Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

I had my fallopian tubes removed due to multiple etopic pregnancies. I still have my ovaries, so can I still get pregnant?

Anonymous

I had an eptopic pregnancy in my left tube it ruptured so its been removed, then I gotten pregnant with my two kids. Five years ago I had another eptopic pregnancy and the Dr didn't remove it he cut it and removed the fetus ...I was wondering can I still get pregnant although its been 4 years since the pregnancy and haven't conceived yet.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You need to speak with your gynecologist, who knows if he reattached the fallopian tube once the fetus was removed or was the cut end cauterized or burned. He can best advise you if conceiving is possible.

Regards,

theo

Had an ectopic pregnancy in 2011, almost died at 7 weeks pregnant...they cut that tube and they said the other tube is blocked, is it a difficult procedure to unblock it? What's the best treatment? is it worth it to unblock it and try getting pregnant again or i should cut the other tube too and have ivf? cutting it sounds so drastic and final...i still hope that i could get pregnant naturally..

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to theo)

Hello theo,

You need to discuss this matter with your gynecologist. Your doctor knows the health of your remaining fallopian tube, your risk factors for a reversal procedure to unblock that tube, and your risk for another ectopic pregnancy.

Best regards,

Anonymous

I had to have surgery and my right fallopian tube was removed, I didn't know I was pregnant; however, my boyfriend and I had still been having un protective sex before the surgery and I was wondering is it possible I could be pregnant even after the surgery from my tube that is left?

Take it from someone who has been through this, you can definitely get pregnant again, and it can be ectopic again. I've had two pregnancies and both were ectopic. Both tubes have been removed. My husband and I are devastated.

Hello Alaya,

If your left fallopian tube is healthy and there is no blockage, you should still be able to get pregnant. But, only your doctor knows for sure, so that is the person to speak with.

Regards,

I see it's many anonymous, my name is Alaya by the way.

Anonymous

I had an ectopic pregnancy last year February that leads to the removal of my left tube, and the other tube is bilateral tubal occlusion. I have 2 kids already . But I need more, my doctor is suggesting ivf.pls I need advice

If you really want to have more children, then follow your doctor's recommendation for IVF.

For the benefit of all our readers, a bilateral tubal ligation (BTL) is a surgical procedure that involves blocking the fallopian tubes to prevent the ovum (egg) from being fertilized. It can be done by cutting, burning or removing sections of the fallopian tubes or by placing clips on each tube.

It is considered a permanent form of birth control, although in some cases it can be reversed. There can be damage to the tubes after reversal, so this decision should not be made quickly.

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :