Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

By mrsbrathwaite

I had my fallopian tubes removed due to multiple etopic pregnancies. I still have my ovaries, so can I still get pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi I'm so worried I don't know how to tell my man that my tubes were removed due to two ectopics. He really want us to have a child of our own but its hard for me to tell him that I can only do a child via ivf. I really need some advise how to tell him

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Honesty is the best policy. 

None of this is your fault, it's a medical issue you had. You are worth FAR more than your reproductive capabilities. You are a decent human being with so much to offer. IVF or adoption are great options. If he loves you, he'll know that your fallopian tubes are not what makes you the woman you are. 

Tell him - be honest and practical. He should be there to support and comfort you. 

Anonymous

Both are my tube is block nd my fsh report is abnormal than what can i do for pragnancy

Anonymous

Anonymous

hi im new to this site... will tel u my story last june 5 was done my hsg saying that my right tube was blocked(no spill) and my left tube is ok after 2months bcome prego but had early mc and my ob told me that it was chemical pregnancy and advised me to wait for 1cycle bfore trying again den after 2mos again that was october i bcome preggo but unfortunately was diagnosed with Viable Left Tubal pregnancy w/heartbeat oct 25 my ob do the lap and removed my left tube i was so devasdated and cried too much bcoz i know that there's no way for me to have a natural pregnancy coz my right tube is blocked but my ob told me that she visualized on lap that my right tube look healthy and advise me to try to concieve after 3months... I'am so confused wich one has an accurate result the hsg or lap? is she give me a false hope? is lap can visualized if your tube are blocked without dying it? please help me so really confused...

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Welcome to the EmpowHER community. I can appreciate how confusing this must be.

I am no expert on this matter. However, I can tell you that the hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is an X-ray test that looks at the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them. With a gynecologic laparoscopy, dye may be injected into your cervix area so the surgeon can view your fallopian tubes.

I can only suggest getting the opinion of a second gynecologist/obstetrician.

Regards,

Anonymous

Question: I have had 3 ectopic (tubal ) pregnancies for three. Consecutive years. The first one was my left tube, the second was my right tube the third was my right tube and I was told that they removed my both tubes. Before the 3rd pregnancy I did an hsg and was told that it was successful but I still ended in that mess. I've never had any infections or stds so my Dr suggested for me to do an ivf. Is there any other option for me at all.

I do not think you have any other option but in vitro fertilization. You have a history of three ectopic pregnancies and removal of both fallopian tubes.

Regards,

Anonymous

Ive got two questions really, my first one is are there any health risk to the mother or baby involved if you do become pregnant within the 3 month recommened wait period after having a fallopian tube removed due to an eptopic pregnancy? Also, ive been trying to do research and all I can find is a decreased sex drive after tubal removal but is it possible for it to increase your sex drive. During and after my first pregnancy it would hurt to have sex as if he was hitting something in there and also it led to an extreme lower sex drive now after the eptopic I feel more in the mood, but still to soon to tell if the slight deep pain is because of surgery or the same pain as before...any idea sorry if all this was tmi! Thank you

Thank you for your question.

If your physician advised you to wait at least three months before trying to conceive, there must be a good reason and you should consult him or her on that.

Your chances of having a successful pregnancy will depend on the underlying health of your remaining fallopian tube. In general, 65% of women achieve a successful pregnancy 18 months after having an ectopic pregnancy.

Your physician knows the health of your remaining fallopian tube and your risk factors for another ectopic pregnancy, if there are any.

I can only surmise grieving and discomfort as reasons for a decreased sex drive. Loss of a pregnancy can be devastating for some women.

Consult your gynecologist regarding the pain you continue to experience.

Regards,

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :