Pregnancy Guide

ask: Can I still get pregnant without fallopian tubes?

I had my fallopian tubes removed due to multiple etopic pregnancies. I still have my ovaries, so can I still get pregnant?

Anonymous

I think anything is possible, and our bodies truly are magical machines. I have also had 2 ectopic pregnancies which resulted in losing both my tubes. First ectopic ruptured August 2012. I had about 3 chemical pregnancies and 3 miscarriages before my ectopic ruptured this last Friday. Of coarse our doctor tells us our only option now is IVF. We truly believe we are meant to have a child of our own and this has been so heartbreaking as my husband makes about 40.00 a month too much to qualify me for any medical assistance. Basically we are giving up on the American Medical Association. We are now planning to try IVF in Mexico. Much cheaper, and they are much less money oriented, with the same level of education and modern technologies offered in America. My advice, don't listen to American doctors before listening to your intuition. They are literally thinking about their wallet before your true health. Had I known this years ago I could have began healing my body of endometriosis on my own with Gersen therapy and this would never have happened. Doc's here only care about surgery, pharmaceuticals, and whatever else puts money in their pockets and keeps you coming back for more. Trust me. We all have the power to heal ourselves. If it is too late for you, like it is for me. Make plans for a vaca in Cancun and check their ivf clinic. Seriously, $400.00 on average compared to $12,000.00 on average in US. Thumbs down AMA

Anonymous

Here is my story. I had my first ectopic pregnancy in Dec'12 , ended up with losing one of my tubes.Feb'13 chemical pregnancy..Oct'13 another ectopic pregnancy and lost my other tube.In all cases I suffered heavily from both physical, and even worse, emotional pain.Now this week I will start with IVF, though I'm still hoping and want to believe that there is a chance of natural pregnancy.Not because I would stop with the IVF process, but just would feel more confident & complete. I don't know how many times I googled this topic and searched for those miracle stories . And when I found one , it made me really happy..So ladies may be you don't believe it but at least don't destroy the hopes of the others.. Wish you all a very happy 2014and hope all those of you can have a healthy little one soon;)) Monique

Anonymous

I had over heard a women in her 30's say she conceived a child with out fallopian tubes. I was younger and had no clue that I would personally suffer two ectopic pregnancies. after my second ectopic the doctor wanted me to take a pill to clear the pregnancy but I was so traumatized from the first ectopic I just wanted to get rid of the other tube and never go through another ectopic ever again after having my second tube removed. I was told I could possibly have another ectopic pregnancy. My menstrual cycles have been gory the past few months and last month I felt like I was having a miscarriage and I have had a few of those and know what those feel like but any ways it can not be healthy to put are bodies through such events to try to conceive but what we would do. I am proud to say I am a mother and I have conceived my child through IVF. Of course I would love another one but right know I feel if I can not afford a transfer then I can not afford another child. My best friend mom had 13 children two after tubes tied and one after they were snipped she also told me of a girl she knew whom got pregnant with one damaged tube but also miscarried.

Anonymous

Actually, there have been reported pregnancies of this nature (very few, but if it happened even once, it can happen again). If you want professional case reports, then you must search with appropriate medical terms. Try searching...pregnancy or pregnant after bilateral salpingectomty. Furthermore, if you search ectopic survivals, you will even find a baby that developed to 36 weeks in her mother's OVARY and survived! There are many amazing pregnancy stories. That said, anyone would be silly to believe just because it's happened a few times in the entire world that it would be likely to happen to them. You'd be much better off getting a second part time job and saving up slowly for ivf. OR looking into foster parenting, which can lead to adoption. I don't agree at all with people calling these women liars who have posted. They could be unique cases, their doctor could've screwed up the surgery, or they could be confusing a tubal salpingectomy with a tubal ligation. But don't call people you don't know liars please.

Anonymous

I had an ectopic pregnancy on my right side, of which I had a section of my fallopian tube removed where it had ruptured. I have recently fallen pregnant and it showed on my ultrasound that it was the right ovary which was the one that was in use. I do not completely understand how it is that the baby could make it to the right ovary without my fallopian tube being in full tact. I was in fact researching how it could of occurred when I came across this page. I felt obligated to share my story as I hear these comments saying it is impossible. I don't believe that you should listen to the opinions of the crowd and be saddened by their lack of hope. Speak to an experienced professional. I will be going to see my doctor through the week with my ultrasound results where I can have it further explained to me and I will leave a follow up message for those interested. Sincerely, Michelle.

Anonymous

Giving false stories. Who would take the time out to write a big lie. I lost both my tubes and have longed for a child...Might be free speech- but it's still ALL LIES!! Quit giving women the idea that they can have babies without tubes. Give some Doctor's Names & put up some Ultrasounds...Yea, that's what I thought. Stupid people

Actually, speaking grim experience where I have had 2 ectopic pregnancies that have resulted in both Fallopian tubes being ruptured, there is a 5%-7% chance of becoming pregnant naturally. It all depends on the woman, however it would not be safe as the fertilized egg may not flow down the Fallopian tub properly and could either be outside of the uterus and outside the tubes or implant itself in the Fallopian tube again.

I agree with you, it's terrible what people are saying on here!

Anonymous

This site should be closed down!

Anonymous

Why would anyone be so hurtful and nasty? There is not a chance on earth of becoming pregnant naturally with no tubes! I myself have none and it kills me every day

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I don't see anyone being "hurtful and nasty" on this thread. The fact that we tell people they cannot get pregnant without fallopian tubes and that people are saying the opposite is not hurtful or nasty. It is their opinion or their experience. Whether it is true or not, we don't know but we cannot censor others on what they say are their experiences.

Hi Susan, do you not think it's nasty that people are giving faulse hope to others by saying they have got pregnant naturally with no Fallopian tubes? I mean it's just not possible, I wish to god it was true!

esdotson (reply to Anonymous)

There's a woman in my church that had her 3rd child after losing both her tubes to medical issues. True story and highly unusual.

I wouldn't use the term "nasty". 

But I personally believe people are misguided. However, people are adamant that this is true and get offensive if you suggest otherwise. My advice has always been that nobody can get pregnant without a tube but people seem to disagree. I don't know anyone who has gotten pregnant  this way, nor does any doctor I know, but some people seem to be convinced.

People just have to make up their minds themselves and not pay attention to claims on the Internet. I've seen all sorts of claims on the Internet and ignore them. But it doesn't mean that we must remove them all. That's how free speech works. We just need to filter through the comments and do further research. As you can see below, all the claims are made by readers, not staff here at EmpowHER.

I am sorry you cannot get pregnant on your own. Have you thought about your other options?

I understand but I just get so frustrated reading these, I start to think well maybe it could happen then it hits home that infact it won't ever, ivf is not an option for me as I could never afford it, I was blessed with a daughter 17 years ago then went on to have 2 ectopic pregnancies the second one nearly took my life, I know I am lucky to have had a child but jst feel I was to young to have had my chances of another taken away from me. Kind regards D x

Anonymous

All lies!!!

Anonymous

Hello everyone it has been a while since I've been on this site so I decided to pop in to share my story..well IM a month and a half late for my period.I to have had both fallopian tubes removed and was told that I have 1%hance so will be back as soon as I can with results

Hi how are you? Can you tell me if the results of your test were positive? x

Anonymous

I posted my previous story about my tubes etc and undergoing surgery and I discovered just before Xmas I was pregnant again. I did go on to miss carry 10 days later but it was in the right place finally so our hopes are rising we will succeed. Good luck to all those trying x

Anonymous

Hello, I have no tubes and only my right ouvers, and its possible I can still get pregnant? I'm just worry that's all.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Without fallopian tubes, you cannot become pregnant unless you undergo in vitro fertilization. You need at least one fallopian tube to conceive naturally. The fallopian tubes carry the egg from the ovary to the uterus. This process is necessary for an egg to be fertilized by a sperm and implanted in the lining of the uterus.

Anonymous

I was one of the lucky ones who got pregnant without Fallopian tubes. However, I lost the baby as I had a missed miscarriage. I thought I was 15 weeks 4 days but it turned out the baby had died at 11Weeks 2 days. I was devastated. I just did a D&C

Anonymous

In 2010 8 and half years after having my tubes cut and burned, I found out I was 6 wks and 1 day pregnant. Unfortunately, it was carried in my tube. I was rushed from my hospital (which does not have an ob doctor) to Tulsa, ok for emergency sergery. I was 32, with three sons. My husband and I were done having children so we asked that both tubes be removed so we wouldn't have the chance of going through this again. I have pictures from the dr showing before and after my tubes were removed. My husband and I are not wealthy people, we work to pay our bills and support our boys. IVF has always been out of the question, even if we wanted to we couldn't afford it. 2 weeks ago I went to my obgyn and was told I am 8 wks pregnant. NO ONE should ever tell anyone that pregnancy is impossible, because its NOT!! At now 34 and my youngest being 10 this was the last thing I expected or wanted, but our miracle baby will be just as loved as our others. I'm not trying to give anyone false hope, but I'm not going to say it can't happen either because it does.

Anonymous

Well this is my story!!! It may help answer some of people's questions, unfortunately it may also raise some. I had 2 healthy pregnancies and 2 wonderful babies. I then went on to haves first ectopic which ruptured and had to be removed along with my left tube. I then went on to have my 3rd baby. I then had a late miscarriage followed by 2 more ectopics in my right tube. We tried really hard to save my right tube and treated them both with methotrexate. Last week I got called into theatre for a laparoscopy and die test to see how good my right tube was. The most we were hopeing for was a chance the surgeon could repair the tube in some way and have a hope even thou very small. I came out of theatre convinced at 29 I would never be able to conceive naturally again. And this is what happened!!!!!!!!
My surgeon went in and to his amazement my right tube was perfectly healthy no sign of any ectopics ever been there, althou he did find a slightly odd shaped ovary (they thought previously on ultrascans that this was 1 of the ectopic). Couriosity got the better of him so he had a look around. It turns out that when my left tube was removed it was only partialy removed and the bodies/natures pull was getting the eggs throu the void into my left tube and because of the damage already there causing ectopics. There was plenty of photographs to show me. So he off his own back opening himself up to be sued (i hadnt consented to the next bit) went with what he thought I would want and has put a titanium clip on what's left of my left tube making it impossible for me to conceive that side again. So infact I woke with 1 fully functioning healthy right tube. We are still 4 days after surgery still buzzing with excitement it's a better outcome than our wildest dreams could of hoped for. I hope this helps some people. :)

Anonymous

omg god plz help me.. im 30 yrs old i just had my lefted tube removed after being prego in it and also a normal one in my uterse.. plz i need help im going through something bad

Can you explain what is going on? Are you in pain?

Anonymous

Hello ladies. What an interesting forum topic! I actually have an interesting story...I had 5 children and my husband and I decided we were finished FOR SURE! I had a tubal ligation 8 weeks after the delivery of baby 5. The following July (9 months later) I became pregnant with a baby that I just delivered last March. In June, I went in to have both tubes removed. I have to tell you, despite what I've been told, I am very worried I will indeed get pregnant yet again! I was so worried, I did a google on "pregnancy without tubes" which is how I found this thread. Although I believe most stories on here are probably true, I have not found many verifiable stories. In medical journals, there is 2 documented cases in modern history- one lady in Africa who had her tubes tied twice (failed both times) then had her tubes removed(failed again) apparently she became so disheartened with these procedures the hospital never saw her again...lol. Also, a lady who did IVF and failed, but 2 months later conceived naturally (ending in an ectopic). So while the body can be amazing, obviously this is VERY, VERY rare! If it happens to me, I'll gladly come back and post about it! Good luck to all those who are ttc!

berri nonya13

I've been reading some of the questions on here n understand where a lot of you are coming from.
I found out about my infertility when I was 27 due to an STD my ex gave me,my Fallopian tubes were badly damaged/scar and the fertility doctor said I would need Ivf if I ever wanted to become pregnant. I am now 33 and really wanna become pregnant but it is very expensive and my insurance won't cover anything,not even my testing my fertility doctor said that I would have to get retested for everything again and my insurance wont cover a pre existing condition and testing would cost almost 5,000 dollars. I felt like my someone punched me in the stomach. I'm so depressed and constantly in tears. I just don't know what to do anymore, I'm not looking for pity or anything just some understanding all my friends don't understand where I'm coming from cause nearly all of them have kids..
I'm married to a good man but I don't feel like he understands what I go threw sometimes.
I try and tell myself that things wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have kids but deep down inside I I'm just lying to myself....

Anonymous (reply to berri nonya13)

I just wanted you to know that you are not alone....it's 1am, I have to work tomorrow and I'm up crying my eyes out. One ectopic pregnancy, Dr saved mytube...6 months later had hydrosalpinx in both tubes, had fimbrioplasty to correct tried for baby almost a year hydrosalpinx came back had to have both tubes removed. Cannot afford IVF I'm 37 so my chances are so low even if I could come up with the $.

Anonymous (reply to berri nonya13)

You really need to read "the infertility cure" by Randine Lewis. This book is miles cheaper than IVF and fascinating. It proves that Western Doctors don't know all there that there is to know on the subject of pregnancies. I guarantee this book will help you and how you are feeling. I'm really sorry you are do down, I promise this book will allow you to feel positive again. Wishing you luck x

As a registered nurse and one of the individuals who has commented on this thread, I am very interested in how pregnancy is possible without fallopian tubes, if invitro fertilization is not done.

Please educate us with the information that your gynecologist shared with you and your friend's experience.

Anonymous

I am trying to write on as many forums as I can, I'm extrememly annoyed at the constant rubbish people keep writeing about "you can't get pregnant without tubes" to all these ladies that have listened to unqualified medical staff giveing there incorrect advise out and breaking many womans hearts.
I am 24 and have. 3yr old but unfortunately I had a emergency c section and complications and 4 yrs on I have just lost twins to a eptopic pregnancy and had my right tube removed which relates back to the emergency c section scare tissue. I then become close to a great friend who suffered the same as me but lost both tubes 6 months ago, and thank the lord the "impossible" happened she is now 5weeks pregnant with no help and no tu bes.
I have done reserch and spoke to my own gyne doctor has confirmed it is very possible and not as rare as people think altho there's a higher risk of a abdominal eptopic its is VERY Much possible.
So for the unqualifies giveing out there stupid advise stop crushing peoples hopes and dreams when u clearly have no idea
Good luck to all

Ttc 3years
Lost twins to eptopic, removsl of right tube
Still ttc

I would love nothing more than have your wish of being pregnant come true.

What was your physician's thought when the ultrasound showed dye uptake in a portion of your right fallopian tube? Is the entire right fallopian tube still intact? Is there only a portion remaining?

If the entire right fallopian tube is still intact, connecting your right ovary to your uterus, then getting pregnant naturally is possible.

I suggest that you make an appointment with your gynecologist to determine the reason you have not gotten your period for one month.

Anonymous

Hello Ladies, I have read ALL the posts on here and would like to add my story. In March of 2004 I had to have emergency surgery due to my Fallopian Tube enlarged and damaged severely and had my Right tube removed. The next day I found out that I have PCOS. I went through the Fertility treatment and the dye test in 2007. The doctor then asked if i was sure they removed my right tube and turned the ultrasound screen around and showed me a large portion on my right tube with dye in it. I was told it was completely removed. Then in December 2008 I had to have another emergency surgery to remove my left tube so that just took all chances of me having kids naturally. I was then told that IVF is my only option of being able to conceive my own children. I have checked into that and gone to the first appointment. The doctor said my ovaries produce plenty of eggs, however, I cant afford the 12k they want. My periods have been on time every month for 4 years, now I am a month late. Could it be possible at all I may be in the small percentage of women that I could have gotten pregnant naturally? I don't want to get my hopes up just to have another heartbreak. I am turning 35 next week and have never had any kids. And I want kids SOOO BAD, it would mean everything in the world to me!

So Confused!!!

Anonymous

First of all doctors are really great at what they do and I don't forbid anyone to stop using them but , you have to understand that the are merly practitionesr which mean they have been praticing certain method for long periods of time which have been studied. So they have limited knowlege. But, Jesus on the other hand is a master in miricles and his track record for healing and miricles is amazing. Read Supernatural Child Birth. I am not pregnant yet but my friend adopted two boys years ago, tried evey thing, tube were damaged serverly, and she had a bouncing baby girl in December . God can do anything but fail. They have been married for 16 yrs and she is 45yrs of age.
prac·ti·tion·er/prakˈtiSHənər/
A person actively engaged in a discipline, or profession, esp. medicine.
prac·tice/ˈpraktəs/
The actual application or use of an idea, belief, or method as opposed to theories about such application or use.
Perform (an activity) or exercise (a skill) repeatedly or regularly in order to improve or maintain one's proficiency.

Anonymous

This is not a faith based website, not can anyone "forbid" members to see or not to see a doctor. Advising women who have no fallopian tubes that God will bring them a baby is based on a belief with no scientific basis and is incorrect information that is based on your own religious beliefs. Giving false hope to women is wrong. I'm sure many women here have their own faith in God or religion of choice but they also need to see a medical professional if they are infertile. While faith is wonderful and truly helps many people, it doesn't bring babies. If it did, million of couples would not be infertile and their infertility is not based on whether they believe in God or not.

By the way, having a child after adoption is not all that uncommon. It's believed to be linked possibly to the enormous stress that women carry when they cannot conceive naturally and it's ensuing toll on the body.

We encourage all our readers who are living with infertility to see a medical professional. And keep the faith!

jennylynn30

Hi im 30 years old and had both tubes removed due to eptopic and im late for my period and randomly took a test its positive.miracals do happen! Im going to see my doctor monday. I also am having all pregnancy symptoms and just praying to god that he helps me with this one and get past the unknown to move us forward to a cheerful year.

Without your fallopian tubes, the egg cannot become fertilized and an embryo cannot reach your uterus for implantation.

That being said, it is not possible for you to conceive naturally. In vitro fertilization may be the option for you.

According to Melissa C.Stoppler, M.D. speaking for emedicinehealth.com, explains, "[In vitro fertilization is] a method of assisted reproduction, a man's sperm and the woman's egg are combined in a laboratory dish, where fertilization occurs. The resulting embryo or embryos is/are then transferred to the woman's uterus (womb) to implant and develop naturally. Usually, two to four embryos are placed in the woman's uterus at one time. Each attempt is called a cycle. "

This is an expensive procedure that you would need to talk about with your physician.

Anonymous

I was wondering the same thing.In 2009 I had two miscarriages both at four months along.In 2010 I had an ectopic pregnancy they took one of my fallopian tubes.Than in 2011 another ectopic pregnancy.They took my last fallopian tube.Is it possible to get pregnant even though the outcome would be bad?

Hello Amber4141,

I can appreciate your desire to have a child.
However, with a tubal ligation procedure, conceiving will be impossible, unless the procedure can be reversed. During a tubal ligation, the fallopian tubes are cut or blocked to permanently prevent pregnancy. A tubal ligation disrupts the movement of the egg to the uterus for fertilization and blocks sperm from traveling up the fallopian tubes to the egg. It's possible to reverse a tubal ligation — but reversal requires major surgery and isn't always effective.

Without ovaries, there are no eggs to be fertilized. Conceiving naturally is not possible for you. Artificial insemination is a possible option. But, you need to consider your age and your history of cancer. This is a matter to be discussed with your physician.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Ok, may seem like a dumb question....but if a woman still has her period after having both tubes removed...like I have doesn't that mean a woman is still ovulating, which means you could get pregnant. If I still have my period, and my eggs can't be fertilized....how does my egg get into my uterus for my period....I don't have tubes so my eggs are going in there somewhere for me to still have a period!!

Amber4141

Hi my name is ines . I was married for 12 years I had a tublagation prosider. 3 years ago I whent to the doctor because I had a cold . At the time I was 38 years old in exalt condition . A week after I found out that I was stage 3-b advance breast cancer . I had to do kemo therapy then remove both of my breast . Then I did radiation after radiation they put me on different cancer medication . True all of this once I did my first keno I didn't get my menstrual . One day my oncologest told me they need to take my ovaries out but they left my uteres . I just recently found a good man that I want to share my life with . But I want a baby well we both do . What can I do I'm 42 in good shape besides the cancer . I'm doing research . Please some one out there give me advise please help me . I've herd so many expiring stories . Good bless every body

Anonymous

I am really surprised after reading the comments. Till today i believe that without Fallopian tube pregnancy is not possible but after the read I came to know that nothing is impossible.

Anonymous

i beleive god works in mysterious ways any thing is possible just keep your faith when its time he will let it all work out good luck god bless you all im waitin to .

Anonymous

AMAZING STORIES, hope these are true..............GOD is the real healer, gives something to those whom he finds is right.............
My friend had her first pregnancy, ectopic preg and it burst.... now she has one tube remaining and both ovaries...........She wants a child and I wish she very soon conceives ....

That is a question which is best answered by your fertility specialist.
It is important that you report any symptoms that you experience during this very critical time.
Best wishes,

rose9434

i'm 3 days past my embryo transfer..I've been feeling a lot of cramping on/off & a little pelvic pressure, not to mention the tender nipples. Is this normal to feel this way?

Anonymous

There is NO possible way whatsoever that you can get pregnant without tubes, I have neither one of mine due to ectopic pregnancies, Ive gone to numerous specialist in numerous states, the only way to get pregnant without tubes is through IVF. Otherwise, you just adopt.

That is exactly what I thought. I lost one tube due to surgery and the other one after two ectopics. I had my last child via IVF after I lost both tubes. So imagine my surprise when I found out I'm pregnant! Baby is in the uterus and I'm 26 weeks pregnant now. My former doctor is Cincinnati and my current doctor in Columbus cannot explain how it happened. I was told after the removal of my last tube that there was 0 chance of getting pregnant without IVF, but here I am...

no offense but i dont see how thats possible it has to have a way to travel to ur uterus, ive had 12 miscarriages and 4 ectopic pregnancies with one of them busting and almost killing me in less than 6 yrs and now i have no tubes at all and have spent thousands of dollars at specialists offices and have been told by each one that theres no way no how that i could ever get pregnant without IVF so how did u manage to get pregnant without tubes and no ivf? im finding it hard to understand

I have had a similar background (not with miscarriages but with 2 ectopic pregnancies on one side after my other tube and ovary were removed b/c of a dermoid cyst.) And I KNOW it doesn't make any sense how I got pregnant with no tubes and no IVF. I went through IVF with my 3rd because I didn't even entertain the idea that it was possible to get pregnant without it. (My first and second were born naturally but it was after my 2nd was born that I lost my one tube and ovary, causing scar tissue which likely caused the first ectopic.) So, imagine my surprise to find out I was pregnant. My 3rd (the one I went through IVF with) is not even 2 years old yet. So, I know it's totally unbelievable and to make matters worse, the doctors really don't have a definite explanation as to "how". They have "theories", etc. that they read about. Either way, week 27 starts for me tomorrow and this baby is in the uterus and I've had no complications. Crazy? I know. Trust me, I'm not out there trying to say "hold on to hope b/c it's possible" because I don't even know physically how it is when I don't even have the viable "parts" to successfully get pregnant without intervention. I didn't even find this site until the day I found out I was pregnant and I wasn't able to get into a doctor until the next day and it was THEN that I started seeing if getting pregnant without tubes was possible. Because before then, it didn't even cross mind that it was even remotely possible.

~tparisi

I am feeling the same but I have been told by a number of doctors in the UK it is extremely rare but it can and has happened. My consultant said its a 1% chance, well to me I live in hope as that's 1 in a hundred ladies like us that may do it naturally. I live in hope that what's meant to be and if I am going to be that one lady then it will happen. If you think about it logically there will be two tiny holes in our uterus where our tubes once was and the body is any amazing thing. I have also read a lot of stories where women who have lost one tube have got pregnant yet they can see that they ovulated from the ovary where they have no tube as they can see the corpus sack feeding the embryo and they are pregnant in the womb. This isn't rally any different as that egg as made its way from one ovary across to the other or it could of just made its way in to the womb, we will never know. Just live with the thoughts that the body is an amazing thing and it can happen there are ladies on here that have happened to them. Good luck and the pain will ease I too have had two rupturing ectopics with no tubes. X

Anonymous

HEY MY NAME IS DIANNE AND I HAVE 4 KIDS BUT THE KIDS IS OLDER NOW BUT I WANT TO HAVE ONE MORE BABY BUT I HAVE ONE MY TUBES TAKING OUT AND I STILL HAVE ONE MORE THERE BUT I HAD MY TUBE TIE AND BURN SO WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET TO HAVE ONE MORE BABY

jkelly1111 (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Dianne, IVF is an option for pregnancy. Thats what I am looking into as I have no tubes. If you search the internet for affordable IVF you'll find plenty of places who will speak with you about this. :) Youre so lucky to have 4 children! I dont have any so Im praying that IVF works for me.

Anonymous

Doctor is going to take both my fallopian tubes out do I still ovulate I no I can't get pregnant without ivf

jkelly1111

I am 33yrs old and had BOTH fallopian tubes removed 3 yrs ago due to ectopics. I was told I have a 1% chance of natural pregnancy. (Not a good % rate.) Well, I am late on my period. Im bloated really bad and I have a "full" feeling in my abdomen. My breasts arent swollen though. I havent even considered going to get a test because I thought there was NO WAY Im pregnant! After reading some of these stories Im shocked! Can this really happen? I mean, how would the egg be fertilized without any tubes? Is it possible for the egg to make it into the uterus and be fertilized there?

tparisi (reply to jkelly1111)

jkelly1111- I am currently in my 21st week of pregnancy and got pregnant naturally with no tubes. The doctors really don't know how the egg made its way to the uterus, they can only speculate. And their thought is that there was a hole in my uterus from where the tube once was and somehow the egg just landed perfectly inside, which is near impossible. I didn't take a test for a month because it didn't even cross my mind that I could be pregnant, nor did I even attempt to research it because medically speaking, it just doesn't make sense. I actually even joined a 2nd gym because of the "full" feeling in my abdomen. lol After I was a month late, I finally took a test to "rule out" a pregnancy just as a starting point. Boy was I shocked! Did you ever take a test?
-Tanya

Anonymous (reply to tparisi)

Oh wow! That is so awesome! I ended up starting my period right before I went to get the test. I was really stressed out so I think thats why I was delayed. I DID find a place that does IVF for 6800.00. I was really excited about that! All of the other places were around 15K. If I dont have a miracle in the next 3 yrs it looks like Im going that route. Thanks for sharing your story! It gives us all HOPE. :)

Zoe1302 (reply to Anonymous)

Which clinic is that is it in this country? X

jkelly1111 (reply to Zoe1302)

Hi Zoe1302. Yes the clinic is called the Fertility Centers of New England and its located in Reading, Massachusetts. Its very interesting. Heres the link www.fertilitycenter.com/ If you dont get pregnant in two cycles the third is FREE. 6800 first cycle, if you decide to do a second its still 6800 but the third is free. I think that fee is worth it. :)

mshopeful

i really appreciate all the comments,i have had two eptopic pregs and have been told that having a baby would never happen! which was the worst news i think i ever could hear,thought of ivf but that is just to expensive.so i came across this website and now i have hope,just really pray that everyone who says they have gotten pregnant are really telling the truth.hope everyone that has not..does!

Anonymous (reply to mshopeful)

mshopeful: I just want to assure you that I am indeed pregnant (I posted earlier), I got pregnant naturally, and I have no tubes. After two ectopic pregnancies and having gone through IVF for my youngest, I would NEVER write something that was not true. I understand through experience how devastating the loss of a child is and also how devastating it is to not be able to get pregnant after losing my tubes. The doctors do not know how I got pregnant, but I am. I am in my 15th week and everything is going well. Keep your hopes up because while it certainly seems impossible and it may be unlikely, it IS possible.
~tparisi

thank you so much i really needed to hear this congrats!!!!!

Melmar1

I had two three days embryos implanted in my uterus trough IVF on Dec 10-2011. I have gotten my period on Friday Dec-30-2012, that means i am not pregnant anymore. Since yesterday i started to feel tenderness and sore boobs, and the ends are tuning dark. Can i still possible be pregnant?

Anonymous (reply to Melmar1)

I had my first ivf procedure the same day: 12/10/11... Unfortunately we are not pregnant. We are on ivf #3. What is your status as of today?

Melmar1 (reply to Anonymous)

Today i am in south America Colombia doing the second cycle. I have about ten eggs. On Wednesday is egg retrieval,and if everything goes the way it's suppose, on Saturday will be 3 day embryo transfer.

Anonymous

Hi everyone I have had two ectopic pg one two years ago the other two and a half months ago .. Ended up taking a small spot of one of my tube I almost lost my life .. But doctor said my other tub is beautiful and I should be able to have a normal pg .. I'm not losing hope god works in his own way after my second cycle I will be trying again .. So please pray for me cause I'm 29 and I really would like to be a mother I'm never giving up anything is possible .. Thanks everyone for your stories they have really touched my heart

Achiro

Hi, am really sorry you lost both of your tubes. To the best of my knowlegde, i don't think you can get pregnant without the tubes because the eggs need to reach your uterus through the tubes. i hope you can have children using scientific procedures.
I wish you the very best.
Thanks, Carla

Anonymous

I am 23 years old . I have Three kids After my 3rd child i had my tubes tied . 9 moths later I had an eptopic Pregnancy . After that i had half of my left tube taken off ..So a lot of your storys give me hope . My New husband would love to have a baby And IVF is so much money ...

jeangrey

Hi secretvicki, i too have both tubes removed from previous 2 consecutive ectopic pregnancies year 2008 and 2009. I'm 34 yrs old and have postponed IVF as the 2 ectopic had taken a big toll on me. Now that I'm ready, I have booked my 1st appointment with the specialist on January 2012 to start IVF. Currently, my period is 2 weeks late and the reason I come across this forum is because I am searching for some answers if its still possible to get another ectopic pregnancy even after both tubes are removed as I don't want to go thru that again. After reading the recent posts, it was a huge wow for me as well having that odd chance of getting pregnant normally. Right now, i am trying hard to stay positive but I might go buy a home test just to make sure. Its been a long time I have given up buying home pregnancy tests :-) Not really keeping my hopes up, I am just so scared of having another EP. Will keep you guys posted :-)

secretvicki (reply to jeangrey)

hi Jeangrey, i am sorry to hear of your ectopics.. It was such a har time for me as well. i had one in July of 2008 and then another in FEb of 2009, 6 months apart ..uck.. i then proceeded to do IVF. a few mojntsh later, got pregnant but miscarried natuirally.. it was a hard year.. its been two years.. and enjoying my son. and now my period is late, its so weird, scares me as well.. BUt i know its impossible to get pregnant, yet i see these stories ya know? Are you going to go out today and take the test?? Can you get back on this and let me know send me a reply??? has your period ever been late?

jeangrey (reply to secretvicki)

Happy new year girls!
Hi secretvicki, thankfully its negative! So i can put that worry aside now, its just scary thinking that I might have another ep outside the womb. I have to set my mind on IVF now. Well since my last ectopic, my period is just in time, if its late its just for 2 or 3 days. That' s why this time, I am a bit worried coz it was 2 weeks late, and guess what? I had it on the 1st of January :-)

Did you just had one shot on IVF or have you done it a couple of times? What did the doctor said that caused you to miscarry? Are you going to try again?

laceynicolegary20

Hello, my name is Lacey. I had an erruptered appendex in 2008 and they removed my appendex and one tube. Then I got pregnant in 2010 and it was a tubal pregnancy. So, all I have left is my ovaries. I have not started my period yet this month. I am 15-18 days late. I do have sore breasts, and everything I smell makes me want to throw up. So, I don't know if I am pregnant or not. My husband went to get me a test and will let you know. I would be thrilled if this is possible. I am only 20 yrs old. So, I would love a child to spend my life with. Will be back! Anything is possible!

secretvicki (reply to laceynicolegary20)

hi laceynicolegary20 , did yiou test positive???

Anastacia

I just had an laporoscopy done dr. told me both of my tubes are cut in peaces, Iam very sad . I want a baby so bad.. praying to God for a miracle.. thank you for this stories, they comfort my soul..

Anonymous

Good Afternonn Every one!
I would like to start by saying regardless of how much the doctors say you can not get pregnant without invitro, I believe some day I will become pregnant by the will and Grace of my God. Remember that when its out of our hands & doctors dont have any more to do that's when He steps in and does everything! There is a secret to it I think, FAITH!

tparisi (reply to Anonymous)

I just wanted to let you know that I am currently pregnant (and got so naturally) with no fallopian tubes... I had my first ovary and tubes removed because of a dermoid cyst that was over-taking the ovary on my left side. Then, 3 years later, I got pregnant, but it was an ectopic pregnancy on the ride side due to scar tissue caused by the earlier surgery. That ruptured and I needed emergency surgery. The doctor told me I could not have children on my own anymore. But she left the mangled tube in my body and 3 years after that, I got pregnant again. Again, it was ectopic and ruptured and once again, I found myself in emergency surgery. This time, (a new doctor) removed that tube and told me without a doubt I could not get pregnant without IVF because I had no tubes (but I did still have 1 ovary). So, I did go through IVF and currently have my 19 month old son. Well, I wasn't feeling well and finally took a pregnancy test (a month late because it really didn't dawn on me that I could be pregnant naturally considering I have no tubes), but sure enough I am pregnant! An ultrasound last week confirmed a pregnancy in my uterus and the heart was beating already, etc. I'm currently in my 10th week and the doctors are completely shocked. So, while I know the odds are that one cannot get pregnant with no tubes, I am proof that it can happen. Although, quite honestly, I don't know how physically it was possible either so I am certainly not trying to convey the message that it can and does happen regularly. That is why I went through IVF to begin with. But, I also realize (especially now) that sometimes someone else may have a different plan for us so yes, never lose faith!!! Good luck! :)

Anonymous

Hello - I just wanted to post that I am less than 2 wks out from having my 2nd baby via a natural miracle (1st baby was through IVF). I wrote previously when I first found out about this pregnancy. The doctors still have not figured out how I was able to become pregnant. I have a left ovary and thought I had had both tubes removed due to an ectopic on one side and a large cyst on the other. Apparently, I may still have a piece of right fallopian tube buried under a ton of scar tissue, but with only the left ovary, a natural pregnancy was against all odds for me. My husband and I have had unprotected sex for 13 years and never got pregnant without IVF, so this pregnancy was a very big surprise to both of us. We had been trying for #2 with IVF, spent a lot of money and went through a lot of heartbreak for two years before finally giving up hope. Then, next cycle, I was pregnant. I'm just adding my story, because after going through all of this, I do believe that there is no such thing as impossible. Good luck to all of you!

secretvicki (reply to Anonymous)

hi Anon, how are you feelin you had your baby not to long ago correct,? if i am looking correctly at the dates on this post.?. I am shocked after i read many of these posts... I have a 6 year old and a few years back went through infertility to try and conceive another child, while doing so, i had two tubal pregnancies and lost both of my tubes, having laproscopic surgeries. I am currently late on my period, but I just didnt think you could get pregnant naturally at all withno tubes?? and your story is like a wow to me?? and there is still no answer as to how it happened??

Thank you for sharing your story, Anon! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and we wish you a safe delivery!

~Susan

Anonymous

I am 26yrs old. First ectopic pregnancy in november 2009 and right tube removed. Second ectopic in September 2010 and other tube removed. With no tubes or not even a part Of a tube left I again had an ectopic pregnancy in March 2011 in which The embryo was on The outside Of My uterus and I had to have it surgically extracted. Doctors thought they had seen it all. Well, in August I Went to My gyn with complaints Of pain and no appetite with Weight loss. With My history and Previous discussions between us two she gave me a referral to a local Hospital for testing of
endometriosis. I was scared Of The outcome and did not follow Up
with The testing. Well last night I was so nauseated and Just not
myself I Went to The ER because with me being a nurse I thought I had contracted a virus or worse. They immediately thought it could be appendicitis and started My intake and Did The usual blood
work and urine test. Well thirty seconds before they're ready to put
me through catscan The nurse runs Up and stops The tech to tell.
Her I'm pregnant. Later 3 doctors gather to tell me I'm between 20 and 28 weeks pregnant. They still have a lot Of test to run because
I've still had a period all this time they needed a blood test and vag ultrasound. Well this morning they confirmed me at appr. 27 weeks
and 4 days! I Am 5'7 and 138lbs and Am thin but I've always wore a
stomach wrap to shrink My stomach after My kids and the excess tummy I figured was Just baby fat that wouldn't go away because I was losing weight everywhere else , I have 4 kids youngest is 3yrs and My doctor Of over ten years still missed a simple pregnancy and tried to diagnose me with other illnesses. Doctors are human
and do not know everything. Its still early but they say my cervix is at 4cm already which is not uncommon for me but under The circumstances they are kind Of treating me like a lab rat and already considering admitting me for The remainder Of My pregnancy although they say everything is normal they want to make sure The baby grows as expected and I do not dilate further. I was not expecting this at all but I take it as a blessing. You CAN STILL GET PREGNANT WITHOUT ANY TUBES AT ALL!!!! ALONG WITH SCAR TISSUE TOO!!!!

Melmar1 (reply to Anonymous)

Wow, i am speechless..

My name is Victoria by The way. Thanks for reading My long post above and I hope it answered questions and keeps your hope alive! Don't doubt The unexplainable out Of narrow mindedness or fear. Anything is possible. I like to teach My kids that there is no such word as "can't". Good luck!;-).

I am so inspired by your story! Thank you so much for sharing it. I have lost both my tubes due to ectopic pregnancies and we have a good chance of IVF working but its so expensive and I pray everyday that it will just happen naturally even though everyone tells me that it is impossible! This story gives me some hope that its not impossible.

Anonymous

In nov of 2006 was rushed to emergency for lower back painand abnormal bleeding when I got there they said I had a etopic pregnancy that erupted. They removed my right tube and half of my left tube. 6 months later I was feeling sick went to the doctors n found out I was two months pregnant. I told my doctor it can't be true u guys told me I wouldn't be able to conceive naturally and my doctor said "I know take this as a blessing. I had a healthy baby boy. 2010 I felt the same pain again n went to emergency. Doc came in and said "your a reproducing MiraclE, I wish it was a healthy pregnancy" I had a etopic pregna cy in the left tube that was only half left. All three pregnancies I was on birth control. God works in funny ways... Medicine n doctors don't always have the answers. If its meant to be it'll be. Good luck to all of u trying to conceive. If it dozens work in your favor remember there are always children in shelters that could use loving homes.

Anonymous

Hi I am 38 years old and I wish that these ladies would not say that they are getting pregnant without fallopian tubes. I've had a number of Doctors tell me this is not possible. So don't give all the Women like me who have been trying for years to conceive False Hope. I will just continue and pray that God will bless my husband and I when we start our IVf process.

Thanks for your post.

We do need to point out that getting pregnant without fallopian tubes is indeed nearly impossible. I say "nearly" as I'm not a doctor but the doctors I have asked about this have also said it's impossible.

Perhaps anything is possible but I agree that we need to caution our readers that putting a lot of faith in this is not a good idea.

Thank you again and I hope your IVF is successful.

~Susan

Anonymous

Wow if these stories are true...then i have a little bit of hope for myself. i lost both tubes due to ectopic pregnancies. I went thru IVF and got rpegnant. My son was born OCT 27th 2010 but passed away 6 days later due to a chromosome defect. We definetly dont have more $$ for another IVF treatment. So i feel like there is no hope for us.

Anonymous

im 17 n getting my 2tubes remove for my 18 and i love kids i know im young but give me some hope plz?

What do you mean - your getting your tubes removed for your "18"?

~Susan

Anonymous

I read a book by a famous minister, John Graham Lake, called "Adventures in God", who experienced several miracles during his ministry in the early 1900's. One miracle I must share. There was this women who had her ovaries, tubes and uterus removed through several different surgeries. Yet GOD manifested His miracle working power and miraculously recreated her ovaries, her tubes and her uterus. They all supernaturally grew back. And she did concieve naturally an had a child. Just because you can't wrap your natural mind around it and it is unexplainable by the medical field doesn't mean it can't happen. God created every fiber of our being and He is Soverign and can also recreate. There are stories after stories of people recieving creative miracles, limbs growing back, eyes balls growing back. God is no respecter of persons and you too can believe Him for your own miracle He is just waiting for those who have faith and step out and believe.

Anonymous

Hello all,

I was the one to originally post this question a couple of years ago and I surprised that people are still posting and commenting. I am very hopeful after reading many of the post, especially the one in which the young lady had the little boy without tubes. That is a miracle from God.

I have also been reading that many of you have been able to pay for the IVF treatments with your health insurances. Can you let me know which health insurances help pay for the treatments because my husband and I have been trying for 5 years and are under the impression that we need to pay like 15-20 thousand in cash, which we don't have.

Please someone help with whatever information that you can give us. I live in NYC, and I am not sure where to start on gathering info on this IVF matte.

I would water be emailed personally because I do not want another 2-4 years to go by with me not coming to this website...

Congrats to everyone that has been successful in achieving family happiness and much love.

Francis M Brathwaite

Look forward to hearing from someone soon.
Thanks!

Hi Francis

Thanks for your update!

Your personal email was removed from the community per EmpowHER regulations but please feel free to put that email address under your login/profile information so that you will be notified via email when you get a new response under this thread.

Thanks and best of luck to you,
~Susan

Anonymous

Hello, just like everyone else, I'm also on here trying to find out if it's possible to get pregnant after having both tubes removed. It's fun reading the stories of those who got pregnant, but it's hard to know if it's true. My husband and I got pregnant with our 8 months after his vasectomy, and right after being told I had a benign pituitary tumor making me infertile. I delivered our son in the Canary Islands via c-section, where the doctor completely removed both of my tubes without asking me as he said, here in Spain, you're only allowed a max of 3 c-sections, and I'd reached my limit. So... yeah.

Anonymous

HI
is I have a chance to get knowledge with this beautiful woman in the picture lol

Anonymous

i had my tubal ligation done in 07 now i,m having backache heartburn . going to bathroom alot , headahes , throwing up can you still get preanet

Anonymous

Hi My name is April and i have been reading all your storys about having your tubs removed and your periods are late well 2 years ago i had cancer and had to have 8 weeks of radiation the doctor said i would never be able to have children becouse the radiation will destroy my Fallopian Tube well i was wondering why it stopped my period but not yours thank you

Fertility within Reach Blogger (reply to Anonymous)

Hi April,
I am not a doctor. I would like to share with you a wonderful resource, Fertile Hope, www.fertilehope.org. This resource is specifically for individuals who have or had cancer and want to build a family.

More than impacting your fallopian tubes, my guess is the radiation deminished your ovarian reserve. It is the shedding of follicles/eggs from your ovaries that leads to a menstrual cycle. If you are not producing follicles/eggs, I don't know if you would be experiencing a period.

This is definately a question for an gynecologist and I hope to do ask someone.

Good luck,
Davina
Fertility Within Reach

Anonymous

I think the girls that are saying that they got pregenet after a removel of there tubes are just wanting attention and not telling the truth about having there tubes removed

Anonymous

I have had my tubes removed for almost 7 yrs and I hav NOT gotten pregenet I don;t believe you cab get pregenet unless you have INVETRO

Fertility within Reach Blogger

Anita C,
I am so very sorry for you loss. I remember that shock and pain all too well. My heart breaks for you and I hope you are able to have the family you hope to build one day.

All my best,
Davina
Fertility Within Reach

anita c

hello i am new to this site and i too have had two ectopic pregnancies just two days ago i had my right tube removed. its just crazy to think that one day you wake up pregnant and then with in hours your tube is being removed. i heard that ivf is now the only option. i am sorry for your loss and i know how you feel.

Anonymous

I am 41 have been married for 21years and have 6 children aged from 20 - 12, all my children were by ceasarean, my second pregnancy was a twin pregnancy but i lost 1 of them around 12 wks but went on to have my 11lb 6 daughter, i had my tubes clipped after my 3rd child in 1994 as it was considered too dangerous to have any more, in 1996 i was once again pregnant with twins and once again lost 1 at around 12 wks but went on to have another daughter (7lb 13) my smallest ever! During her delivery my tubes were checked and considered to be non functioning, i then went on to have my son in 1997, and another son (who was 1 of another twin pregnancy!) in 1999 at the age of 30, i then had my tubes removed completely. At this point in time i have all the signs of being pregnant again, i didnt want to think that way but i know better then to believe its not possible as anything is possible to me now, i am going to the doctor tomorrow to find out for sure and will update this as soon as i know. Good luck to everyone and never give up hope.

Hi Anonymous mother of six :-) I was just wondering what you found out at the doctor regarding your potential pregnancy. I've had both tubes removed, but have also been experiencing some pregnancy symptoms, so I just hopped online to see if it were even possible. (Julie)

Fertility within Reach Blogger

Hi Linda,
I want to start out by saying I'm not a medical professional. I did go through 14 years of infertility treatment so I am full of personal experiences.

Without ovaries, your daughter will not have eggs to fertilize (DNA connection). Because she has her uterus, she could utilize IVF with donor eggs or donor embryos (wonderful and loving options). Your daughter and her baby will share blood.

I have many friends who had children via egg donation and they feel a bond with their children like any parent could.

All my best,
Davina
Fertility Within Reach

Anonymous

My daughter was born without ovaries or tubes. She does have a uterus. Can she conceive through IVF and still include her DNA?

Thank you for your response! Linda

Fertility within Reach Blogger

I'm so sorry to hear of your pregnancy loss and the loss of your fallopian tubes. I can only imagine what a difficult time this has been for you. The only way to achieve pregancy at this point is through IVF.

Unfortunately this happens to many women and the cost associated with IVF is daunting. However, if you don't have insurance coverage for infertility, I would encourage you to ask your insurer for an exemption to your benefits. I would also encourage you to speak with your (or your partner's) employer's human resource department. Upon request, employers will often "go to bat" for you with the insurer or cover the benefit themselves. To help make this experience easier, you can find specific step-by-step instructions on the Fertility Within Reach website, http://www.fertilityhealthadvocatesne.org.

Best of luck,
Davina
Fertility Within Reach

QueenB

I stumbled across this site looking for info because I'm 41 years old been married 10 years, I have a 14 year old and I lost both of my tubes because of 2 ectopics but as of today I'm 4 days late I'm NEVER late, I haven't told hubby.

I was told that because I lost both of my tubes that the only way i could get pregnant was through IVF we did one round that failed after that i was told I couldn't get pregnant naturally, after a lot of heartache and tears hubby, daughter and I finally came to grips that we would continue to be a family of 3 and we all are truly happy with that. I can't be pregnant I have a child starting high school in September, I never thought I would be starting over at 41!!! At 41 I should be on the downhill slope of raising kids!! Don't get me wrong if I am I will be happy but freaking scared to death!!! Ok I guess after what I just read it's to the pharmacy I go during lunch today.

QueenB (reply to QueenB)

Ok just took the test I couldn't wait until I got home tonight hearing all the stories scared me a little no a whole lot. But the test is negative if my cycle doesn't start by Monday I'm going to call my gyno! I had mixed emotions kinda happy and scared to DEATH!!! I couldn't imagine starting all over again now.

Anonymous

i have been told due to internal adhesions i will have to have both my tubes removed and possibly one ovary..... i have been advised that i will still have periods due to having one ovary and a womb.....so i conclude that despite us being taught that tubes carry eggs which cause us to have periods ....if i can still have periods i can still have another baby???? confused

Anonymous

Hey ladies. i love all you comments. im only 24 years old and had both my tubes removed im married and we both want kids. It is a struggle because i have never even heard of in vetro and then to hear it was so much $$$ i feel like there is no hope. My husband works 2 jobs and im working as well. its nice to hear all your stories. Sometimes i feel alone in this..

Anonymous

i had an ectopic pregnancy and had surgery the dr did not remove my tube he said he cut it and it would heal and close back up is that safe can i still conceive and i had normal period and now ive been bleeding of and on for ten weeks

Anonymous

i had an ectopic pregnancy and had surgery to remove the fetus and ive been bleeding off and on for twelve weeks and i want to try again is the bleeding normal

Anonymous

I am 49 years old and my monthly period has not been regular. Both the tubes and the left ovary were removed in 1994 due to tubular pregnancy. The last period was on March 23rd. I had sex on April 5th, 11th and 27th 2011. Would like to know if the delay in period is due to menopause or pregnancy?
Sangina

Christine Jeffries (reply to Anonymous)

At the age of 49, it likely could be that you are working up to menopause. If you haven't been in to see your gynecologist in a while, now may be the time for a visit to confirm if it is perimenopause, and to ensure that everything is as it should be.
For more information, check out EmpowHER's Perimenopause pages, and this article: The Changes in Perimenopause
Good luck, and let us know how you are doing.

Anonymous

hello. i can't believe i am going through this and i'm still scared and unsure. i have also lost both my tubes (right at age 19 due to large ovarian tumor, left at age 35 due to IVF ectopic). shortly after ectopic, i became pregnant through a frozen embryo transfer and had my son. we've been trying to get pregnant again through IVF for the past year and a half without success. we did our last frozen transfer in february and had a negative beta on 2/23. i started my period 2 days later. it's almost 6 wks later, my period is almost 2 wks late and i have pregnancy symptoms. as a joke i took a upt test today at work and it was positive. had my blood drawn because i was freaking out and my beta was 39,000. ultrasound showed a gestational sac about 4 or 5 wks and a yolk sac but no fetal pole. i'm so confused about what happened. i can't possibly get pregnant on my own without tubes, but the last ivf cycle failed. no one can tell me what happened. i have to repeat my beta on friday to see which way it's trending and repeat my us tomorrow. any input would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, we cannot tell you what could have happened in your particular case. That may be done via more testing from your doctors. Based on the tests you've had done now, has no-one told you anything about what may have happened? Have they not given you any kind of indication? If they haven't, then they may be waiting for further tests and results in order to know more.

Will you keep us posted?
~Susan

i had an ultrasound yesterday that shows a baby measuring 6w4d with a normal heartbeat! all of my doctors are puzzled as to how this could have happened, but they are 100% sure it had nothing to do with the frozen embryo transfer i had in february - it happened naturally with supposedly no fallopian tubes. one theory is that the surgery i had to remove my R ovary in 1997 might have left some remaining fallopian tube, but they did not see it due to lots of scar tissue during the surgery for the L ectopic in 2008. since i only have my L ovary, the egg somehow would have had to make it's way to whatever remained of the R tube, which is still mind boggling. anyway, we are very, very happy - will post if anyone figures anything out.

Wow Anon - what a story! If you had some tube left then it could make sense - it's like this was meant to be!

Please let us know some updates as soon as you know them yourself; what an interesting story! Good luck to all of you!
~Susan

Anonymous

Well I have an interesting thing to say, my friend as well as I had both of our tubes removed, she had hers removed in 1997 and in 2000 she found out she was pregnant WITHOUT Invitro after her doctor told her there was absolutely no chance! I Know i know, I was stunned, there is a 1% chance of becomiing pregnant without your fallopian tubes, Each year that 1% chance increases by 1%. So Yes, it is possible to become pregnant naturally without any tubes, but it is rare. Keep hope anything can happen. I will also keep hope for myself... :D

your friend, the one that had her tubes removed, did she have a full term healthy baby??? praying for you as well as myself!!!!

I just read through every post and am loving it! I have lost both of my tubes to ectopic pregnancies, one 5yrs ago, the other in Feb '10. I have also been pregnant 4 other times... so I know what it feels like, and I have a very strong sense that I am pregnant right now. I went to my doctors today for an hcg and will hopefully find out tomorrow. It's early... so we'll see. I'll post when I know either way.
CB

Took a hpt this morning and got a BFP!! I should be able to call for my hcg #'s this evening and see what those are! God is good!!

Oh, the last post was by CB again... forgot to put that on there.

Anonymous

I have had 6 eptopic pg 2010 they took my rgt tub I am 5 days late & tryn not to get hope up I am turning the dirty 30 n 3 months I have been wanting another I have 1 she my fist she 12 so all together I have had 7 pg but I have hope my aunt went thru same thing she finally had her first at 47 so thier is all ways hope:-)

Christine Jeffries (reply to Anonymous)

Sorry you have been through so many miscarriages. What a nightmare. Good luck, and hope to hear some good news from you. I'm turning 40 next month, want to trade? :)

Chelsyjoy07

This is an AMAZING topic. It gives me such hope. I had my tubes tied April 2010 after a sexually & emotionally abusive 10 year marriage ended. Now I have found the most AMAZING man who does not have any children, and I regret having had my tubes tied. I found out a few weeks ago that I conceived Christmas Eve, it was a Christmas Miracle! However, it ended in an eptopic pregnancy. When the surgeon went in to remove the pregnancy he also had to remove the rest of my fallopian tube and saw that the other tube was so damaged from the tubal ligation that it was also removed. Now I have no tubes at all. BUT, I feel pregnant again. My breasts are sore, I am urinating all the time and I am hungry all the time again. I didn't think it was possible to get pregnant with NO fallopian tubes, but now I have some hope and definately need to take a pregnancy test.
It's amazing to see that I'm not the only one who has had this sort of experience. Thank you all for posting your stories!

Anonymous (reply to Chelsyjoy07)

please let us know if you are pregnant...!!!! i have had 2 ectopic pregnancies and only have part of one tube left. these stories give me hope when i read them, however i have noticed that everyone who thought they have pregnancy symptoms have not replied back!!!

Anonymous

hi all... im 27,after having my 3rd son, in october 2006,during the c-section i was sterilised, i had some tube removed, the ends burnt and tied...in april 2010 last year i found out i was pregnant, i was 9 weeks gone, when i had my scan they found a fetus in my womb with no heartbeat but also a healthy baby outside my womb...(ectopic) during my operation i was sterilised the 2nd time removing over 4cm of tubes my doctor said, the most they could take or i could have to start taking the HRT, 3 months later i had to go back for some test at the hospital i had a scan where they push dye through the uterus to see if the tubes are blocked....or in my case see if my tubes are sealed, it was the worst 2 weeks of my life waiting for the results.. and then my doctor told me that the dye was still spilling out which means if the dye can get out the egg can get in.. he told me i was very fertile, i still dont understand it myself... my doctor has offered for me to have the rest of my tubes removed but he doesnt see the point as he thinks il be in the same situation 6 months down the line... the reason i got sterilised in the first place was so i would never have the worry of being pregnant again, and now am back to the beginning of being careful all over again, im very blessed with the 3 children i have, which 1 of them is disabled, so my life is so busy........ so not everything is 100% but 99.9% of women that get sterilised will not get pregnant and those 1% will.....

Anonymous

Hi, I know these are old postings but I'm looking for an answer... I had my left fallopian tube removed in 2009 for an ectopic pregnancy. I just went for an ultrasound last week and Im 7 weeks pregnant!!!! The ultrasound tech as well as my doctors were completely baffled...and still are... because I ovulated from my left ovary for this pregnancy. So all you whoo say natural pregnancy after removal of tubes is impossible.... its obviously not. Just very rare. Anyway my doctors cant explain it. Looks like a miracle. But I would LOVE input as to how this is even remotely possible!! Thanks.

Alison Beaver (reply to Anonymous)

Were your doctors able to tell you if part of your fallopian tube (that was not removed) either grew or healed itself? What did the tech see on your ultrasound as far as the health of your fallopian tube?

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

My right fallopian tube and ovary are fine. My left fallopian tube is not there. But I ovulated from the left ovary for this pregnancy. Which is why everyone is confused...I actually just found out it is possible but is about a 1 percent chance of happening without a fallopian tube where the egg can be fertilized... hmmm who knew?

Anonymous

I'm 32 years old and lost both of my felopian tubes after my 4th etopic pregnancy...was to be twins but one was etopic. Even though the other egg made it to my uterus, the ansthetics from removing the other on my tube, deceased the other one. I was told that i wouldn't get pregnant now with out IVF...so my question is- can a woman get pregnant naturally at all? Is there any chance? What ever happen to the girl that wrote she became pregnant that way? Thanks!!!

hi i am 36 and been reading the stories as was thinking same can u get preg with out tubes and ivf as was told need ivf as lost both tubes got used t that idea but last few days gone of things which only usually happens when preg was due on today know it only 1 day but got me thinking so came on here t ask if could happen have the people who said it happen t them gone full term and had children or was it just people writing lies

Anonymous

I am currently recovering from having my 2nd fallopian tube removed-the other was removed a yr ago, both from ectopic pregnancies. Last year I got pregnant while on birth control pills & this year with the Mirena inside my uterus.--I just turned 28, I have 2 amazing children whom I don't take for granted at all! But I'm having a hard time coping with the fact that I may not be able to give them siblings. Upon reading some of these posts I have gained not only hope, but comfort in knowing that there are women who are going through or have gone through what I am experiencing right now. I was feeling very alone for a while....people keep telling me that I already have two & maybe that's just enough for me. And maybe it will be, but I wasn't ready for this....I wanted it to be my choice. And I'm pretty sure I was going to have more, when the time was right....anyway, I wanted to thank you all for posting your stories & to let you know that there is an emotional woman laying in down with her netbook, who appreciates that someone understands her pain....
Good luck to all of you!

Be thankful that you have kids!! Think of the women that do not have any kids and can not have kids! I am sympathetic but come on love the kids you have... I real feel sorry for those of us that do not have kids and can not conceive unless we use IVF!

You poor thing I am exactly the same as you. Last December o had my second ectopic and second tube taken. 14th December 2009 to be exact, it was nothing short of horrific. My heart is breaking for you. I have one child he is 14 now I have been trying for 5 years for another. I am heartbroken. I can tell you it becomes easier to handle but never forgotten is it. Horrible. I found myself on this site asking the same questions. I am not sure if there is hope for me. As time is not on my side and I will have to go through ivf again this year (second ectopic was ivf) but I want you to know I lay there with my netbook crying quite often too and you are definitely not alone xxxx

Anonymous

I saw a post a bit back from a Sarah, and she was going to go to teh doctor and get a test...and she had not tubes.. did she in fact find herself pregnant?

Anonymous

I think she was speaking of if in terms of being rare is if yiou had no fallopian tubes

Anonymous

your eggs can and will flow towards the uterus, pregnancy is extremely rare natually, less than 1% that it will ever happen naturally! Life Happens! We can't explain it and it has happened before! that is why when your tubes are tied you will never get a 100% success rate, because life has a way of making it. God has plans we can't control! IVF is the better option, but if someone tells you that it is impossible they are misinformed! Talk many specialists, and don't get your information on blogs, they are NOT fact! Good Luck to all! PRAY! it works!

I had my left fallopian tube removed a year and a half ago for an ectopic pregnancy and I am now naturally pregnant at 7 weeks! My ultrasound tech as well as my doctors are completely baffled because it shows on ultrasound that I ovulated from my left side!! It does happen! And thanks for giving me answer...I figured it was less than 1% of a chance. But none the less, still possible. :)

We appreciate everyone's view points but from a scientific point of view when it comes to how our bodies function we can explain things, and not all women believe in any kind of God.

Your information is incorrect, there is not a 1% chance of pregnancy for women who are trying, it's actually more like a 20% chance every time she has sex (under the age of 35). IVF is not a faith-based entity, it's technology at it's most scientific! Prayer and positive thinking are enormously helpful to many women but there needs to be real facts and information along with it.

Pregnancy is not "extremely rare, naturally" at all. Where are you getting this kind of information?

Anonymous

hi there my girlfriend has had both tubes removed and has an extended period for wondering could she be pregant

Christine Jeffries (reply to Anonymous)

The surest way to know if she is pregnant is if she misses a period, and if she takes a pregnancy test (home test, or she can request one from her doctor). Good luck and hope you get the result you are looking for.

Anonymous

Thanks for your kind words, Pat! My husband and I are currently saving for another IVF cycle and hoping to one day be blessed with another baby :)

Anonymous

Hello ladies! I'm new to this so please bare with me :)
In 2003 I gave birth to my beautiful daughter at the age of 21 and she was conceived naturally with no underlying issues. My boyfriend at the time (now husband) and I were very happy with our life. We tried to conceive again when our daughter turned 18 months but we were unsuccessful. After about 9 months of active trying, I finally decided to make an appt. with my OBGYN. He did an HSG dye x-ray where he injected radioactive dye into my cervix which in theory should show whether or not my tubes were open and my uterus didn't have any abnormalities in it. although my uterus looked normal, my tubes were completely blocked! It was then that I found out that I not only have PCOS (diagnosed at 14 years old) but that I also had Endometriosis and because of that, my tubes were affected negatively. Well, my husband and I were completely heartbroken. Both tubes were filled with toxic fluid and expanded beyond belief! My OBGYN called this a Hydrosalpinx. Needless to say, he told me that both my tubes would need to be removed in order to become pregnant again - through IVF only. Long story short - we went through an IVF cycle in July of 2007. It failed. We haven't been able to afford another cycle as it cost us upwards of $10,000 and it's not in any way funded so we payed out of our own pockets...
I have read here that there are women who have experienced pregnancies conceived naturally but I have such a hard time believing how that's possible when there's no tubes for fertilizing to take place?!?! I want to believe it's possible - that anything's possible! - but it's definitely easier said than done. Thanks for allowing me to share my unfortunate story with you all... it feels better to talk about it, finally! Good luck to all of you!!

Pat Elliott (reply to Anonymous)

Thanks for writing and sharing your story, which is heartbreaking. We're glad it helped you to talk about it and your comments will also help other women. We wish you and your family the best. Pat

Anonymous

It is called an ovarian pregnancy. Both fallopian tubes have been removed and I go back to my obgyn this tuesday for another check-up. It was my decision to leave the baby in there for the duration. I am having no complications and it feels like any other normal pregnancy. Btw this will be baby #4.

hunny01 (reply to Anonymous)

hi im new to this site .did you get pregnant with no tubes but still got your ovaries ,im desperate to have a baby i myself have no tubes and cannot afford ivf. i have seen post on here ladys saying they have got pregnant without no tubes and ivf .hope you can help

Cary Cook BSN RN (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for writing, and the best of luck to you.

luckycharm

hi im 35 years old and my husband 38..i have a child in my previous relationship and she is now 9 years old.I had been together with my husband almost 7 years now.We been trying to concieve for 3 years last year 2009 i had a 3weeks period delayed for first time and i had visited my new obygyne and i had pregnancy test but it was [-].And we decided to have fertility checked up, and my new doc had checked my hormones ,and etc.Doc said it was alright.And we try IUI for first time and that day my doc ultrasound me and she said ,my 2tubes was blocked with fluids but we still continue my IUI at that day i feel so angry ....and then my IUI was did not work...after 3months i decided to see a new obygyne and my 7 days period she given me a HSG oh its was so bad and i cant walked properly that day she checked me...but it was good thing too.. she explained me and i saw in monitor how they put the dye water in my tubes it was just bubling and doc was said your 2fallopian tubes are all blocked with fluids and it was swollen.
My doc was told me i have 2 options,one was to open it and clean up my two tubes but doc said it is risk and i can have normal pregnant but the result will be ectopic pregnancy...2nd option is they need 2 tubes removed it and after that I have IVF,doc said my 2 ovaries was good and i have alot of eggs and my uterus also good...Its hard to decide but we wanted to have another baby...please can you help me and support me with my situations...thanks and advance

hopes and wishes (reply to luckycharm)

hi there i was the same a good few years ago i was told at 24 i needed both my tubes removed, but i think it was better than to try and flush them as not only a chance of ectopic but lots of other infections, i have opted for the ivf route, its hard but one day worth it. i read in a magazine a bit ago that a girl got pregnant without fallopian tubes, not sure how true it was, at first when they get removed i kept doing pregnancy tests, sounds stupid but i just wished i was and any sort of feeling or sore boobs i was sure i must be, i have learn t to deal with it now, hope you decided whats best for you

mel
x

Pat Elliott (reply to luckycharm)

Hi luckycharm - What you've described is heartbreaking. Thanks for taking the time to share your situation. Right now you're bound to still be reeling from the information, trying to absorb it, and in a bit of shock. Your frame of mind isn't really the best for making such an important decision. While this is really important to you it's also important to give this a bit of time to sink in and to do your own research on the options you've been given. To do that it will help you to know the clinical terms that your doctor used for the medical conditions that are affecting you. You may also want to see yet another doctor for another opinion before making any decisions.

Basically, take a bit of time to absorb the situation; find out more about your choices and take the time to be sure that you and your husband are both very comfortable with your decision. I sincerely hope this helps you and you'll stay in touch. We wish your family the best. Pat

luckycharm (reply to Pat Elliott)

hi pat thanks for your reply ...its really help alot that somebody like you can given me support me via messages thank you very much for the time you given...by the way pat im on waiting for my husband back home he is right now in europe for business trip...he needs to know everthing whats going on with me,Yes you right i will looking for another doctor to give me another option for my situation...oh by the way i have an appointment with my doc this sept 8 and i bring my husband with me..thanks again for your time....i will keep in touch..bye for now

tag (reply to Pat Elliott)

Thank you Pat, i will have a read through and keep my fingers crossed x x
Tag

tag

I am 29 and just had a second ectopic which resulted in the removal of my second tube. I am absolutly devastated by what has happened in the last seven months. I had my first ectopic dec 2009. I have a 5 year old daughter and cant believe how this has happened as my first pregnancy was perfect. Is it possible for the nhs to fund ivf?

spowell

Hello,I'm new so bare with me,
Ive had my left fallopian tube removed in 1998 due to a ectopic prgnancy they had to remove the whole tube, and I tied to conceive in 2007 and they did laparscopy which indicated my last left tube was damaged and they sd it was damaged from fluid overload(which i still have questions) but unfortunately my doctor passed away...so her I am left with questions and everyone always says oh it's ok you can get invitro but for some reason I never see to have gotten over it and I'm always feeling like its just so unfair and expensive for something that should come so natrual...I guess I'm just ot over the hard part fully. i feel so broke...and I'm 29 so I get to sit and watch all my friends get prgenant and have babies...It's very hard they just say someday you will have it...I dont think they understand...ANYWAY lol...I'm just lost trying to find comfort and ppl thatare going threw what I am...Thanks and good luck to all of you who are doing invitro!!

Anonymous

I have just had my 2nd ectopic pregnancy and have now lost both my tubes and am absolutly devastated, just wondering if there is anyone who has gotten pregnant with no tubes as my consultant said that the tubes can heal open but is only a 1% chance :-(

tmnm20041 (reply to Anonymous)

I have had both of my tubes removed as well. I have not gotten pregnant. But, I do know several women that have had their tubes removed due to tubal pregnancies and they have gotten pregnant and they were successful. Their kids are now 3, 5, 10, 2, and 6. This is five women with no tubes that got pregnant. So, yes it is possible to get pregnant without your tubes. Hang in there and keep trying. Don't let others discourage you. Also (name removed) does IVF for $8,000. I hope this helps with any concerns. I have two boys and have had five pregnancies, two tubals and a premature birth. I plan to use income tax return to pay for an IVF in 2011 if I don't not get pregnant before then.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to tmnm20041)

Hi tmnm

I have never known anyone to get pregnant without their tubes unless they have had IVF and you know five women who have!

Do you belong to a support group for women going through this - is this how you know so many women? What have they said about how they got pregnant? I'd love to know more!
~Susan

No, I am not in a support group of any kind. I work in a type of business where I know a lot of people and we talk everyday. We have over two hundred valets that work each day. Two of these women I am very close friends with and the other three are aquintances at work. They got pregnant naturally and wasn't even trying after having tubal pregnancies and having to have their tubes removed. No help what so ever from doctors, IVF, or fertility drugs. The doctors have told them that as long as there's an opening from the ovaries to the utarus there is always a chance to get pregnant. I hope this helps you and any others.

I have just had my second ectopic and now have no tubes and before leaving the hospital the consultant told me the same thing, that if it heals open there is a chance of a future pregnancy but it was a slim chance. I am hoping this would happen before going through ivf next year when i have saved enough for the treatment...

Alison Beaver (reply to Anonymous)

I am so sorry.

Are you interested in learning about your possibilities to conceive without fallopian tubes in other ways? Women need their fallopian tubes to conceive; that is where the egg is fertilized. There are some procedures that are very effective, including IVF (in-vitro fertilization), if you are interested in learning more.

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

I would be very greatful for any information that you may have. I have found it so hard to come to terms with.
Is it also true that IVF on the NHS is not available for people with children as i already have a daughter of 5...

Thank you.

Anonymous

(Name removed by EmpowHER Moderator.)

Anonymous

I am amazed at the stories I am reading on here!! I was just doing some research on why I still have a regular period if I don't have my fallopian tubes and only half an ovary. Is it really true women have conceived naturally with NO fallopian tubes? My Dr told me the chances were null. So are there really women who truly have, or are they just mean people trying to give hope? I can't find truly REAL stories of women who have gotten pregnant naturally without fallopian tubes. I am lucky that after I had mine removed, I conceived my daughter with IVF, first time. I have come to terms that she will be an only child as I cannot afford another round of IVF, but there is still that little nag in my mind for a second child. Just to know that their is a chance, no matter how small, is something. So, is it true?

I am happy to have found this site!! Here is my story, I had a tubal ligation where both tubes were cut, burned and barried into my abdominal wall 7 years ago. 3 months ago I found out I was pregnant, then found out the pregnancy implanted into my cervix. I lost the baby and two weeks ago I went in for a lap with dye to find out excatly how I conceived. No dye came out anywhere at all and the tubes and still cut and not re attached. The doctor says he is not able to explain how I conceived. He also said it was prob one out of million chance that I conceived and he says I prob won't ever conceive again. Since it happened once, can it happen again?

Ohhh..the last post belongs to me..my name is Tammy

Alison Beaver (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Tammy,
That does sound like a less than one-in-a-million chance of conceiving in that manner; I'm not sure how that would happen, either.

I will see what we can find out for you!

(I'm not sure if you are in a joking-state-of-mind, but as my friend would say with instances like this: have you bought a lottery ticket!?) :-)

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

Yeah, I bought a ticket. lol....Thank you for checking into it for me because in the end there has to be a explanation. It was kind of funny to see the doctor scratch his head and say well maybe it was a cyst..I said ohh heck no! We both saw the sac on the ultrasound , don't even try it doc lol

ishouldbuyalotto (reply to Anonymous)

Ok...I officially registered and you helped me chose my screen name lol...this is Tammy, from the previous post. Soo....even though my situation as of yet has no explanation, I can proudly say a yes that I got pregnant with no fallopian tubes. I can't wait to hear how this could happen.

Arlyne35 (reply to ishouldbuyalotto)

Hi Tammy. I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone on this one. I had al
Kst the same exact thing happen to me. I had my tubes cut and burned after my 2nd child and now I have 3 children. I saw 3 doctors during my last pregnancy and all 3 were baffled and couldn't explain to me why this was happening. After doing some research, the doctor said my tubes had not reconnected and were still burned ( exactly how they should be) so he couldn't tell me how the egg traveled to my uterus. So yes, I can say that somehow you can still conceive without your tubes.

Alison Beaver (reply to ishouldbuyalotto)

Tammy,
Great to hear from you, and I am so glad you were able to receive my joke well...I couldn't resist and was afraid it was inappropriate. Love the username.

I am sending your question out, to find an expert who may be able to explain this phenomenon. Hopefully we will hear back, soon!

Take care,
Alison

dvine (reply to Alison Beaver)

HI Alison, I really like your sense of humor so I decided to ask you for a little assistance. I want this post where other people can read it but I'm not sure if I'm replying in the right method for that LOL, anyway. I have had both of my tubes removed due to complete blockage. When I had the dye contrast procedure done my tubes were so blocked no dye came out and as a matter of fact my Obgyn called in another doctor just to make sure what she was looking at were actually my tubes b/c she had never seen any so enlarged. I had numerous symptoms and complications that were eventually (1 yr later) found to be a result of APS (Anti Phosphilipid syndrome). I have sense then taken the blood thinners needed to treat the APS. Recently I have had nausea, bloating, mood swing and breast tenderness. My doctor assured me that I would not be able to get pregnant without IVF b/c only what she referred to as the "stump" of my tubes were left. I am wondering from the things that I have read if my sticky blood composition due to the APS may have allowed a way for my eggs to travel and allow me to get pregnant. I sounds silly but also possible.
I recently lost my insurance so it would be my luck that it would happen now if it were possible LOL. Can you please give me some insight and just let me know if I'm a crazy person or is it a possibility?

Thanks for your Time,
Dvine

Anonymous (reply to dvine)

Hi all,

I would like to have hope after reading some of these posts but find it hard to as I too have had both my tubes removed, one and tube in 1995 from a twisted ovarian cyst and the other when I was 21 weeks pregnant in 2007. I was to go straight into menopause (because of removal of remaining ovary as well) upon delivery of my daughter and didn't. Three months post partum, I started getting my period again. Went to my doctor for my six month check up, scratching her head she said without my ovaries I should not be getting periods. Sent me for vag. ultrasound, blood work and an MRI, no one found any ovaries or tubes. So my husband and I started seeing a doctor for IVF so we could have another baby (since I still have my uterus I can still carry a baby)... well I was talked into checking for an ovary just one last time because of the continuance of a regular monthly period...a minute or so into the vag. ultrasound much to my surprise the tech says, oh you most def. have a piece of an ovary...which explained the periods and non menopausal blood work results. I have 2/3 of my left ovary left from the surgery that I had when I was pregnant. I have to believe my little blessing saved my ovary. So we have since started the IVF process trying to use my own eggs, long story short, since I have no tubes, I won't be conceiving naturally, and since my ovary was damaged in the surgery I cannot make enough follies to have a baby of my own so we have to move onto donor eggs. I pray and pray for a miracle that I would be able to conceive another baby naturally but since I don't even have a piece of a tube (which my doctor told me that it could happen with just a piece of a tube) that won't happen. So we will continue to try an IVF cycle with a donor and pray for success that way. Good luck to you all but I am choosing not to give myself any false hopes as this road to failed conception after conception is emotionally draining.

Alison Beaver (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for sharing your story! We wish you success with IVF and a donor egg, and are happy to hear that you have a (three?) year old daughter already.

Please let us know how you are doing!

ishouldbuyalotto (reply to Alison Beaver)

Thank you Alison...It seems of the women who have had this same occurance no one has been able to give a answer. Soo..if you get a expert who is able to answer this you will be the super women! lol...Heck..I am even willing to be a test subject to find out why..it would help so so many women to find out and to understand how this has occured.

Tammy

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to ishouldbuyalotto)

Hi Tammy!

I received a note from our expert and unfortunately he is unable to give you an answer due to the nature (meaning, very unusual) of what happened to you.

He suggests that only doctors who have treated you and with extensive knowledge of your medical history may be able to pinpoint what happened for you but if they cannot, the answer may be one of those rare medical mysteries we read about.

I'm sorry we cannot give you something definitive here on EmpowHer but bear in mind that this does not mean you will never get an answer. It could happen down the road, during some kind of routine exam or procedure, or when your doctors know more.

We wish you the very best and if (when!) you do find out the reason - please let us know! We think you could help many women by sharing your story.

Hi, I'm 27 yeas old and I have 3 kids after my 3rd child I had my tubes tied, then later I became pregnat and had an etopic pregnacys wich ruptued, they removed both tubes have now missed my period for 4 days now... my period is always normal and never late what does this mean? I also took a pregnacy test wich was negative is it to early to tell or cokd I possibly be pregnat?

Sarena

Diane Porter (reply to Anonymous)

Sarena,

If you are four days late for your period, a home pregnancy test would be able to detect a pregnancy by now. HPTs detect the pregnancy hormone HCG in your urine, and the fact that your test was negative mean it didn't find any HCG. My guess would be that something has your hormones a bit out of balance this month -- have you started or stopped any new medications? Has it been a very stressful month for you? Any big changes in your diet or exercise or daily life? All those can cause enough stress to get our cycles a little off every once in a while. Because your test was negative, I am guessing that you are just late, and that your period will show up in the next few days. Try not to fret too much about it, as worry and stress can delay it even more. Does that help?

Anonymous (reply to Diane Porter)

Thank you for you response, yes that does help but there haven't been any changes this month I'm not take any medications or under anymore stress than the usual stress. I will just wait it out its just really weird because my period has been on the same day for the past year.

Diane Porter (reply to Anonymous)

Anon,

It's been a few days --- how are you? Any change?

ishouldbuyalotto (reply to Susan Cody)

Susan, thank you very much for gettting back with me and if and when I do find out I will def post it on here!!!!! I know so many women are wanting a defining answer so I will update if anything changes. Thank you again, Tammy

Anonymous

is it any thing u can do other then the ivf cause its so high

As stated in the posts beforehand, IVF is generally the only option.

Are you trying to conceive? If IVF is not a possibility, would you consider adoption? Unfortunately that way is also expensive but really worth it. What do you think?

misvives HERWriter Guide

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your question. In most cases, there is little possibility of becoming pregnant without help (IVF) without fallopian tubes. If you read the other posts on here, some women have become pregnant naturally so I guess the answer is possibly. Have you tried a pregnancy test?

Anonymous

Hi my name is sarah jones i have had both my tubes removed 1 due to eptopic pregnancy and the other due to a cyst i have a beautiful baby through ivf and was feeling symtoms as if i am pregnant i know it is meant to be impossible but i feel it i have not taken a test as i would feel pretty stupid as i know that it is not supposed to happen. i feel really pregnant having many symtoms of pregnancy do u think i could in fact be pregnant naturally. i am urinating frequently and also i feel tired all the time, want food to eat when i eat i feel sick cannot stomach no more need your advice please..

Hi Sarah, did you take a pregnancy test? have you gotten your period?

Anonymous

you will get pregnant but with IVF that is in vitro fertilization. The reason is because there is no fallopian tube in which egg and sperm will join.

Anonymous

You can with IVF. I lost both of my tubes because of two eptopics and I am a very proud mommy of healthy triplets (took 2 IVF cycles).

Diane Porter (reply to Anonymous)

Congratulations to you, Anon!! What a wonderful thing for you to share. I know you'll make a lot of different to those who read this thread.

Anonymous

I am 35 years old and had an ectopic pregnancy in 1994, it burst and I had an emergency surgery that took my left tube and a portion of my right tube because the burst was so bad the doctors told me that it would be a 99% chance I would not be able to conceive. A year later I was pregnant with my son, 2 years later I was pregnant with my daughter and 2 years after that I had another son. I became pregnant again after 2 years and it was another ectopic in which they had to remove the half of tube. I want another baby and was told I would have to do the IVF I can not afford the surgery but heard of many woman getting pregnant without the surgery. No one is really sure how our bodies work except the one that created it So, I want to trust in the LORD and pray for all the woman in the same situation and hope we all get what we are after!

Anonymous

hi i am 26 and want to post some hope out for some women...i have had 2 eptopic pregnancies..1 ruptured my seft tube so it was completley removed and the 2nd a begged and pleaded 4 another option and so the sliced and flushed my remaining tube...i have also had 5 miscarages but have a beautiful 5 yearold daughter...i would like to say that i am currently 10 weeks pregnant (not ivf) the drs told me that my chances of having anothe eptopic were 90%...well ive had a scan and my litttle bub is in the right place. What i am confused about is the guy doin the ultrasound said that this egg has come from my left ovary! I dont have my left tube! how is this possible? i

Diane Porter (reply to Anonymous)

Anon,

Congratulations over and over again! So happy for you that you were able to achieve pregnancy and that it's developing exactly where it should!

As far as the technician doing your ultrasound, he may have just been reacting to what he saw on the screen -- perhaps the fertilized egg implanted itself in your uterus closer to the opening for your left fallopian tube than the opening for your right one. Did the doctor confirm what the technician said?

Anonymous

I have had two eptopic pgs. The doc removed my right tube and 6 inches of the left tube. My question is how long is the tubes? and since i have my monthly then will I ever havea chance to get pregnant again without invito? and if so should it be more easier since i was on infertility meds before?Please answer asap.

Diane Porter (reply to Anonymous)

Anon, every individual is different, but all the references to the length of the fallopian tubes that I found estimate them to be about 10-11 centimeters (4 inches) long. Could it be possible that he said he removed 6 centimeters instead of 6 inches? If that is the case, then you would have perhaps 4-5 centimeters left.

The fact that you still have your period means that your ovaries are still releasing eggs and your uterus is still building up a lining in case it receives a fertilized egg. But without functioning fallopian tubes, it's a near-certainty that you would need IVF to conceive again. Clearly, it's possible, since there are a couple of women on this thread who have experienced it. But it's a very small chance.

The infertility meds you took before -- do you remember what they were?

Anonymous

thank you forthe replies it was orignally a question on if i could have been pregnant dueto mymedical history as apparently the ends of the tubes where possibly only tiedafter part removal and so many say they could in a small percentage touch each other and join or by a miracle an egg fell into a tube at exactly the right moment i guess stranger things have happened i am 46 and only recently as isaid in last 2 weeks had the what i call more pregnancy symptoms rather than mewnopause but i assume as with a pregnancy menopause can be different in each person i have a drs appointment but is not for 2 weeks and iam worried because was told if i ever did become pregnant it would more than likely be an ectopic due to medical history but ty again still confused and worried but i will post and let you know out come of blood test with dr

Alison Beaver (reply to Anonymous)

I'm happy to hear that you are are going to the doctor in a few weeks, and please do post back to let us know how you are doing!

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

Hi my name is Nichole, I'm 29 yrs old now I had 3 children, 2 boys and a girl back in 2003 and during my c-section with my 3rd a girl back in 2003 I had my tubes clamped cut and burned. 4 years later around the end of 2007 I was feeling sick but still spotting and the flu was going around, so I went to the er for treatment and they drew blood and came back an hour later and said I was positive from the blood they drew for a pregnantcy test. I asured them they were wrong but they brought in a potable ultrasound and took a look at my tummy... They saw arms and legs moving and a head... I was 3+ months pego. after I had my 4th a baby girl they saw my tubes were stll clamped together and they were at a loss on how...Everything still looked intacked for a tubal ligation. 99.99% effective. Well I had them take out both my tubes this time and I still hear anything is possible. God is great. I must have been ment to have more then 3. Now I'm not sure what can or will happen next. I do love kids...Any one else with somewhat the same thing happen to them.. And can I still get prego? Thank you, Nichole

soldierchild (reply to Anonymous)

truelt this testimony is very encouraging to me.i regret having the same thing done and now i am asking g for healing . i have faith that i will conceive.

Hi there I'm 33yrs old had my tubes tied 8yrs ago after my second daughter was born. Just last year i became pregnant. All i could think was wow!! how did this happen? I lost the baby after 3months so i decided to go in and have my tubes removed cause i could not live throught losing another child. Now I get a little freaked if my period is late. Im crossing my fingers this does not happen again. But my Dr. has reassured me that i can not get pregnant, so Im trusting her that this will not happen. But after reading some of these thing that have happned to other woman, Im still a little unsure.

Christine Jeffries (reply to Anonymous)

I completely understand your concern. You think you have had a permanent procedure done, and then find out that it doesn't always work. I'm sorry you had to go through losing a child. I know first hand how heart-wrenching it is. From what I have read, tubal ligation is roughly 99% effective at preventing an egg and sperm from meeting and fertilizing. That does mean that in 1% of women who have the procedure done, the tubes attempt to repair themselves, and the woman may be able to conceive. If you are very concerned, you may want to use a backup birth control method to assure no chance of getting pregnant.
Let us know if you need further support.

Hi Nichole. I had to reply to this thread because I had the exact same thing happen to me. I am 31 and also had my tubes cut and burned after my 3rd child. 2 years later I was pregnant again with baby #4. She was also a little girl. I also had my tubes removed during the c-section with her. I am still worried about pregnancy even though it is nearly impossible. God is great and we never know what he has planned for us. Thank you for sharing. I feel better knowing I am not the only one that this has happened to. Just curious, have you had any pregnancy scares since having your tubes removed? My daughter is only 4 weeks old and I am scared to death about getting pregnant again. The doctors tell me there is no way, but I have been told that before and am not really convinced.

Arlyne35 (reply to Anonymous)

Hey guys. My name is Arlyne. I'm 30 yrs old, and I have 3 kids. After I had my 2nd child my husband and I decided to get my tubes tied. We had our girl first then our boy and we were happy with 2 kids. I had a c-section and a month later I went back and had my tubes cut and burned. 2 yrs later, we found out that I was pregnant again with a little girl. Which under the circumstances we named her Angelina because she was definitely our little miracle. During another c-section with her, I had my tubes totally removed. And come to find out that the previous procedure was done correctly because everything was still intact and the doctor could clearly see that the tubes were still cut and burned. My husband has also gotten a vasectomy because we really wanted to be sure that this can't happen again. Well, here we are almost 4 yrs later and I am 5 days late with my period. I've been getting the cramps, backaches, and headaches that I usually get but just no period. I just started getting a new symptom today. When I am pregnant, I usually get a really quizzy feeling when I brush my teeth. I'm getting nervous! I have read that you can't get pregnant with no tubes and a vasectomy, but given my past, I still have it in the back of my mind that it could be. Any advice?

Christine Jeffries (reply to Arlyne35)

Hi Arlyne35,
Have you taken a pregnancy test? Apart from getting your period that (as you know) is the surest way to tell if you are pregnant.
Hope you get the result you are looking for, and let us know what happens.
Warmest regards,
Christine

Diane Porter (reply to Anonymous)

Nichole

What an amazing story! Clearly that little girl was meant to be born!!

Normally, I would have to say to you that if your tubes were cut, clamped and burned, and if none of that had changed, and then if you had them taken out totally, that the chances of you becoming pregnant were just practically nonexistent. But I think in your case, I better be careful, I think!!!\

To be pregnant, SOMEHOW sperm MUST get to an egg. If you still have your ovaries and they are still releasing eggs into your system, I suppose that one of them could somehow find its way to your uterus and to a sperm. I mean, it sounds ridiculous to even write it, but clearly, it happened before for your fourth girl. 99.99% effective is pretty darned high, but i guess there's always that .01%, right? I'm glad you love kids!!

Anonymous (reply to Diane Porter)

Diane, Thank you for your reply. No one really can tell me for sure what could happen, I always get no, no, no, never gonna happen. But I always here those once in a lifetime chances. But I already had a wonderful once in a lifetime chance miracle happen to me and I'm wondering if it can happen twice. If it does you might see me on the news ~ya never know~ Thank you so much for your time, Nichole P.S My husband did say "goodness your so moody latley". "You did get your period right?" I about wanted to thump him on the head. But at least we have exusess for being moody, they don't have any, they are always moody for all reasons and no reasons......

Anonymous

dont get night sweats or hot flashes, i wiped it was pink thats all i had, my periods have been irregular for over a yr but when they come they are heavy never like that so i could have missed upto 2 periods, last one i had was normal and heavy.........my toilet habits have changed as they did when i was pregnant with my son but he was ivf so could have been different

Alison Beaver (reply to Anonymous)

Your new information does change the story, then, if you may have missed up to two periods! Your changing "toilet habits" would make sense, as if you are pregnant, you would definitely be experiencing some pregnancy symptoms. Frequent urination can also be a sign of a urinary tract infection, so it may be worth a call to your doctor to tell them that you have missed either 1 or 2 periods, and are urinating frequently.

I just read your original question (I think it is you...it is hard to follow with your posting anonymously or without signing with a name at the end of your post), and read that you are wondering if these are signs of menopause (rather than pregnancy). (I assumed your question was regarding pregnancy, as is part of the "am i pregnant" thread. Your question is worthy of it's OWN space and discussion, if you would like to post it...just click on the orange ASK button on the COMMUNITY page).

How old are you? You may be going through perimenopause if you are in your 40s, and you may want to take a home pregnancy test just to rule this out. We can definitely talk with you more about this!

Anonymous

i had 2 ectopic prgnancies 20 yrs ago, i had top half of 1 tube and bottom half of another tube removed dr told me its not impossible to get pregnant but improbable............what are the odds of a pregnancy as i have symptoms i had when i was pregnant with my son 13 yrs ago, or could this be the onset of menopause

Diane Porter (reply to Anonymous)

Anon, the odds of a pregnancy would be tiny. Teeny tiny. Without either fallopian tube connecting your ovary to your uterus, there's just no foreseeable way that an egg could make the journey. However, strange things sometimes happen! What are the symptoms you are experiencing? Are you late with your period? Tender breasts? Bloating?

LIZAMAC (reply to Diane Porter)

Firstly your fallopian tubes are not connected to the ovary they are connected to the uterus.

So I guess if there is an opening to the womb there must be some chance that the egg will make it in all be it small i guess.

But stranger things could happen. I have lost both my tubes due to ectopics, one natural conception and one IVF so i have no tubes at all. I would love to hear from anyone who has got pregnant with no tubes.

thanks

texas7777 (reply to LIZAMAC)

I have seen many blogs of women who have stated that they conceived without either tube. I do beleive that all things are possible . I myself have no tubes due to etopic pregnancy and one ovary. I would like to know if you are saying that you conceived without any tubes one time naturally.

Anonymous (reply to Diane Porter)

lower back pain, stomach pain lower (dull ache) weight gain, ihad a small show about a week ago but nothing elsehas appeared and when ido get my periods they are normally heavy for about 4 or 5days, i get hot but not what all describe as hot flashes and i dont get night sweats, if i lay downat night on my side there is aheavy feeling in my stomach i emlty my bladder before igo to bed every night religerously yet last few weeks ihave beenwaking up at about 330 to 4am to have to go to the toilet.

Alison Beaver (reply to Anonymous)

The symptoms you describe can be many different things: pre-menstrual syndrome due to upcoming period, pregnancy, constipation, bloating/gas, upset stomach, hormonal changes....

Have you missed your period? If so, how late is your period? What is the "small show" that you had---was this light bleeding or spotting? How long did it last?

Many/most women do not have early pregnancy symptoms until after a missed period. Lower stomach pain, weight gain and full bladder do not occur in pregnancy until much later in the pregnancy; hot flashes and night sweats are typically signs of premenopause, menopause or other hormonal changes.

Anonymous

I had one of my fallopian tubes removed and half of the other one and I would like to know if there is a chance of me getting pregnant without invitro?

I had one fallopian tube removed then had half of the other removed and was told i'd need ivf, fortunately after 7 years I got pregnant without medical intervention. So there is hope and it is possible

Diane Porter (reply to Anonymous)

Hi, Anon, and thank you very much for your question.

Without at least one fully functioning fallopian tube, there isn't any way for an egg to reach the uterus. I am assuming that after your surgery, the end of the half fallopian tube was either cauterized or banded or both? Is that correct?

With that in mind, you would need to use in vitro to get pregnant. The egg and sperm have to have somewhere to meet so that the egg can be fertilized before it's implanted in your uterus. Without the other half of that remaining fallopian tube, it seems impossible that this could ever happen naturally.

What did your doctor tell you at the time of your surgery?

Anonymous

hi my wife had both tubes removed because it was infected with tuberculosis but her ovaries and uterus are normal and healthy,but the doctor told that she has to be in medication for another 8 months to remove the infection caused by the tuberculosis. can she conceive thru ivf and what is the success rate for IVF her age is 25.

I'm sorry they had to remove both her tubes. I'm very glad to hear your wife's tuberculosis is being treated.

IVF success rates at 25 are generally excellent. The Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART) tracks the success rates of most infertility clinics across the country. You can find this information as http://www.sart.org/frame/detail.aspx?id=3893. As you review this information please remember the most fertile man and woman have a 20% chance of conceiving the old fashion way.

If you don't have insurance coverage to cover this procedure, I hope you will visit the Fertility Within Reach website, www.fertilitywithinreach.org.

Best wishes to you both,
Davina
Fertility Within Reach

Pat Elliott (reply to Anonymous)

Anon - Yes, as long as your wife has her uterus and ovaries she may be able to get pregnant via IVF treatments.

Pregnancy Questions And Answers has information on this including a chart and 'map' of the reproductive system to help you understand further.
http://www.pregnancyquestionsandanswers.com/questions/qu_480-both-my-fal...

Anonymous

I had BOTH my tubes removed... Just took a pregnancy test because I'm over a week late.....and it's positive. This is crazy!

U got pregnant on own without ivf n u dont have either tubes? Plz ypdate me n let mw know how this happened!! andreasisco@ymaul.com

So, is everything ok?

i would really like to know more because i want to have another baby but i had both my tubes removed and i was told i couldnt have a baby unless i did ivf. so how did you do it

OMg ! I took a pregnancy test and mines is positive i havent went to the doctor yet but my test was positive i had my tubes removed too! did you ever find out if you were really pregnant!

Well, I would have thought everyone was crazy but the same thing is happening to me! I had two ectopic pregnancy ruptures and two surgeries. I have one ovary. After all of that I went through IVF and have an 18 month son now. I am a month late and didn't even think to take a test because I can't be pregnant, right? Well, I took two tests and they are both positive. Of course, after my emergency surgeries, I am thinking the worst but I don't physically understand this because I have no tubes. What ever came of your test? I go tomorrow morning...

I really don't think this person is telling the truth. I wish it were because it would give me a bit of hope.

please let me know if you are pregnant just had my tubes removed between a 6 months grace period so im very fertile

i have had two tubes remove at age 26 now im 32 i would love to be pregant but afraid to go for ivf it would be nice to happen naturally

MzCarmenMarie (reply to Anonymous)

I had 2 ectopic pregnancies as well within the past 6 months and I am dieing to know if it is possible to have kids without IVF. I have very good insurance with United Healthcare but I want to have my babies naturally... I have almost lost hope tho with all these stories I have read.

Hi, I read the comment you posted a few years ago about getting pregnant after having both of your fallopian tubes removed...That is amazing and a blessing...I've had two ectopic pregnancies and was told I can only get pregnant if I have a IVF procedure ...Is this true? how did your pregnancy turn out? please reply cause I would love your feedback...Thank you!

I tooo had this happen. I had both tubes removed and then I was late on a period(having no clue I could ever be pregnant) and I just brushed it off. Well a week later I had started to spot not like a regular period and grew concerned. I was cramping (not normal period cramps) I went to the ER thinking the worse. They come back and tell me I am pregnant. I had a normal healthy child. They were in disbelief of how the egg could have made it to my uterus. If it is ment to happen it will. I already had 2 children so I wasn't really desiring more but I was ment to have him. He is my miricle baby and his middle name is Destin. Due to he was destiny that brought him to us. Good luck to everyone......but it can happen!!!

TW-GA (reply to Anonymous)

I too am going through this exact same situation and it's got me baffled. I had both tubes removed in December 2007 due to a ruptured, tubal pregnancy at work. I have not been using birth control because I didn't see the need to do so, after being told that I can't have children anymore. Nevertheless, I recently missed my period in August of this year, and it's now September, still no period. All the while, I'm having morning sickness, tender breasts, abdomen expanding & waistline disappearing, sick after everything I eat, anytime of the day or night and last, cramping and light spotting. I'm hesitant about going to the Doctor because am afraid of the obvious. I already have 5 children, in which 3 of them are adults and the other 2 are teenagers. I'm optimistic about this because I keep hoping my period will come any day. To all the ladies that read this, nothing is too hard for God. If something is meant for you, it will come to pass....for those who want children, keep the faith, it can happen.

Hopeful1974 (reply to TW-GA)

Thank you, I just had my tubes removed Friday and m life has been disappointing. I no longer feel
Like a woman. I have one child, but I desired another experience to bear a child. This is comforting to say the least. My tears of pain are constantly flowing.

rowdynsissy2011 (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Anonymous!! Please tell me you really got pregnant w/out fallopian tubes naturally!!!! My husband and I got pregnant on our own in 2007, it was ectopic and both tubes were removed (one carrying the pregnancy and the other mangled). We have been through 4 IVF cycles (all failed) w/out explanation from the specialists. Our insurance only paid for 4 in a life time and I was told that even if you switched insurances those 4 counted. Well we switched and I called and asked just out of curiousity and they will cover 4 more cycles. I talked to my husband about it and he said NO!!!! He doesn't want to see me go through all of the shots, hurt, surgery, and pain again. He said it is just too much. I am 31 and he is 44. I am crushed and feel so confused, but reading your post gives me hope that if God wants me pregnant, it will happen w/out assistance. Please write me back so I can get more info if you are willing to share, GOD BLESS!!!

Anonymous (reply to rowdynsissy2011)

What insurance company?

I am so ecstatic to read this. I had both of my tubes removed back in 2006 and now my husband really wants another child. We have been praying and speaking the word of God over our lives and our bodies. Although I completely trust God, it's really refreshing to read that this indeed has happened after hearing so many others tell us that it is impossible. God is the creator of life and that's all I choose to believe! Congratulations on your son!

Did they explain how it happened. I had 2 children and when I was trying for my 3rd I had to tubal preg both resulting in removal of both tubes. As soon as I recovered from the procedures I did one cylce of IVF (my insurance paid all but $3000 Blue Cross Blue Shields PPO) and had a healthy boy. So I have three kids and every month wish for a miricle of getting pregnant, but so far no luck. However this months I am 5 days late. I have been right on time since I stopped nursing my youngest. I am wondering if it is possible. And how they explained it, because all the Docs tell me no way could I get pregnant without doing IVF again.

How did u get the insurance company to pay for it? I also have the same insurance and they only cover most of my drugs in WI. Y?

whyvatte (reply to Anonymous)

I have 2 ectopic pregnancies...both tubes removed
Awwwww you have given me hope
:)

Wow that is a Blessing. I am so sad about having my fallopian tubes removed and I am thinking that I can't have children without the expensive IVF procedure. You have given me a new hope !

Hi, Can you please let me know if you had a baby without the tubes, because I am late on my cycle without my tubes. I already have three kids...
Please let me know

hi, im also the same, im 27 iv got 3 boys age 4, 7 and 9, iv had 12 miscarrages i was sterilised october 2006 after having c-section on my last son, april this year (2010) i found out i was pregnant, but it turned out ectopic attached to the outside by my overy also 1 sac in my womb which they said they could not see the heart beat of that 1, i was sterilised again having both tubes removed doctor said about 4cm which he said is alot, i went back 3 months ago for a test which they push fluid through your womb to see the tubes, and my doctor told me the dye was leeking straight through which means i am able to get pregnant and also a good chance of having a normal pregnancy???

rose9434 (reply to Anonymous)

I would really like to talk to you. I just had my 2nd ectopic pregnancy and they removed my left tube on 10/10/09....I want to know how it is that you got pregnant with no tubes...were they completely removed or partially removed?? ...i've lost my chances of conceiving unless i do ivf which is a lot of $$$...sure hope to hear from you soon.....lots of congratulations!!!! Rosie

Anonymous (reply to rose9434)

Hi my name is carnita. I live in Ga. and i have had the same thing happen to me. i had a miscarriage then two eptopic pregnancies. I have lost both of my tubes also. I found a place in new york that does it for $5000 if you make under 50,000 in your household per year. This is the cheapest i have found. I wrote it down somewhere but don't have it on hand. You can reply if you want the info. I will find it and you can look it up.

yes i would love that address my husband and i recently just went through a third miscarriage which ended in an emergency surgery removing my last fallopian tube and ivfs are really exspensive. pleasee post the info for the clinic in georgia. thanks....desperate to start a family.

Hey my name is roshuania and i was worndering if u can give me the information about the place in NewYork.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Hi im new to this site and I have had 2 miscarriages and a laparscopy come to find out one of my tubes are blocked and the other one is to but the dr said there was room for sperm to travel. I was searching for a place that would be reasonable $$$ and if you can find out the name or address of this place in NY that will be a miracle by itself. My husband and I tried everything from monitoring my temperature to calculating ovulation and still no progress.

Check out this website they do procedures for really cheap they even have layaway plan (payment plan) if your tube is blocked http://www.tubal-reversal.net/....I did not use them though I'm currently in the process of getting ivf but if I could have taken that route that would have been the best option $$$6000 and thy have payment plans. Dr. Berger is his name Good luck

I went to Dr. Berger and had my tubes untied and had two baby boys and after my last son which I had a c-section with I had 2 ectopic pregnancies which resulted in the removal of both tubes and one ovary. Praying for a miracle that I can get pregnant naturally without IVF.

please send me that info to iimg03@gmail.com for my wife we live in ga too

hey i was reading your post and was wondering if you could pleasesend me the info on the ivf for 5,000 thanks

Hello Carnita,
I live in Pa. What is the name of the clinic in Ny. Please share. Ivf cost soooo much $$$$$$.
Thanks,
Tara

Please, please check out Dominion Fertility in Arlington VA, they are just outside DC. I had the exact same problem you are describing. I lost both my tubes to ectopic pregnancies. I under-went Natural Cycle IVF with Dr. Dimattina, it cost aroun the $5K mark. No drugs, no artifical eggs, just the one egg your body naturally selects. It worked! My son will turn 2 this weekend.

You can also see Dominion Fertility on facebook.

Good luck to all of you

Hello Carnita,
Thanks,
Tara

Hey I read ya post and I would like 2 have tht info did it work 4 u? If so how was it

Wow, well that is awesome for you. How far along are you now? How did the eggs travel without the tubes? My husband and I have been married for 3 years, and have had monagamious unprotected sex, and I have never even been close to pregnant. I was told by my doctor that unless we have an IVF procedure, we will not have children. Anyway, congratulations and let me know how it goes.

Hi I had my tubes takin out how far along are you? It gives me hope must be a miracle from god write back thanks

Alison Beaver (reply to Anonymous)

Hi (to anon, May 26, 2009 message),
It is now a month later, after your original post, and I'm wondering what the outcome of your pregnancy is? Did you have IVF or other means of becoming pregnant? Were there any complications with fully removing both of your fallopian tubes? What have your doctor(s) said to you?

Hope to hear back from you, with an update!

Is this really true? I had both my tubes removed due to multiple ectopic pregnancies. My husband and I have not used birth control for 5 years and nothing...

Alison Beaver (reply to Anonymous)

Hi,
No, you are not able to become pregnant (without assistance, such as IVF) if you do not either of your fallopian tubes. If you still have your ovaries, you may still ovulate, but the egg has no means of traveling to your uterus (via fallopian tubes).

Thanks for your question, to clarify for other women!

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

Actually, you and the first answered poster are INCORRECT!! YES, you CAN get pregnant without fallopian tubes! It is REMOTE, but it is possible. If you have your ovaries, you will still ovulate. It is correct that the egg usually needs fallopian tubes, but after you ovulate, your little egg will float around in your abdomen. It is possible for 1 sperm (it only takes one) to reach the egg and fertilize it. Now, it is a remote possibility for your fertilized egg to float into your uterus, but it is more likely that it will embed itself on the outside of your uterus. Your best and safest bet is IVF. I just wanted to clarify that it is possible.

I have only one ovary and uterus but no fallopian tubes, can I possible to become pregnant?

soldierchild (reply to Alison Beaver)

thats not true

Anonymous (reply to soldierchild)

hi just wondering if u really got preganant withouut 2 fallopian tubes.is it really possible.i had my 2 tubes removed mand icant pay for my ivf too expensive.we really wanted to have a child. hope u can give.me hope.tnx

Anonymous (reply to soldierchild)

It is possible. I too had my tubes removed after a etopic and got pg 3 times that year and a half after. 2 ended in miscarraiges but my hubby and i now have a 2 year old girl who was well worth it. Like u I was told it was not possible and was reffered to a fertility specialist. I was pg on the first appointment and switch obs to find one who would help me stay balanced with optimism and reality. She got me through it and now I am 2 moths late and worried I may be having issues again. Or miricle 2 is in the making. Good luck. We will add u to our prayers

I completely understand what you are saying about not being able to afford IVF. If you get a chance, check out www.fertilitywithinreach.org/empower-yourself. This website teaches you how to gain access to fertility treatment benefits. Good luck!

My step daughter has no fallopian tubes and is pregnant with twins!

What did u do to get pregnant without any falliopan tubes plz tell me.

this is inspiring news for me!- no tubes and pregnant? really?

tparisi (reply to Anonymous)

Not sure if you read any of my earlier posts so I don't know if this question was to me. But, if it was: yes, I have NO tubes, 1 ovary and I got pregnant naturally with my 4th child. No, they didn't all happen this way. First two pregnancies were "normal". When my 2nd child was an infant, I had a cyst on my left ovary and when it was removed, I lost my left tube and ovary. Then, I got pregnant with my 3rd. Because of scar tissue from the surgery, this was ectopic and ruptured. Then I was told I couldn't have any more (naturally). But my doctor at the time didn't remove the damaged tube. Three years after that, I was pregnant AGAIN with another ectopic pregnancy. My new doctor did the emergency surgery and finally removed the remaining damaged tube. Now, being left with 1 ovary and no tubes, I couldn't get pregnant naturally. Not wanting to end my child-bearing years on such a string of heart ache, we decided to do IVF one time. Being in my mid-30's at the time and having one ovary, we knew the odds weren't great. But, sure enough, it worked after 1 cycle. My 3rd child just turned 2 this past week. WELL, much to my surprise, after being a month late this past fall, I was indeed pregnant! Doctors were concerned about where the pregnancy was at (uterus or abdomen). So, did the sperm get out to the egg or the egg make its way in to the uterus. Well, my baby girl is in the uterus safe and sound. And I'm currently in my 32 week of pregnancy. So, while maybe remote, miracles DO indeed happen!

electrab (reply to tparisi)

hello am glad you are prgnant again but did yu have to take any medicine at all?I have had both my tubes removed due to raptured tubes but really want some advice can anybody thre help me

Anonymous (reply to tparisi)

I pray that I get this miracle happen to me and my beloved.

Anonymous (reply to tparisi)

I
I am in awe. I just had surgery 3 weeks ago. Ectopics in both sides one tubal (left side) one cornual ( right side). I lost the tubal pregnancy by myself and dr thought I was done but HCG count kept going up. Discovered cornual pregnancy 1-3% in all ectopics. I was in pieces. The dr had to perform sugrery and removed a piece of my uterus along with pregnancy and right tube. The left tube was damaged due to the ectopic. My mom said: God has his way.... Maybe He will perform a creative miracle. I am a science teacher and science tells me it's impossible but reading this now I'm not that sure anymore. I just hope I can have a creative miracle such as yours. God bless you and your baby!

Did she do IVF?

HisPrinc3ss327 (reply to Anonymous)

hi! so sad to hear ur situation same thing happen to me and my b/f nd we were reallyb trying to get pregnant. the procedure we need to take is expensive. drs. say u cant get pregnant. but leave things to God nd it could very well be possible. good luck!

Hi - thanks for your question. I am sorry to read you had to have your tubes removed due to ectopic pregnancies.

As long as you have your uterus and ovaries you may be able to get pregnant via IVF treatments but it would have to be IVF (in vitro) because your own eggs cannot travel without your fallopian tubes.

Pregnancy Questions And Answers has information custom made for you! Please click below for more details and a chart and 'map' of your reproductive system to help you understand further.

Good luck and don't give up hope!

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :