ask: Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

I had my fallopian tubes removed due to multiple etopic pregnancies. I still have my ovaries, so can I still get pregnant?

Anonymous

Hello unfortunately I've had both of my tubes removed due to ovarian cysts. Now I only have one Ovary but soooooo badly want more children! Does anyone no If synthetic tubes or in vitro fertilization would be an option for me? if so what does it usually cost and which one is a better more cost effecient option Out of the two?

Hi! I had both my tubes removed and went through IVF. Both my tubes were blocked. Docs gave me a greater chance at pregnancy with them removed and going through IVF. I now have two beautiful 8-month old twin boys! Was married for 14 years and we finally have our family. It cost us about 17k. It's expensive but they are worth every penny. We got pregnant on our first try as nothing else was wrong with me but blocked tubes. We still have one frozen embryo. I am now 35 and hubby 36. Good luck!!!!

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Consider scheduling a consultation with an infertility specialist.

On average, IVF cost of a basic IVF cycle in the U.S ranges from about $12,000 - $15,000. Although some insurance companies cover IVF, often they don't.

Currently, artificial Fallopian tubes are in the experimental stage of research conducted on rabbits.

Regards,

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hi, I'm 31 married with 3 beautiful children!!!
I'm curious and kind of scared at the same time. I've had 3 pregnancies and they all were the same; finding out by missing my period, no morning sickness, eating what I wanted, and getting the best treatment EVER!!! After my 3rd pregnancy my tubes were tied, but months after, a huge cyst was found on my left ovary that had connected itself to my left fallopian tube. I ended up needing to get them both removed. Now I'm left with one ovary and one fallopian tube. Now my question is: What did they do to my right tube, that was previously tied to my left??? Did they tie it in a knot? LOL. I'm curious as to if I can still get pregnant. Now to the real issue...... my cycle has always been regular, always came when it was suppose to, maybe a day or 2 early but nothing more. I'm concerned......I started bleeding a week before my cycle is scheduled to come on. It started out light....needing only a panty liner, but now it's heavy like my normal cycle. NOTHING like this has EVER happened before. Reading all these different facts about implantation bleeding, could this be happening to me? Could I be pregnant? Is that even possible for me anymore? I've already had a negative HPT, but reading all the facts, with implantation bleeding, a negative result is common. What to do? Please help......

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You should check with your medical records as to what exactly was done.

Pregnancy with one tube that is already tied would be very rare but it's not impossible, I'm sure.

Regular people are only regular until they are not. Women have have a period every 28 days for a decade only to find it's now a couple of days before or after. Nothing is wrong, it's just how the body works - the body does not say that same through the entire fertile life of a woman.

Your test is confirmation that you are not pregnant. Starting out light and then getting heavy is a normal period. Implantation bleeding is a few drops over a few days.

Anonymous

Hello everyone...
dear doc , I have had 2 ectopics in the past (2005 & 2008)...I live in a country where good doctors are rare and I personally haven't had good experiences ...unfortunately I do not know whether my tubes were completely removed ...is there any way of finding out and if they were removed than is there anything like a fallopian tube replacement surgery. ..I do not want to do IVF. ..awaiting ur advise.

You need to have an examination to see if you have tubes. If you don't, you cannot get pregnant naturally - you need IVF. 

Please see a doctor so that you know where you stand.

Thank u Susan ...what is the name of that particular test and as I asked is there any fallopian tube repair surgery or something ?

You can have your fallopian tubes looked at via a test called a hysterosalpingogram. 

Unfortunately at the moment there is no way to transplant fallopian tubes - if they are gone, then it's permanent. 

But if your tubes are tied, it's possible to have surgery to untie them although there are no guarantees that you can get pregnant afterwards but you certainly have the possibility! 

Not true at all, you can have synthetic tubes. Cost in Canada approx 13,000.

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :