Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

By mrsbrathwaite

I had my fallopian tubes removed due to multiple etopic pregnancies. I still have my ovaries, so can I still get pregnant?

Anonymous

A ruptured appendix destroyed the ovary on my right side and damaged the tube on my left side. The remains of the right ovary were removed during surgery. After trying for 2 years to get pregnant naturally the doctor has enrolled us for IVF. Due to fluid in the damaged tube leading to the remaining ovary I underwent a procedure to put clips on the tube. A week ago I was due to start medication for the IVF however my period did not arrive. I put it down to nerves - seemingly not uncommon. Yesterday I went to the assisted conception unit and after a scan and test they broke the news that I am 5 weeks pregnant! I don't know how but shows that you should never give up trying or hope!

Wow! That is amazing news!!! Congrats and thank you for sharing!

Anonymous

Here is my story........ Sept 2003 I had my tubes tied. In April 2014 I had a eptopic pregnancy that ended with my left tube being removed. That only leaves me with one tube. The doctor told me that my right tube is still blocked but it's blocked very low. So if I ever got a reversal I had a very good chance of getting pregnant. My question is can I still get pregnant with a barely blocked tube an tube that is not there? Is it cheaper to have a reversal done since I only have one tube? At the time I tied my tubes I was a single mother thinking I would never get married. I have now been married 5 years to an amazing man who has no kids. Any suggestions or advice?!

Anonymous

FREE REPORT - 10 Ever Day Mistakes That Stop Your Pregnancy…http://www.fightyourinfertility.com/trying-to-get-pregnant-check-list

Anonymous

I had my first ectopic in '06 with my tube rupturing and being removed (right side). I had a normal pregnancy in '09...then a miscarrige in '11...then another ectopic on the right side again (with no tube!!! ) before having another normal pregnancy in '12. I know my situation is different having one functioning tube...but I did somehow have a second ectopic on the right that was confirmed by two different teams at two different hospitals because they couldnt believe it wither. Im not sure it could be viable but it IS possible!

Anonymous

I think anything is possible, and our bodies truly are magical machines. I have also had 2 ectopic pregnancies which resulted in losing both my tubes. First ectopic ruptured August 2012. I had about 3 chemical pregnancies and 3 miscarriages before my ectopic ruptured this last Friday. Of coarse our doctor tells us our only option now is IVF. We truly believe we are meant to have a child of our own and this has been so heartbreaking as my husband makes about 40.00 a month too much to qualify me for any medical assistance. Basically we are giving up on the American Medical Association. We are now planning to try IVF in Mexico. Much cheaper, and they are much less money oriented, with the same level of education and modern technologies offered in America. My advice, don't listen to American doctors before listening to your intuition. They are literally thinking about their wallet before your true health. Had I known this years ago I could have began healing my body of endometriosis on my own with Gersen therapy and this would never have happened. Doc's here only care about surgery, pharmaceuticals, and whatever else puts money in their pockets and keeps you coming back for more. Trust me. We all have the power to heal ourselves. If it is too late for you, like it is for me. Make plans for a vaca in Cancun and check their ivf clinic. Seriously, $400.00 on average compared to $12,000.00 on average in US. Thumbs down AMA

I to am looking to do IVF. Can you please talk more about where in Mexico you are having this done?
Thank you

Anonymous

Here is my story. I had my first ectopic pregnancy in Dec'12 , ended up with losing one of my tubes.Feb'13 chemical pregnancy..Oct'13 another ectopic pregnancy and lost my other tube.In all cases I suffered heavily from both physical, and even worse, emotional pain.Now this week I will start with IVF, though I'm still hoping and want to believe that there is a chance of natural pregnancy.Not because I would stop with the IVF process, but just would feel more confident & complete. I don't know how many times I googled this topic and searched for those miracle stories . And when I found one , it made me really happy..So ladies may be you don't believe it but at least don't destroy the hopes of the others.. Wish you all a very happy 2014and hope all those of you can have a healthy little one soon;)) Monique

Hi! Good day i saw your story, i have the same case like yours.we can't afford ivf here in philippines. Me and my husband also hoping and have faith in God that there is a chance for me to have a child through natural way. Is it possible for us? Kindly answer me for us to have a chance to believe that will happen. Thank you so much

Anonymous

I had over heard a women in her 30's say she conceived a child with out fallopian tubes. I was younger and had no clue that I would personally suffer two ectopic pregnancies. after my second ectopic the doctor wanted me to take a pill to clear the pregnancy but I was so traumatized from the first ectopic I just wanted to get rid of the other tube and never go through another ectopic ever again after having my second tube removed. I was told I could possibly have another ectopic pregnancy. My menstrual cycles have been gory the past few months and last month I felt like I was having a miscarriage and I have had a few of those and know what those feel like but any ways it can not be healthy to put are bodies through such events to try to conceive but what we would do. I am proud to say I am a mother and I have conceived my child through IVF. Of course I would love another one but right know I feel if I can not afford a transfer then I can not afford another child. My best friend mom had 13 children two after tubes tied and one after they were snipped she also told me of a girl she knew whom got pregnant with one damaged tube but also miscarried.

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :