Wellness

ask: Are You What You Eat?

By Coach Virginia

Are pills really the answer to every ill? Consumers of Modern medicine support a very profitable industry: Pharmaceutical companies! But have we gone to far and forgot our own accountability to maintain a health body?

I think it is time for each of us to take responsibility for our bodies, what we eat and what we feed our children. Food Matters is the latest documentary that offers an eye opening overview of the many powers behind the health crisis in the modern world. Watch this short overview of the movie Food Matters and lead the efforts to a better, healthier society.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L38YMhP2YdQ

Coach Virginia

Thanks Anon, I would like to get your feedback after you watch the movie. I have watched the whole thing three times and each time I experienced a new "AHA" moment. At some point Americans will have to take some responsibility on their own health along with establishing policies that hold accountable other special interests like the food industry, pharma, and those who continue to pollute the environment, crops, etc.

Anonymous

This was very interesting, thank you Coach Virginia for sharing the link. I have ordered to movie and will watch it with my family. I hope my teenage kids see the value of this film. My husband has many health issues and I think at the root cause of all of them is his terrible eating habits, now he has to face the side effects of the many medications he takes. It is a vicious cycle and we are tired of the quick fixes. He is not getting healthier, with all the side effects he is actually much more sicker than before. We need to start easting better. Thank you again!

"Good health makes a lot of sense but it doesn't make a lot of money..." was one of the quotes. Very true indeed.

I'm appalled at what we eat, in general. My diet isn't perfect, not are my childrens'. We are guilty of eating processed foods at times, but we do make a concerted effort to eat fresh fruits and veggies as much as possible, as well as brown foods (wholegrain) and vegetarian proteins.

What we eat really does matter; food can be used as a preventative tool as well as a nutritional one. As a society we have got to stop running to the pharmaceutical companies to cure something that was preventable in the first place. I believe that drugs can heal and I'm not against mainstream medication for diseases/infections when necessary, but we all really need to eat out of boxes less and eat out of the ground a bit more.

Thank you for this link, it was interesting to watch!

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: