ask: Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

Anonymous

i have had 3 eptopics, oct 2011 took just fetus away from left tube, oct 2014 left over tube and ovary, march 2015 the right tube. now thinking about having ivf. so sorry for everyones loss i know how difficult it is.

Anonymous

My Fallopian tubes cut for my medical problem .So I need to know how I can become pregnant & my chances of becoming pregnancy.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your gynecologist is the best person to answer your questions because he or she knows your medical history.

Generally, a woman who has had both Fallopian tubes cut cannot conceive without in vitro fertilization.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Actually this is false what you have said. Ive had both fallopian tubes removed twice and still got pregnant and gave birth to healthy babies. It depends on you body reconstruction. Some woman do reconstruct fallopian tubes after so many years. Also there are woman who do not but no you do not need fallopian tubes to conceive. The eggs can still manage to fall into place. This is what they call miracles. And i have beautiful miracles i was not prepared for.

Anonymous

If you had both tubes completly removed, not tied or burned etc but taken out, you can not get pregnant! I just had this procedure when i had my csection. You still have overies and periods but no tubes to carry the eggs. My ob told my this was 100Percent effective and my Husband and i had to be sure we never wanted more kids . you just have to be sure they were Removed,it is a fairly newer procedure.

Anonymous

I had an eptopic pregnancy in my left tube it ruptured so its been removed, then I gotten pregnant with my two kids. Five years ago I had another eptopic pregnancy and the Dr didn't remove it he cut it and removed the fetus ...I was wondering can I still get pregnant although its been 4 years since the pregnancy and haven't conceived yet.

You need to speak with your gynecologist, who knows if he reattached the fallopian tube once the fetus was removed or was the cut end cauterized or burned. He can best advise you if conceiving is possible.

Regards,

theo

Had an ectopic pregnancy in 2011, almost died at 7 weeks pregnant...they cut that tube and they said the other tube is blocked, is it a difficult procedure to unblock it? What's the best treatment? is it worth it to unblock it and try getting pregnant again or i should cut the other tube too and have ivf? cutting it sounds so drastic and final...i still hope that i could get pregnant naturally..

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to theo)

Hello theo,

You need to discuss this matter with your gynecologist. Your doctor knows the health of your remaining fallopian tube, your risk factors for a reversal procedure to unblock that tube, and your risk for another ectopic pregnancy.

Best regards,

Anonymous

I had to have surgery and my right fallopian tube was removed, I didn't know I was pregnant; however, my boyfriend and I had still been having un protective sex before the surgery and I was wondering is it possible I could be pregnant even after the surgery from my tube that is left?

Pregnancy Guide

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :