Q: 

Can IUDs cause heart palpatations or arrythmia?

I had an IUD inserted a few years ago after having my second child. Shortly after, I began having irregular heartbeat and was eventually diagnosed with SVT. After two heart surgeries and nearly two years of medications, I still had the palpatations. However, after having my IUD removed, I noticed the palpatations stopped. I know this may sound crazy, but can IUDs cause heart problems? Have other women had this experience?

Anonymous

Iam reading this feed as I have pains in my chest . I suffer from severe endometrios and was bleeding for 3 months straight . I have 3 amazing children 9,7 and 8 months . I suffered 4 devastating losses between my second and third children . The doctors as well as my husband have been pushing for the IUD to slow down the pain and bleeding for the past few months . I had the IUD placed 7/7/16 today one week later I am so naasseuos and I have such a tight feeling in my chest I know it's from this IUD ! I turned 34 yesterday and I have been on and off BC from the age of 13 to help treat my endometrios and it had never agreed with me . This is why I was so reluctant to put this stupid foreign object into my body that couldn't see nor control . I will not wait years , months or even weeks I am calling my doctor TODAY I want this thing out . And at this point they can remove my uterus all together ! I refuse to be told I am crazy for voicing my symptoms ! I know my body ! And my body says " I don't like this thing in me , take it out " !

Anonymous

I had mine inserted a week ago and I don't know if it's because of it but my chest feels kind of full a little pain and just start getting these headaches that go away for a little bit than come back what do yall think

You need to report your symptoms to your doctor as a precaution. Always report chest pain.

Anonymous

I am RN and with 7 other RN in family all loving and practicing in North America . I had thyroidectomy in 2012. So in 2014 I got pregnant and I noticed tightness on my chest which I blamed on surgery but all test proved me wrong . In 2015 after having my baby I put this marina which I believe led to a abdominal obstruction then now pneumonia pericarditis severe chest pain spoting etc several trip to ER now am I have been on sick leave for months, can't do much can't lift anything. Symptoms of well today and totally unwell next day, sad , low libido etc
I wanted to remove the iud as advised by my family but every doctor think am crazy but I just woke up today and took it off . Women should sue this company
Hope to get my life back ASAP in the name of Jesus Christ

I'm glad you took it out - no doctor has the right to decide your birth control for you. I hope you feel better quickly.

Anonymous

Yes. This happened to me. I had palpitations and was suddenly diagnosed with a heart murmur at 57. I promptly had the Meridia IUD removed and all symptoms disappeared. The doctor did not agree it was the IUD blaming it on stress. Not true!!! All back to normal. Get it out!!! ASAP. Good luck.

Hi! How long did it take for you to get back to normal

I don't know who is still following this feed so I'll answer. It took 3 days to feel relief from the palpatations, brain fog, and tensed up body. However, I was still prone to anxiety attacks for a few years afterwards, and I had never had those in my life until the IUD. I was 30 years old. My last anxiety attack was age 33.

Anonymous

Yes, it can cause it.

I work on a legal case where a woman died few hours after she got IUD inserted. Initially she was feeling unwell, then she felt irregular heartbeat and short breath before she had a heart attack.

Needless to say, she did not have any heart condition in the past and her general health was very good.

Ladies, be careful. I would not suggest having IUD.

Anonymous

Das anyone knows how long before the chest pain and all the other symptoms gone.? Please thank you