Pregnancy Guide

ask: The condom broke on me and my bf and right after we realized it broke I got my period and like two weeks after we had unprotected sex and I took the after pill and I'm getting bad cramps and I'm feeling nauseous could I be pregnant ?or could it be a side

Dear Anon,

Nausea, vomiting and headache are some common side effects after taking i-pill. You might also have some lower abdominal pain or find your breasts more tender than usual. All this should stop within a day or two. There are chances of unexpected vaginal bleeding, but this is not dangerous and should clear up by the time you have your next period. i-pill might also cause your next period to come early or later than normal. But if your periods are delayed by more than a week, you should go in for a pregnancy test and contact your doctor. i-pill will have no lasting effect that may complicate future (and wanted) pregnancies.

If your next period is more than one week late, please take a pregnancy test.

Good luck,

Rosa

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :