ask: Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

I had my fallopian tubes removed due to multiple etopic pregnancies. I still have my ovaries, so can I still get pregnant?

Anonymous

Hello everyone...
dear doc , I have had 2 ectopics in the past (2005 & 2008)...I live in a country where good doctors are rare and I personally haven't had good experiences ...unfortunately I do not know whether my tubes were completely removed ...is there any way of finding out and if they were removed than is there anything like a fallopian tube replacement surgery. ..I do not want to do IVF. ..awaiting ur advise.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You need to have an examination to see if you have tubes. If you don't, you cannot get pregnant naturally - you need IVF. 

Please see a doctor so that you know where you stand.

Thank u Susan ...what is the name of that particular test and as I asked is there any fallopian tube repair surgery or something ?

You can have your fallopian tubes looked at via a test called a hysterosalpingogram. 

Unfortunately at the moment there is no way to transplant fallopian tubes - if they are gone, then it's permanent. 

But if your tubes are tied, it's possible to have surgery to untie them although there are no guarantees that you can get pregnant afterwards but you certainly have the possibility! 

Anonymous

I had a ectopic that resulted in removal of my left tube in emergency surgery and was pregnant again in 3 months and started with 2 embryo's. (one stopped deveolping) Gave birth to my second son no issues.

Anonymous

I was wondering if I could be pregnant if my both fallopian tubes removed there is a chances of getting pregnant? I had my tube removed 2013.I was meant to come on my period (which is always on time) about 1month ago. I have taken two pregnancy test but these are coming up as negative. What puzzles me is why am I having pregnancy symptoms likes spotting,nausea,lower Back pain,Missed period,abdominal pain in my stomach,Blurred vision or Headache,Cravings and Sensitive smell.
Can I still get pregnant?

Without tubes you need to look into IVF. Talk to your doctor about your options!

Anonymous

Well I had 2 ectopic pregnancies. .no tubes. Dr didn't take but part of the baby the last time. .I was almost dead. .I was 21 and 23 ..now I'm 49..there isnt a day I don't think about my 2 boys

Anonymous

i have had 3 eptopics, oct 2011 took just fetus away from left tube, oct 2014 left over tube and ovary, march 2015 the right tube. now thinking about having ivf. so sorry for everyones loss i know how difficult it is.

EmpowHER is very sorry for your loss, Anon. 

We will keep you in our thoughts.

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :