Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

By mrsbrathwaite

I had my fallopian tubes removed due to multiple etopic pregnancies. I still have my ovaries, so can I still get pregnant?

Anonymous

I'm 25 years old and recently got both my tubes taken out although they tryed to save my right one the next week they had to take the right one too my question is can you still have a period without any tubes?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I think you can still have a menstrual period after the removal of both fallopian tubes. Your surgeon is the best person to ask. As long as your uterus is intact, monthly periods will continue.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

If i have no tubes can i still have a baby

Despite the many comments posted on this original question, the answer is no. The only way that you, with no Fallopian tubes, can conceive is with in vitro fertilization (IVF).

Each Fallopian tube are very fine tubes that form a passage from the ovaries to the uterus. Each month, one ovary releases a mature egg (ovulation). The egg travels to the uterus through the Fallopian tube to the uterus, its final destination. During unprotected sexual intercourse, the egg is fertilized while in the Fallopian tube.

Without Fallopian tubes this cannot happen.

In vitro fertilization is your option. Basically, with IVF, the process of fertilization is done manually. The egg and sperm are combined in a laboratory dish. When this procedure is successful, the embryo is physically placed in the uterus.

Regards,

Maryann,
I respectively disagree with you. I have one ovary and no tubes and I got pregnant with my 4th child without IVF. The doctors cannot explain it, but it can and did happen to me.

Anonymous

A ruptured appendix destroyed the ovary on my right side and damaged the tube on my left side. The remains of the right ovary were removed during surgery. After trying for 2 years to get pregnant naturally the doctor has enrolled us for IVF. Due to fluid in the damaged tube leading to the remaining ovary I underwent a procedure to put clips on the tube. A week ago I was due to start medication for the IVF however my period did not arrive. I put it down to nerves - seemingly not uncommon. Yesterday I went to the assisted conception unit and after a scan and test they broke the news that I am 5 weeks pregnant! I don't know how but shows that you should never give up trying or hope!

Congrats BC i just found out today after laparoscopic two weeks ago that both of my tubes are blocked and would have to be unblocked for the 6th time....they tried during surgery but would work....

Wow! That is amazing news!!! Congrats and thank you for sharing!

Congrats,im goin through the same thing ,I have only one tube its damage and blockI would like to have a normal pregnancy can you tell me what you did to help you

Anonymous

Here is my story........ Sept 2003 I had my tubes tied. In April 2014 I had a eptopic pregnancy that ended with my left tube being removed. That only leaves me with one tube. The doctor told me that my right tube is still blocked but it's blocked very low. So if I ever got a reversal I had a very good chance of getting pregnant. My question is can I still get pregnant with a barely blocked tube an tube that is not there? Is it cheaper to have a reversal done since I only have one tube? At the time I tied my tubes I was a single mother thinking I would never get married. I have now been married 5 years to an amazing man who has no kids. Any suggestions or advice?!

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :