Wellness

ask: did any get complications after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy ?

my husband did laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and suffer from numbness in the right thigh all the way to the front pelvis he can walk and urinate but he cant feel the skin its very difficult situation he does not feel any thing during sex and this is devastating please tell me is this temporary , and i wuld like to know did any get gastric leak after one month or later after the surgery and way?
thank you

Anonymous

Has anyone had problems passing Stoll after surgery when u started baceating

Yes, after any surgery invoolving the GE system you will have a slow recovery in this area. Ask the doc for laxatives and take them regularly.

Anonymous

Planing on surgery in two months. ( sleeve ) Do you think it's worth it or are there any regrets by anyone ?

No regrets whatsoever! Side effects sure, but be patient in recovering - it's major surgery!

joygonza

Does anyone have any info about taking pill with a lap sleeve gastrectomy and info on swallowing problem. Why do they have to sip and chew very well before swallowing?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to joygonza)

Hello joygonza,

The answer to your question is in the last paragraph of my reply to the original question.

Regards,

Hello joygonza,

The laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy is a bariatric procedure in which the surgeon removes approximately 85% of the stomach, shaping the remaining stomach into a tube or “sleeve”.

All large pills, greater than 5 millimeters, taken during the first six weeks after the surgery must be crushed.

Four days following surgery, diet progresses from a full fluid diet to a pureed diet. It is important to eat slowly and to stop when you sense fullness. You should avoid large particles of food. Upon discharge to home, you must remember to take small bites, chew very well and to put down your fork or spoon down between bites.

These recommendations are necessary because the stomach is only 15% of its normal size. Some patients develop esophageal reflux, inflammation of the esophagus, and dysphagia, which is difficulty swallowing, because they eat more than they should.

I hope this answers your questions.

Consult your surgeon. Sharp pain that persists should not be ignored. A physical exam by your doctor should give you the answer.

Please keep us updated.

Anonymous

I am 30 yr old male i had total gastrectomy for burst stomach ulcer just over a yr ago,im managing really well apart from a sharp pain near belly button when i arch back or cough...does any think this could be due too the operation and eveything that went on in there????

Anonymous

I had vertical sleeve gastrectomy done 3 years ago
Everything was going fine , I had lost about 55lbs in the first 6 months and kept it off for almost 2 1/2 yrs then I started to regain weigh
After investigations I found out I had developed hypothyroid , by now I have regained over 35 lbs
Besides I suffer extreme indigestion and intolerance to certain food,
I feel the bile rising all the time
Has anybody else experienced something similar

What do you think is the most important health test for women?
Mammogram
9%
Pap smear
9%
Bone density test
2%
Cholesterol test
2%
Blood pressure check
5%
Eye exam
1%
They're all important
73%
Total: 10337 Votes