Chronic Uti, do I really have to suffer every month?

By January 6, 2010 - 8:23am

I am a victim of chronic urinary tract infections. I have done everything from change in diet to completely avoiding thing that have been know to cause them. Nothing works. I am sick and tired of getting them all the time, and needing overpriced scripts. Is there anything I can do to further prevent/treat?

That's very interesting. My doctor never told me that the antibiotics he was giving me could get less useful over time. It's something I need to look into more. Thank you for your help.

Dear Maggie-Elise

I'm so sorry you've been dealing with chronic UTIs this way, I know how painful and uncomfortable they can be.

If you have really researched all this and know about the diet tips and advice, I won't add more information here that you already know.

One of our writer's - Linda Fugate - wrote about antibiotic resistant E Coli that causes chronic UTI's in women and some studies that may be of interest to you. One possible treatment that works in a vaginal suppository that is a probiotic. It has seen success in kill the bacteria that is causing the UTI. One brand name is Candaclearâ„¢, and the writer used it and it worked for her. Read her story here : http://www.empowher.com/news/herarticle/2009/08/12/probiotic-vaginal-suppositories?page=0,1

You can read more about chronic UTIs and the bacteria that is resistant to treatment here : http://www.empowher.com/news/herarticle/2009/11/09/antibiotic-resistant-e-coli-urinary-tract-infection?page=0,0

In the article above, you can read about the Canadian study (amongst others) and probiotic treatment as well as other pertinent information that may help you.

If diet and antibiotics are not working, then this is at least worth a shot. UTI's are just awful to deal with so we'll help you in your search and hopefully others will also benefit from this information.

Will you read through all this information and tell me what you think?