Can a pregnancy test be wrong?

I have recently married on June 4th 2011 and my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant. For the past few months my period has been very irregular, however i did not have a period at all this past month. I took a test and it said negative. should I take another test. is it possible for the test to be wrong and do I have to take it in the morning time??

There is no need to test in the morning for pregnancy. That was something suggested a long time ago, when pregnancy tests weren't as advancd as they are now.

Pregnancy tests can be 'wrong' when taken too early or taken incorrectly. But that's a human error, not the fault of the test. It's very hard to get a false negative because the test contains a chemical that detects the pregnnacy hormone but tests can be faulty, I'm sure. Did you check it really carefully, under a really bright light? Sometimes lines are very faint!

Since you have only been trying for a couple of months, you may need to give it more time. If you haven't had your period at all this past month, that's always a good sign so perhaps a trip to the doctor's office for a blood test will tell you for sure. But bear in mind, it may be due to your irregular cycle.

Good luck and we hope you have some good new for us soon!