Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

By mrsbrathwaite

I had my fallopian tubes removed due to multiple etopic pregnancies. I still have my ovaries, so can I still get pregnant?

Anonymous

Ive got two questions really, my first one is are there any health risk to the mother or baby involved if you do become pregnant within the 3 month recommened wait period after having a fallopian tube removed due to an eptopic pregnancy? Also, ive been trying to do research and all I can find is a decreased sex drive after tubal removal but is it possible for it to increase your sex drive. During and after my first pregnancy it would hurt to have sex as if he was hitting something in there and also it led to an extreme lower sex drive now after the eptopic I feel more in the mood, but still to soon to tell if the slight deep pain is because of surgery or the same pain as before...any idea sorry if all this was tmi! Thank you

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for your question.

If your physician advised you to wait at least three months before trying to conceive, there must be a good reason and you should consult him or her on that.

Your chances of having a successful pregnancy will depend on the underlying health of your remaining fallopian tube. In general, 65% of women achieve a successful pregnancy 18 months after having an ectopic pregnancy.

Your physician knows the health of your remaining fallopian tube and your risk factors for another ectopic pregnancy, if there are any.

I can only surmise grieving and discomfort as reasons for a decreased sex drive. Loss of a pregnancy can be devastating for some women.

Consult your gynecologist regarding the pain you continue to experience.

Regards,

Anonymous

I have partial fallopian tube can i still get pregnant and is it possible to havr an etopic pregnancy

Thank you for your question.

You mention having a partial Fallopian tube. Have you been diagnosed with partial tubal atresia, which is rare. There is an absence or abnormal narrowing of the Fallopian tube, usually at the mid portion. It can occur in one or both Fallopian tubes.

Also, inflammation and infection can cause partial occlusion of a Fallopian tube. There is a risk for an ectopic pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

just a question i have had my tubes clamped 8 years ago , i was wondering because i still have everything , can i fall pregnant by ivf . my husband and i would like to have a baby ....

Thank you for your question.

Clamping the Fallopian tubes is called the occlusive method of tubal ligation. Either a Falope ring or a Hulka clip are used to block the fallopian tubes. The clamp is placed across a small segment of the fallopian tubes.

This method probably has the highest success rate for future reversal and pregnancy.

In your case, the tubal ligation can be reversed. During the procedure, Tte clips or ring will simply be removed during this relatively minor procedure.

For women in their twenties who have undergone this procedure the pregnancy rate is 87%. For women in their thirties, the success rate is 73% and for women age 40 or older, the pregnancy rate following the reversal of a tubal ligation using clamps is about 47%.

Anonymous, why are you considering IVF?

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

To give my husband and I a child of our own ! Because I didn't think my tubes can be reversed ! And if they can there's a possibility that it could be a tube baby , what would you say to do because k really want to give my husband a baby

Anonymous

Does each fallopian tube carry a certain gender??

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No, Anon, it's actually the sperm that decides the sex of a baby once implantation has occurred. 

Anonymous

I had my left tube removed due to a eptopic pregnancy. I still have my right tube.. the obgy that did surgery said the clamp is very low on and could very well fall off, no signs of scar tissue either. My question is.... is it cheaper to have a reversal with only one tube to remove the clamp?

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :

Did you know that your Internet Browser is out of date?

We're sorry to inform you that you're using a really old web browser and we are unable to support it anymore. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. -The EmpowHER Development Team

By closing this window, you acknowledge your experience on this website may be degraded

Close this window