Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

I had my fallopian tubes removed due to multiple etopic pregnancies. I still have my ovaries, so can I still get pregnant?

Anonymous

I think anything is possible, and our bodies truly are magical machines. I have also had 2 ectopic pregnancies which resulted in losing both my tubes. First ectopic ruptured August 2012. I had about 3 chemical pregnancies and 3 miscarriages before my ectopic ruptured this last Friday. Of coarse our doctor tells us our only option now is IVF. We truly believe we are meant to have a child of our own and this has been so heartbreaking as my husband makes about 40.00 a month too much to qualify me for any medical assistance. Basically we are giving up on the American Medical Association. We are now planning to try IVF in Mexico. Much cheaper, and they are much less money oriented, with the same level of education and modern technologies offered in America. My advice, don't listen to American doctors before listening to your intuition. They are literally thinking about their wallet before your true health. Had I known this years ago I could have began healing my body of endometriosis on my own with Gersen therapy and this would never have happened. Doc's here only care about surgery, pharmaceuticals, and whatever else puts money in their pockets and keeps you coming back for more. Trust me. We all have the power to heal ourselves. If it is too late for you, like it is for me. Make plans for a vaca in Cancun and check their ivf clinic. Seriously, $400.00 on average compared to $12,000.00 on average in US. Thumbs down AMA

Anonymous

Here is my story. I had my first ectopic pregnancy in Dec'12 , ended up with losing one of my tubes.Feb'13 chemical pregnancy..Oct'13 another ectopic pregnancy and lost my other tube.In all cases I suffered heavily from both physical, and even worse, emotional pain.Now this week I will start with IVF, though I'm still hoping and want to believe that there is a chance of natural pregnancy.Not because I would stop with the IVF process, but just would feel more confident & complete. I don't know how many times I googled this topic and searched for those miracle stories . And when I found one , it made me really happy..So ladies may be you don't believe it but at least don't destroy the hopes of the others.. Wish you all a very happy 2014and hope all those of you can have a healthy little one soon;)) Monique

Anonymous

I had over heard a women in her 30's say she conceived a child with out fallopian tubes. I was younger and had no clue that I would personally suffer two ectopic pregnancies. after my second ectopic the doctor wanted me to take a pill to clear the pregnancy but I was so traumatized from the first ectopic I just wanted to get rid of the other tube and never go through another ectopic ever again after having my second tube removed. I was told I could possibly have another ectopic pregnancy. My menstrual cycles have been gory the past few months and last month I felt like I was having a miscarriage and I have had a few of those and know what those feel like but any ways it can not be healthy to put are bodies through such events to try to conceive but what we would do. I am proud to say I am a mother and I have conceived my child through IVF. Of course I would love another one but right know I feel if I can not afford a transfer then I can not afford another child. My best friend mom had 13 children two after tubes tied and one after they were snipped she also told me of a girl she knew whom got pregnant with one damaged tube but also miscarried.

Anonymous

Actually, there have been reported pregnancies of this nature (very few, but if it happened even once, it can happen again). If you want professional case reports, then you must search with appropriate medical terms. Try searching...pregnancy or pregnant after bilateral salpingectomty. Furthermore, if you search ectopic survivals, you will even find a baby that developed to 36 weeks in her mother's OVARY and survived! There are many amazing pregnancy stories. That said, anyone would be silly to believe just because it's happened a few times in the entire world that it would be likely to happen to them. You'd be much better off getting a second part time job and saving up slowly for ivf. OR looking into foster parenting, which can lead to adoption. I don't agree at all with people calling these women liars who have posted. They could be unique cases, their doctor could've screwed up the surgery, or they could be confusing a tubal salpingectomy with a tubal ligation. But don't call people you don't know liars please.

Anonymous

I had an ectopic pregnancy on my right side, of which I had a section of my fallopian tube removed where it had ruptured. I have recently fallen pregnant and it showed on my ultrasound that it was the right ovary which was the one that was in use. I do not completely understand how it is that the baby could make it to the right ovary without my fallopian tube being in full tact. I was in fact researching how it could of occurred when I came across this page. I felt obligated to share my story as I hear these comments saying it is impossible. I don't believe that you should listen to the opinions of the crowd and be saddened by their lack of hope. Speak to an experienced professional. I will be going to see my doctor through the week with my ultrasound results where I can have it further explained to me and I will leave a follow up message for those interested. Sincerely, Michelle.

Anonymous

Giving false stories. Who would take the time out to write a big lie. I lost both my tubes and have longed for a child...Might be free speech- but it's still ALL LIES!! Quit giving women the idea that they can have babies without tubes. Give some Doctor's Names & put up some Ultrasounds...Yea, that's what I thought. Stupid people

Actually, speaking grim experience where I have had 2 ectopic pregnancies that have resulted in both Fallopian tubes being ruptured, there is a 5%-7% chance of becoming pregnant naturally. It all depends on the woman, however it would not be safe as the fertilized egg may not flow down the Fallopian tub properly and could either be outside of the uterus and outside the tubes or implant itself in the Fallopian tube again.

I agree with you, it's terrible what people are saying on here!

Anonymous

This site should be closed down!

Anonymous

Why would anyone be so hurtful and nasty? There is not a chance on earth of becoming pregnant naturally with no tubes! I myself have none and it kills me every day

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :