can you be allergic to your period?

For the past few months, everytime I start my period.. I get extremely itchy and irritated when my period starts. I have switched all products I use. But it still comes back. I have finally realized that I might be allergic to my period. I've been checked to see if it was something more, but everything comes back normal. My past period, was a surprise. I usually always know when I'm about to start. But the day before my period started, my "area" started to itch again and the next day, my period came out of no where. Please help. I am waiting for my insurance card in the mail. And I need help/relief. I don't wish this upon my worst enemy. I am literally going crazy from this itch and pain.

You're not allergic to your period. Allergies are the bodies reaction to a substance by touching, eating, inhaling etc.

Use natural pads - Natracare and Seventh Generation are two brands that come to mind.

You may have something called Cyclic vulvovaginitis. Cyclic vulvovaginitis is when a woman suffers from recurrent or persistent thrush that worsens just before or during a menstrual period every month. It was once thought that women were becoming re-infected with candida, but doctors now suspect that it is a chronic, long standing infection that does not respond to treatment.

Most women have a small amount of candida in their vagina that lives there harmlessly and doesn’t cause any symptoms but some women are hypersensitive to it and will have thrush symptoms even when there is only a tiny amount present. This hypersensitivity to candida is thought to be the main cause of cyclic vulvovaginitis. Five percent of women have reoccurring thrush and 1 percent have thrush constantly.

Talk to your doctor about this.