Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

By mrsbrathwaite

I had my fallopian tubes removed due to multiple etopic pregnancies. I still have my ovaries, so can I still get pregnant?

Anonymous

I had my falkopian tubes removed at a young age and now i have symptoms of being pregnant. In 26, went to er and urine pregnancy test was negative. Coukd i still be pregnant and not know it

Dorothy Johnson (reply to Anonymous)

Honey if god want you to have a child you dont need no tubes with god all things can happen if he say no baby you can have everything it takes to conceive a child and you will not. I too had my tubes removed due to two extoped pregnancy I wanted kids more then anything on earth and s till do. I'm soon to be 60 in June of this year and I still dreams I have giving birth to a baby so I always heard ask and you will receive but I have beg to have one health baby I have not yet. Now look at women having kids and killing them well sister I'm trying to keep the faith see I want to give birth to my child I dont want another woman child I want to feel what it feel like to carry a baby and all see what I mean so if a child is what you to have and I mean your own child pray for it one day it may happen.

Anonymous

Hi I'm so worried I don't know how to tell my man that my tubes were removed due to two ectopics. He really want us to have a child of our own but its hard for me to tell him that I can only do a child via ivf. I really need some advise how to tell him

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Honesty is the best policy. 

None of this is your fault, it's a medical issue you had. You are worth FAR more than your reproductive capabilities. You are a decent human being with so much to offer. IVF or adoption are great options. If he loves you, he'll know that your fallopian tubes are not what makes you the woman you are. 

Tell him - be honest and practical. He should be there to support and comfort you. 

Anonymous

hi im new to this site... will tel u my story last june 5 was done my hsg saying that my right tube was blocked(no spill) and my left tube is ok after 2months bcome prego but had early mc and my ob told me that it was chemical pregnancy and advised me to wait for 1cycle bfore trying again den after 2mos again that was october i bcome preggo but unfortunately was diagnosed with Viable Left Tubal pregnancy w/heartbeat oct 25 my ob do the lap and removed my left tube i was so devasdated and cried too much bcoz i know that there's no way for me to have a natural pregnancy coz my right tube is blocked but my ob told me that she visualized on lap that my right tube look healthy and advise me to try to concieve after 3months... I'am so confused wich one has an accurate result the hsg or lap? is she give me a false hope? is lap can visualized if your tube are blocked without dying it? please help me so really confused...

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Welcome to the EmpowHER community. I can appreciate how confusing this must be.

I am no expert on this matter. However, I can tell you that the hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is an X-ray test that looks at the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them. With a gynecologic laparoscopy, dye may be injected into your cervix area so the surgeon can view your fallopian tubes.

I can only suggest getting the opinion of a second gynecologist/obstetrician.

Regards,

Anonymous

Question: I have had 3 ectopic (tubal ) pregnancies for three. Consecutive years. The first one was my left tube, the second was my right tube the third was my right tube and I was told that they removed my both tubes. Before the 3rd pregnancy I did an hsg and was told that it was successful but I still ended in that mess. I've never had any infections or stds so my Dr suggested for me to do an ivf. Is there any other option for me at all.

I had the same exact issue. I just keep hoping that my husband and I will be fortunate enough to beat the odds. I have heard spotty stories about people still having healthy pregnancies. There is a way your tube does not close after they remove it and a fertilized egg can still find its way, VERY rare, but can happen. My doctors said they have delivered healthy babies they just thought I had too much damage to be one of those. Don't give up hope and there will always be IVF!

I do not think you have any other option but in vitro fertilization. You have a history of three ectopic pregnancies and removal of both fallopian tubes.

Regards,

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :