She gets annoyed now if I go to cuddle her or even kiss her. I felt so hurt and feel rejected. She said she thinks it might be the coil that is making her this way. I am so confused and don't know what to do. Are there different types of coils as I am only see the Mirena type mentioned on here.

I posted the previous post. You are not alone. We are having ours removed in February. I hate that it is this far way, but that is when she could get in. I even had a vasectomy in preparation to have this removed. I am now fully convinced it is the IUD. I just hope that her drive returns after removal. It is a pickle of a situation to be in. God wants me to learn something though.

Anonymous

I really want to see a follow up of one who has gotten off of the mirena and if it helped the situation. Upon reading this I am not real hopeful:
http://www.the-generous-husband.com/2010/02/27/is-the-pill-killing-her-s...

I also want to know if it affects just sex or all intimacy such as closeness, hugging, kissing, etc.

Thanks!

Anonymous

It's interesting that the health professionals seem to be dismissing all the associated symptoms that everyone on here and other sites are discussing! I'm a nurse myself so not sure why the docs are so adamant that the symptoms are not connected ?! I had mirena inserted 2 months ago and have definitely lost my mojo! I felt that previously my ability to get wet was something to be celebrated. Now I can't even get wet through any sexual activity. I feel like I have been stripped of all sexuality. I am having a consultation with a gynae doc tomorrow with a view to getting it removed. Mirena may be a functional form of bc but it is preventing me from having any fun.

Anonymous

I have had the minera in for almost a year and I have lost all interest in sex its terrible. When i was prego and even before that my sex drive was intense and unstoppable, now i can't even masturbate i feel it is totally minera and i think i need to have it removed or i will lose my relationship. Any men reading this its not your partner losing interest in ypu, she herself is lost and dont blame her. I myself never thought i could lose my sex drive (i always wanted it more than my guy) its time to try a different birth control. Good luck

This more and more encouraging to hear this for me. My wife and I are in our first year of marriage which is said to be the toughest. Couple that with her being in the military and we are far from family and friends. It really couldn't feel tougher and alone. We are to that point where I have to work to convince her to let us keep working on our life together. She has said that she doesn't have that romantic love for me. She feels love for me but is very confused and can't explain it. She is convinced to getting rid of the mirena, so hopefully we will be able to resume our path together.

Anonymous

You know, it hadn't occurred to me before now, but yes, since I had the Mirena implanted my sex drive has definitely bottomed out. Normally I wanted sex more often than my husband did, now the situation is quite reversed. :-/ I'm just never in the mood. It probably doesn't help that the simple act of getting turned on is slightly painful, now. When things start to tighten down below, I can feel the Mirena, and it causes an uncomfortable tugging sensation deep inside. To top it all off, I recently broke down and admitted to myself that I've been depressed since last December, and I had the Mirena implanted last October. So, now I'm wondering if the Mirena has caused that, too. :(

Anonymous

I'm so glad to see some relief to my own relationship woes. As much as it is terrible to see so many having problems it is also a comfort for myself to know that the zero sex drive and mood change is so common. My wife will be seeing this soon. We have been married a little over a year now and the device was placed not too much later. We had such a solid relationship till these side affects started taking place. Much to the point that I didn't even think such a small device could really wreck a couples life. I certainly hope we can repair the damage it has caused in a very timely manner.
Thank you all for sharing and hopefully all turns well very soon.

Is it all kinds of intimacy (kissing, hugging) or just lack of sex? I am at a loss with my wife. I hope this is the culprit. I did have a vasectomy and it is being removed in a few months, but I really want to know exactly how,this affects things. Thank yiou!

Anonymous

I had Mirena for the full 5 years. The beginning was difficult with headaches and mood swings but it didn't last. I recently had it removed and out of nowhere my sex drive is over the moon!!! To the point I think my husband is annoyed! Is this common with anyone having Mirena removed or is it just me??

How do you control your PMS?: