Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

By mrsbrathwaite September 17, 2008 - 12:51pm

I had my fallopian tubes removed due to multiple etopic pregnancies. I still have my ovaries, so can I still get pregnant?

Anonymous

I want to know if I can still get pregnant with one tube and one ovary I have my right tube and ovary removed

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Yes, pregnancy is possible. It may take a little longer but it's possible!

Anonymous

Hi. Last year 2015 i experience ectopic pregnany and right tubal removal. And i got pregnant exactly one year this jan 2016 . And it fertilize still in my right ovary... dont lose hope you can still have yours im almost 4 months pregnant now

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

It's important for our readers to know that you got pregnant naturally as you still have one tube, rather than no tubes at all.

We wish you a safe and healthy delivery!

Did anyone manage to get pregnant and actually give birth without both tubes???

Anonymous

I had two ectopics a year apart and lost both tubes with each. Ivf was our only option , yes there is a minuscule chance that the egg could burrow into the uterus but with all the scar tissue it's highly unlikely. We went to prague for the 2nd round of IVF and it was a success. We have a beautiful daughter a year old snoring away beside me here. Never give up.

Anonymous

I had my tubes removed this past year in September 2015, but I been feeling nauseous every morning for the past week and half....I'm worried because I got told I wouldn't be able to have anymore kids with this surgery since I didn't want anymore...I have had five pregnancies already and my last one didn't go so well since my Lil guy came out with a lot of problems and passed away in October 2015.....he was my main reason I didn't want no more since my labor was really bad.....please help with info I'm late, nauseous and I don't know what to do

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I am truly sorry to hear what you have gone through and can appreciate how you must be feeling.

How late? If your period is late by at least seven days, start by taking a home pregnancy test. Test in the morning by using the first urine of the day.

Depending on the results, contact your gynecologist. Please keep in touch.

Regards,

Anonymous

In 2013 i had an etopic pregnancy which resulted in having my right tube removed the doctor told us our chances of conceiving were 50/50... in march of 2015 we found out we were expecting... in november 2015 i delivered a healthy baby girl we did not go through ivf or any fertility assistance... hope this helps

Hi Her, I had as well my right tube removed but till now we are trying. May I know your age, I am 38 and feeling sad..
Did you take some folic acid?