Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

By mrsbrathwaite

I had my fallopian tubes removed due to multiple etopic pregnancies. I still have my ovaries, so can I still get pregnant?

Anonymous

I had my left tube removed due to a eptopic pregnancy. I still have my right tube.. the obgy that did surgery said the clamp is very low on and could very well fall off, no signs of scar tissue either. My question is.... is it cheaper to have a reversal with only one tube to remove the clamp?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Interesting question - thank you! 

Each doctor and hospital will have different cost levels for this kind of gynecological surgery. Your best bet is to ask your doctor about the finances regarding each procedure and then discuss the risks and benefits of both. 

From my research, a reversal can cost up to $5000 including anesthesia and hospital costs but of course, it may be cheaper or more depending on your doctor and where you live. Weight up the pros and cons with your doctor.

Unfortunately this may not be covered by your insurance but your corrective surgery for the clamp may be covered. Ask your insurance company. 

Will you keep us posted?

Anonymous

If u have eggs can u take them out and get them inseminated so you can have a baby

Abeyote Badie

Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Abeyote Badie)

Hi Abeyote

Unfortunately, you cannot get pregnant naturally without Fallopian tubes.  While there are many testimonies on line about pregnancies without tubes, it's not biologically possible.

But you can still get pregnant - it will have to be done via IVF. 

Abeyote Badie (reply to Susan Cody)

Thank you suzan!!!!

Anonymous

hello!
i have n't both of Fallopian tube cause of ectopic pregnancy. and i have no children . how do i get pregnant?

Anonymous

I had my tubes tied May 13' & went 8/29/14 for a reversal. In my consultation to see if I was a candidate, my doctor assured me, based off of pathology & operative notes, that he left more than enough and the reversal would be successful. I was only under for about 45mins before he broke the bad news to my husband that surgery was unsuccessful. The doctor stated there was nothing too reconnect, that in the past year my tubes have basically drawn up inside of me. We go 9/30 to discuss our other options...what IVF? My tubes are still there, just not visible, is it not possible to extract them and finish the reversal?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I can appreciate how disappointed you and your husband must be that the tubal ligation reversal was unsuccessful.

I am no expert in the field of the reproductive system, but don't think what you are asking is possible or ever done.

The Fallopian tubes begin as a very narrow tube at the uterus and gradually widens as it extends towards the ovary. Each is about 4 inches (10 centimeters) long.

Of course, your gynecologist is the best person to answer any of your questions regarding the potential of any further reversal attempts.

Regards,

Anonymous

I'm 25 years old and recently got both my tubes taken out although they tryed to save my right one the next week they had to take the right one too my question is can you still have a period without any tubes?

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :