Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: Anyone using the Mirena IUD have a low sex drive? Mine is almost non existant! :o(

By Kara

Anonymous

Wow I was heading to the doctor today get one of these and you guys have totally changed my mind!!!! I had the implanon and as much as it worked well for me it caused me high blood pressure. And like you are all saying about the mirena, I didn't realize until I got it taken out that I had no sex drive, now I can't get enough and I don't want to loose this again (neither does my partner) one question has anyone at all actually kept their sex drive with the mirena???? Actually 2 questions, is it true you can feel it when you are having sex?

Anonymous

Reporting back! I first posted concerns and complaints back in October. I had the Mirena removed on Jan. 8th and wow, my husband and I can tell a difference. No more painful tugging sensation, and the simple act of being aroused is no longer uncomfortable. It's safe to say I've got my old sex drive back! We've had more sex since the removal than we've had in the past 5 months combined. For the past year, it took me forever to get wet, which was very discouraging. I don't seem to have THAT problem anymore, either. All in all, I'm VERY happy to have the Mirena out, I only wish I had removed it sooner!

Anonymous

There are some complaints about no follow-up here. I posted on December 7 about how Mirena rendered my usually multiorgasmic partner completely mute and uninterested.

She had it taken out at the end of December, and the results were virtually immediate. It was rather obvious to us as soon as we resumed, a few days later.

I can only advise that if Mirena is causing the problems so frequently described on this site, GET IT TAKEN OUT. As you can all read, it can destroy relationships and marriages. Don't let his happen to you. I am so happy that we are back to what we were.

Anonymous

I've been on mirena since November 2013 and i wouldnt say my sex drive is gone but i just cant stay ;ubricated for a long time.... its very frustrating which is why sometimes I choose not to do but after reading all of these comments I'm gonna get it removed asap.

Anonymous

the IUD ruined my relationship, plus my partner at the time was really not being sensitive and blamed it all on me and thought I made up a story to avoid intercourse. I was even MORE broken, both physically and emotionally, this was 7 years ago, and I have had trouble being intimate ever since, although I found pleasurable sex with partners after that, the emotional avoidance keep coming back once in a while.

Anonymous

I had the mirena for three and a half years. I gained 25 lbs., no energy, hair loss, and absolutely no sex drive at all. I decided to have it taken out on January 2nd. Ten days later I feel like a whole new person. I'm not sure yet about the weight gain and if the mirena was the cause. Everything else has changed back to the way I used to be. The most important one is my libido is back. I wish I would have realized that mirena was the cause long before now.

Anonymous

I truly thought putng in a Mirena would have been the best and easiest choice for me.........boy was i wrong. I have had none stop pain/ cramps everyday since i put it in in oct 2014, spotting everyday and bleeding after sexual intercourse, and i definitely have absolutely no sex drive. it has almost been three months and im about to see my Doc tomorrow Jan 6,2015 to discuss having it removed. I am a newly wed and im not about to let this break up my happy home.
Cass

I endured jaydess IUD from april 2014 till dec 2014. Your story is similar to mine and it just did'nt get any better. Now I'm happy, sexsual with my man and have my old body back.

Anonymous

Can some of you females tell me if it is just lack or desire or flat our aversion? It seems to be aversion for my wife. Trying to figure out if we should wait and see when it is removed next month or if we should seek counseling. Thank you all for the insights. It really has been helpful in a tough situation.

I'm on Mirena. Been on it since august 2014. My sex drive has flatlined. In fact, it's gone to aversion. I don't want my boyfriend to touch me, I don't want to have sex, and I have a hard time climaxing, although I think this is more tied to just not wanting to have sex than anything physically wrong or different.

So it's not just you. I have a lot of guilt about what has happened. I can't speak for your situation, but all I can say is try to be as supportive as you can. Having your body hijacked by hormones is hell for all involved.

How do you control your PMS?: