Could i be pregnant??

By April 14, 2010 - 12:28pm

I'm over a week late on my period now and i'm feeling bloated, getting headaches, feeling sick and my breasts have gotten bigger than normal ... However today i started to get cramps like i'm starting my period for this month and when i go to the toilet its hardley any blood, just a faint pink/brow mark.
I've took two tests now and they have both said negative, but i'm planning on testing again in the morning ... could these be signs of pregnancy? and even if the test comes babck negative tomorrow, should i book in to see my GP?
Hope you can help! Lola marie.

Hi Lola Marie!

We love hearing from you but I notice every month that you ask several times if you are pregnant. The only further help we can give you is to talk to your doctor about any issues you may have regarding pregnancy (and conception) and to perhaps seek reassurance about your anxieties. I think you are too focused on this and need assurance of pregnancy that we unfortunately cannot provide for you. We cannot tell you if you are pregnant. I understand you seem to be getting the same kinds of pregnancy symptoms every month and then get your period. Remember that preparing for your period can feel similar to pregnancy (cramping, bloating, fatigue etc).

If you relax a little and let nature take it's course, you'll be happier (and probably get pregnant faster!). If you are over 35 and have been trying for pregnancy for over 6 months, it may be time to see a fertility specialist. If you are under 35 and it has been a year, it's also a good idea.

It is up to you if you wish to make an appointment with your GP but it does sound like your cycle is irregular and you are starting your period, based on what you say. However, seeing your GP about your pregnancy anxiety may also be a good idea. I think this may as important as your concerns about pregnancy itself. You are not alone, a lot women focus extensively on their bodies (in terms of pregnancy/symptoms) every month and perhaps some guidance in this area could really help you.

Another idea is to read the book What to Expect Before You're Expecting. This has lots of information that I think can both help and reassure you.

We wish you the best,