Q: 

Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

By September 17, 2008 - 12:51pm

I had my fallopian tubes removed due to multiple etopic pregnancies. I still have my ovaries, so can I still get pregnant?

Pls I need explanation pls, one of my tube is block that is what they told me, but can I still get pregnant? I need to know pls bcs am not with my self.

If my left tube is block can I still av a child?

Anonymous

I had my tubes & uterous removed... i still have my ovaries, can i get pregnant ?

No its not possible

Hello Anon

An unborn baby grows and develops in the uterus, therefore a woman without a uterus cannot get pregnant.

Anonymous

I had my second ectopic in dec. 2012 and I kept hoping a miracle would happen and following threads like this that might give me hope. It didn't. But I found a company this fall, Future Family, that makes it reasonable for anyone to embark on in vitro who really wants it and can afford a monthly payment. I am starting my stims on Tuesday and it has been a seamless and easy process so far. I know how much it hurts to want it and not get it, so good luck to those of you still optimistic about your options!

Anonymous

Can I get pregnant if I've had both fillopian tubes and uterous removed .?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No, I do not think it possible.

Anonymous

Conception occurs in the phallopian tube. The tubes are vital for the first two weeks of development. Sometime during week 3 to 4 the fertilized egg drops into the uterus & implantation occurs. The medical community agrees that the only way around this process is through IVF. In my case, both tubes were removed for medical reasons & the area where the phallopian tubes were attached to the uterus was cauterized. Seven years later, the cauterized area having healed, left a microscopic area opening where the phallopian tubes had once been attached. It seemed that a fertilized egg in what was belived to be the microscopic opening, subsequently dropped - attaching to the uterus. The end result was a live healthy full term baby girl. Physicians agreed this was indeed a rare occurrence & no conern for birth control was needed. Nineteen months later, I was readmitted to the same hospital where I gave birth to a live, healthy, full term baby boy. Sometime after the final birth, an unrelated event resulted in abdominal exploratory surgery confirming that the tubes had been removed years earlier, & showed evidence of previous cautherization which had healed, resulting in a microscopic opening where each phallopian tube had once existed. Interesting to note that the physician who performed the bilateral phallopian tube removal years earlier, upon being contacted by the attending obstetrician, stated that he had in fact removed both tubes & that the pregnancy confirmed that there is a 'Higher Authority' than medicine. He added, that the baby in utero was meant to be.

Was there a lengthy period of spotting involved when this happened? I spotted for 2 weeks then blood for three nothing for a week and I'm now spotting again I do not have Fallopian tubes but I have been praying for a miracle