Bleeding after 3 years of no periods

I have not had a period for 3 years so I am post-menopausal. Suddenly November 2nd I had a bleeding that lasted for 8 days. Started with bloody streaks and progressed to dark bleeding that was as heavy as a normal period. I had an ultrasound and a transvaginal ultrasound that showed 2 cysts on my left ovary and an abnormal thickening of the lining in the uterus. The bleeding has started again as of November 29th. I am waiting for an appointment with an OB/GYN. I am thinking I have something pretty serious going on. My doctor doesn't seem to think this is anything to worry about but after losing my Stepdad in July/09 and my Dad was given 3 months to live as of October ... both due to cancer ... I can't help but wonder. Does anyone have some insight into my issues?

Im twenty years old and my period stopped three years ago. Now as of 3/16/17 it looks like my period is back with a light flow today. I've been tested before for PCOS but everything turned up normal, nothing out of the ordinary and no cysts. What should I do?

Guide (reply to Antoniea Prologo)

Hello Antoniea Prologo,

You may want to mention this to your gynecologist. Otherwise, just keep track of your menstrual cycles and periods.

Regards,

Anonymous

As of today 02/28/17 I started spotting after 2 1/2 years. I have been under great stress for the past year since I lost my father as well as major changes at my employment. I am praying that this is only stress. I must make an appointment to see someone as soon as possible. I just can't handle any more. I just can't. Anyone have any ideas on what could be happening?

I'm sorry you lost your father and are still living with stress. We cannot say why you are bleeding but please let us know what your doctor thinks.

Anonymous

B
I'm 55 have not had a period for 3 years is this something to worry about

Hello Anon

This is normal - it means menopause is over for you.

Anonymous

I haven't had a period for over 12 years but now I'm bleeding slightly just pale streaks beginning to worry a bit does anyone have advice

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Call your gynecologist's office to schedule an appointment.

Twelve years without a period means you've completed menopause, and shouldn't have any menstrual bleeding. Even a little spotting is not normal after menopause.

Postmenopausal bleeding could be caused by a number of health problems, some of which are serious. Causes can include non-cancerous polys, thinning of the endometrium or thickening of the endometrium, and uterine cancer.

Please keep us updated,

Anonymous

I'm 50 haven't had a period in 12 months. All of a sudden I'm bleeding . :( it's been two days of very lite blood in the mornings. By afternoon it's gone. Can I still get pregnant? Thank you.

Since you went a full year without periods, you're in menopause and can't get pregnant.

Your bleeding is not normal. Vaginal bleeding is never normal unless you're having your period or have recently given birth- please contact your doctor for advice.