Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

By mrsbrathwaite

I had my fallopian tubes removed due to multiple etopic pregnancies. I still have my ovaries, so can I still get pregnant?

Anonymous

I'm 25 years old and recently got both my tubes taken out although they tryed to save my right one the next week they had to take the right one too my question is can you still have a period without any tubes?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I think you can still have a menstrual period after the removal of both fallopian tubes. Your surgeon is the best person to ask. As long as your uterus is intact, monthly periods will continue.

Regards,

Anonymous

A ruptured appendix destroyed the ovary on my right side and damaged the tube on my left side. The remains of the right ovary were removed during surgery. After trying for 2 years to get pregnant naturally the doctor has enrolled us for IVF. Due to fluid in the damaged tube leading to the remaining ovary I underwent a procedure to put clips on the tube. A week ago I was due to start medication for the IVF however my period did not arrive. I put it down to nerves - seemingly not uncommon. Yesterday I went to the assisted conception unit and after a scan and test they broke the news that I am 5 weeks pregnant! I don't know how but shows that you should never give up trying or hope!

Congrats BC i just found out today after laparoscopic two weeks ago that both of my tubes are blocked and would have to be unblocked for the 6th time....they tried during surgery but would work....

Wow! That is amazing news!!! Congrats and thank you for sharing!

Congrats,im goin through the same thing ,I have only one tube its damage and blockI would like to have a normal pregnancy can you tell me what you did to help you

Anonymous

Here is my story........ Sept 2003 I had my tubes tied. In April 2014 I had a eptopic pregnancy that ended with my left tube being removed. That only leaves me with one tube. The doctor told me that my right tube is still blocked but it's blocked very low. So if I ever got a reversal I had a very good chance of getting pregnant. My question is can I still get pregnant with a barely blocked tube an tube that is not there? Is it cheaper to have a reversal done since I only have one tube? At the time I tied my tubes I was a single mother thinking I would never get married. I have now been married 5 years to an amazing man who has no kids. Any suggestions or advice?!

Anonymous

FREE REPORT - 10 Ever Day Mistakes That Stop Your Pregnancy…http://www.fightyourinfertility.com/trying-to-get-pregnant-check-list

Anonymous

I had my first ectopic in '06 with my tube rupturing and being removed (right side). I had a normal pregnancy in '09...then a miscarrige in '11...then another ectopic on the right side again (with no tube!!! ) before having another normal pregnancy in '12. I know my situation is different having one functioning tube...but I did somehow have a second ectopic on the right that was confirmed by two different teams at two different hospitals because they couldnt believe it wither. Im not sure it could be viable but it IS possible!

Anonymous

I think anything is possible, and our bodies truly are magical machines. I have also had 2 ectopic pregnancies which resulted in losing both my tubes. First ectopic ruptured August 2012. I had about 3 chemical pregnancies and 3 miscarriages before my ectopic ruptured this last Friday. Of coarse our doctor tells us our only option now is IVF. We truly believe we are meant to have a child of our own and this has been so heartbreaking as my husband makes about 40.00 a month too much to qualify me for any medical assistance. Basically we are giving up on the American Medical Association. We are now planning to try IVF in Mexico. Much cheaper, and they are much less money oriented, with the same level of education and modern technologies offered in America. My advice, don't listen to American doctors before listening to your intuition. They are literally thinking about their wallet before your true health. Had I known this years ago I could have began healing my body of endometriosis on my own with Gersen therapy and this would never have happened. Doc's here only care about surgery, pharmaceuticals, and whatever else puts money in their pockets and keeps you coming back for more. Trust me. We all have the power to heal ourselves. If it is too late for you, like it is for me. Make plans for a vaca in Cancun and check their ivf clinic. Seriously, $400.00 on average compared to $12,000.00 on average in US. Thumbs down AMA

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :