Q: 

Bleeding after 3 years of no periods

I have not had a period for 3 years so I am post-menopausal. Suddenly November 2nd I had a bleeding that lasted for 8 days. Started with bloody streaks and progressed to dark bleeding that was as heavy as a normal period. I had an ultrasound and a transvaginal ultrasound that showed 2 cysts on my left ovary and an abnormal thickening of the lining in the uterus. The bleeding has started again as of November 29th. I am waiting for an appointment with an OB/GYN. I am thinking I have something pretty serious going on. My doctor doesn't seem to think this is anything to worry about but after losing my Stepdad in July/09 and my Dad was given 3 months to live as of October ... both due to cancer ... I can't help but wonder. Does anyone have some insight into my issues?

Anonymous

i am 52 years i had small bleeding today after 3 years is this is serious

Anonymous

Hi. I had a thermal balloon ablation and hysteroscopy over five years ago, with no menstruation since. I am currently on get, I am 54. Tonight I have had some bleeding, should I be concerned?

Anonymous

Hello I have been postmenopasue for six years maybe seven. Tonight I am having a period it has been so long since I have had to wear a pad and pants to bed. It is a lot of blood but my periods were always heavy should I be concerned cat in uk

Anonymous

I'm 19 years old and have had one one weak period about year and a half ago and before that nothing for a year. I have the implant and only one ovary and today I've came on my period and it's causing me alot of pain. Is it normal for it to randomly come back?

Anonymous

Hello,what after 15 years and at 60 you start bleeding and having chronic abdominal pain for 3 years and losing weight ...what scared me when I was bleeding heavy for a few hours and stopped it there a concern .. Roberta

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Roberta,

This is something to be very concerned about. Please call your gynecologist today.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thank you so much Maryann, you give me a lot of confidence. ..
My doctor said he would send me to a gynecologist, said it was an emergency and almost two weeks now and I have not heard anything.

I'm 15 yrs old and I haven't had my period for 4 yrs ...please help

Anonymous

I'm 44 and have not bled for 13_14 years and I was bleeding earlier. Can u help?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You must call and speak with your gynecologist, who knows you and your medical history.

Regards,