could i be pregnant ?

By April 29, 2010 - 10:22pm

okk well ive been on the pill for 3 months now and this month i got my period and finished my entire pack of pills..and started a new pack. my boyfriend and i had sex on the second day of my active pill of my new pack and i was bleeding a little bit and he withdrew because it burns for me but i was wondering if he didnt withdraw on time could there be a chance of me being pregnant? im freaking out please help.thanks

Hi Victoria

Thank you for your question and welcome!

If you are using your birth control pills exactly as directed, your risk of getting pregnant is minuscule. In fact, it's quite rare for someone to take the pill exactly as they should without other medications interfering with how the work, to get pregnant at all. Withdrawal is not necessary but you can stick with that method too, if it reassures you.

With regard to the burning sensation, you may have needed more lubricant. The same with blood spots. However, if that continues after you try using a lubricant, you may want to get yourself checked out.

I hope this helps you!