Can a period be irregular while on the pill?

I've been on the pill for 2 years now and usually when I start on my sugar pills I don't get my period till 4 days in and it usually lasts till the second active pill in my new pack. This time I got my period 4th sugar pill in but it was very heavy for two days and then stopped all together and I've had pain in what feels to be my ovary as if it would when ovulating. Is there anything I should be concerned about?

Thanks for your post.

If you are continuing to take your pills correctly then ovulation won't occur. This pain could even have been something in your digestive system. It doesn't sound concerning but if it reoccurs next month, have a chat with your doctor.