Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

By mrsbrathwaite

I had my fallopian tubes removed due to multiple etopic pregnancies. I still have my ovaries, so can I still get pregnant?

Anonymous

My 14 y/o daughter had to have 1 tube removed because of a cyst. The Dr. left both ovaries. I didn't understand why she would leave the ovary w/o a tube. She explained that my daughter can still use the eggs from the ovary with out a tube. I said "Naturally?" And the Dr said yes. She was about to draw a diaphragm of how it could work but I said its ok no bother. I should've let her explain because I'm still baffled at how she can still use both ovaries naturally. This is why I'm on this site. We have an appointment in June and I'll have her explain then.

Bongiwe

Hi Ladies My name is Bongiwe I have been married for 4 years now and I tried to get preg but nothing happened and I went to a gyno and he told me that my fallopian tubes are blocked and I must do a surgery im so scared people but I also want a baby so bad. and it seems that everyone who is around they get pregnant all the time and im so hurt by this please help.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Bongiwe)

Hello Bongiwe,

I can appreciate your desire to become pregnant and your concern about the surgery suggested by your doctor.

The decision is yours. Be certain you understand what is suggested. Do not be afraid to ask questions and to have your doctor repeat an answer if you do not fully understand.

This surgery may be your chance to conceive a child. I will be thinking positive thoughts for you.

Regards,

Anonymous

My sister has been removed the last tube she had and was advised to go through the invitro fertilization and my question is, will her uterus carry the baby for the full term as she had two ectopic pregnancies??

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There is no risk for an ectopic pregnancy again because she had both fallopian tubes removed. The viability of carrying the pregnancy to term can best be determined by her gynecologist, who knows her medical history.

Regards,

Anonymous

I had my fallopian tubes removed at a young age and now I have symptoms of being pregnant. In 26, went to er and urine pregnancy test was negative. Could I still be pregnant and not know it?

If your fallopian tubes were removed there is no change that you could become pregnant, except through in vitro fertilization. The negative urine pregnancy test confirmed that you are not pregnant.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

No offense, but I got pregnant with my 4th with one ovary and no Fallopian tubes... I had my 3rd through in vitro bc we assumed we could not have any more. My doctor is baffled to this day but my daughter (as strange as it sounds) is living proof. So, as crazy as it sounds, I respectually disagree.

monique6996 (reply to Anonymous)

how did you get pregnate i wanna no i wanna baby i wanna make sure its true

hi my name is monique i had my fallopian tubes removed on feb.4th and i still have my uterus and a left ovary but i dont have my right ovary is it possible that i could be pregnant could you please explain to me how it happened to you because i want to know thank you so much i already have two children as well but i had to get my tubes taken out and my right ovary taken out because of the same problem that u had so i was wondering is it possible that i could get pregnant as well

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :