ask: did any get complications after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy ?

my husband did laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and suffer from numbness in the right thigh all the way to the front pelvis he can walk and urinate but he cant feel the skin its very difficult situation he does not feel any thing during sex and this is devastating please tell me is this temporary , and i wuld like to know did any get gastric leak after one month or later after the surgery and way?
thank you

I am in the process of researching the sleeve. I am wondering if they are any regrets. Was there any surprises you learned after the surgery that you did not realize before surgery.

I had the lab band done back in 2002 and now with time I notice that It is not working like it did back in 2002 and now I am thinking about getting the sleeve I am so affraid that it will not work or might have the same effect at the lap band. But I am also excited about getting the sleeve please I need feed back.

I have posted on this thread since my surgery Sept 2009; I weighed 298, went to 198 within a year and back to 230 after 5 years. I still eat very little so it's not that, I was more motivated to work out and when I do work out, I drop again.
If your adjustable band is not working, you will plateau after sleeve and regain. Behavior modification along with appropriate band adjustment should be first attempted vs another procedure that is much more serious than lap band. You CAN overeat and gain weight, causing more problems than excess weight. If you are still eating too much with band, something else is going on.

Anonymous I had the sleeve done in 8/2011 and It work successfully. I have no regrets and I am positive you will be fine and yours will be successful as well. Meanwhile, my sister, few friends and family members had it done and outcome same as mine. I was 215 and I went to 147 within a year or little less. I hope this gives you hope and faith in your new journey. Good luck.

Has anyone had problems passing Stoll after surgery when u started baceating

Yes, after any surgery invoolving the GE system you will have a slow recovery in this area. Ask the doc for laxatives and take them regularly.

Planing on surgery in two months. ( sleeve ) Do you think it's worth it or are there any regrets by anyone ?

No regrets whatsoever! Side effects sure, but be patient in recovering - it's major surgery!

Does anyone have any info about taking pill with a lap sleeve gastrectomy and info on swallowing problem. Why do they have to sip and chew very well before swallowing?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to joygonza)

Hello joygonza,

The answer to your question is in the last paragraph of my reply to the original question.

What do you think is the most important health test for women?
Pap smear
Bone density test
Cholesterol test
Blood pressure check
Eye exam
They're all important
Total: 11612 Votes