Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: Anyone using the Mirena IUD have a low sex drive? Mine is almost non existant! :o(

Anonymous

I had my IUD for about 5 months & found it to be horrible from the start. Spitting everyday, no sex drive.....it's been removed now for over a year and I still have not regained my sex drive. This makes me depressed at times for me & I know it kills my boyfriend. I only wish it would come back

Anonymous

being a guy i have no idea whats going on. i need help. my girlfriend/fiance fight all the time because she doesn't want to have sex and she is always depressed. and i started to do some research. she showed me this... now is there anyway that we should go about things. because her doctor refuses to take it out.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Her doctor has no right to refuse to take out an IUD. That's very strange. 

She needs to go to aother doctor or clinic and have it done - it only takes a few minutes.

Anonymous

I'm with you ladies! I only had mine for two months. Almost immediately, I lost all interest in sex, started gaining weight and losing hair. Even worse than the physical symptoms though, I stopped feeling like myself. I'm a confident, happy outgoing person. Almost overnight, I became anxious, edgy, depressed. A sense that everything was too much, that I couldn't cope. None of this was familiar, and it was driving me swiftly insane. So I had it taken out a week ago. After just a couple of days, I m starting to feel like myself. Happier, healthier, energetic again. And this morning, woo hoo, return of libido. So thankful my fiancé is bloody amazing and has been incredibly supportive and understanding in dealing with his partner becoming a completely different person. Fortunately, only briefly. Seriously ladies, if you are suffering any of the side effects, have it removed. I hate condoms. But I hate the person I turned into and how I felt much, much more. About bloody time somebody invented some decent alternatives with no side effects. Maybe even something for the guys to take responsibility for…. I'm fed up of having to mess with my body and my hormones.

Anonymous

I have just removed my iud after 2 years. I can not Waite to get my sex drive back, it is like looking part off who I am. I have suffered hair loss as well as low libido which have both made me feel really old . I'm 34 have an amazing fiance and couldn't understand why I had no sexual feelings for him. It is so reassuring reading about others having the same problem

Thanks for your input here - this thread has helped a lot of women. 

We hope you feel better soon! 

Anonymous

So i think that i may be the only male commenting here but I am having issues with my fiance and i blame it on her iud. She is experiencing 75% of the symptoms that i have read about. she has a loss of sex drive, pain in her side, hair loss, migraines, stomach pain, depression, trouble losing weight, anxiety, and others that i am just not thinking of right now. i started looking into this just by chance i saw something on lawsuits against them and started looking more into and i am finding that she has a lot of the symptoms, i have brought it up to her and she 100% agrees but she is very concerned about her options after getting it removed. she has a form of epilepsy so conventional forms of birth control effect her meds. she is also very worried about pregnancy even with mirana we still use a condom sue to an accidental pregnancy i had in a previous relationship. i have no issues with it and the sex drive although we argue about it and i feel like a complete ass afterwards is the least of my concerns at this point i am more concerned with her health and the other symptoms she is experiencing and i would really like any advice that anyone can give as i am a male and really have no idea what the other options are. ive tried doing research but other than the pill the other options have the same possible side effects and 90% of it is gibberish to me. Please help I love this girl with all my heart and don't want our relationship to suffer due to such a stupid thing.

DanielleDB

I am 27 and had my first child 5 months ago. I went and had the Mirena IUD placed during my 6 week check up. After years of not liking or taking the pill correctly, hating the side effects of the depo shot and just not enjoying the thought of having to use condoms with my significant other of 8yrs. The doctor suggested the IUD and made me feel like this was going to be an awesome form of BC. C'mon no periods after a certain amount of time, the $avings on famine products or monthly BC and having peace of mind for 5 years. Well, lately I am debating taking mine out.... especially after reading a large amount of other women's comments on here. I will share my issues but FIRST: most of these women's stories that I have read where women remove theirs and "feel" much better they DON'T mention what alternative birth control they are now using. This is my biggest concern. WHAT TO USE AFTER I TAKE IT OUT? So,what I thought my biggest issue was hair loss. I mean, LOTS! I even had my husband see how much came out after every shower just to prove I wasn't being over dramatic. He was so freaked out my a few months of it and convinced to me call my doc. The doctor didn't see me just had me do thyroid blood work to rule it out. When it came back all normal he said this is a common hormonal change. I went and got a short hair cut and am just dealing with it. Next, is the NO sex drive. I wasn't much of a sexual person before this but at least wanted to be intimate occasionally. Now I don't think about sex and when the thought does pop into my head I get grossed out and shutter at the thoughts of sexual acts. I even angrily changed the channels during the wee early hours when those "dirty" commercials come on. Another inclination that something was wrong was when my man started rubbing my shoulders I became almost repulsed and shivered (shaking him off) I felt horrible in the way that made him feel. We had a long talk about it and how I hope this issue doesn't last. I said it feels psychological and could be a combination of everything: new baby, stress, body complex, exhaustion, and just something else.... deeper. Now, after researching 'low sex drive from iud' I am convinced the IUD is the reason. I dont know about weight gain bcuz I did just have a baby and I am not as active as I was before. I still am spotting blood off and on and I have not had any depression which I am very grateful of. Anyways, if you have taken your iud out what form of birth control did you end up using?

Anonymous

I have had my iud for three yrs now...my sex drive is zero...tonight while trying to have intercourse my hb informed me that we might have only a few more years before our marriage ends....I blame the iud for ruining my marriage but do not have insurance to have it removed....I am heart broken that something so stupid as an iud can ruin a marriage of 13 yrs.........

You can get it yanked at planned parenthood or a similar low-cost place for free. I had one put in for free, and they'll take it out whenever I want. 0.o

How do you control your PMS?: