ask: Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

By mrsbrathwaite September 17, 2008 - 12:51pm

I had my fallopian tubes removed due to multiple etopic pregnancies. I still have my ovaries, so can I still get pregnant?

Hi my name is b.... I got both my tubes cut tied and burned, they took 4 inchs out. My ? Is can I still get pregnant without invetro?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi b,

I don't see how you can become pregnant without invitro fertilization. A tubal ligation is done when a woman no longer wants to become pregnant. Cutting, tying and burning the ends of the Fallopian tubes make reversal difficult if not impossible.

My friend had both of her tubes removed she couldn't afford ivf she said she went online and ordered a self insemination kit followed the directions inserted the sperm directly into her ovaries herself and she conceived and she said it only cost $ 80 i was wondering is that even possible because she now has a 2 year old!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No, this is not possible. Either she is making this story up or you are.

I desperately wanted kids. I have had to ectopic pregnancies. One in '04 and another in '10 with a tube being removed each time. Devastation doesn't even begin to describe the hurt especially when you see your other siblings having beautiful children. The doctor told me I wouldn't be able to conceive now. I would really like to do IVF but we can't afford it.

I'm sorry you're going through this.

Is adoption possible for you?

Cvs And walgreens have what is called "the stork OTC" it replaces the in vitro and it's non prescription any more hence the acronym otc. It costs about $79 and can be done in the privacy of your home. It works just like in vitro and is a whole lot cheaper. GOD bless you

This product is a glorified turkey baster and in no way, shape or form replaces in vitro for infertile couples. It does NOT treat infertility. Please do not hawk this product as a replacement for in-vitro to our readers.

At a very young age I had to get my tubes removed. I was actually overjoyed that i was with child until i was told that it was an etopic pregnancy. I was informed by my OB/GYN that it is very possible to conceive i would just have to go through the IVF process which is very expensive. I pray that each and everyone of you ladies find some strength as i know this issue can take a toll on us.

Hello unfortunately I've had both of my tubes removed due to ovarian cysts. Now I only have one Ovary but soooooo badly want more children! Does anyone no If synthetic tubes or in vitro fertilization would be an option for me? if so what does it usually cost and which one is a better more cost effecient option Out of the two?

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :