Do you know why a man always keep telling you that you are too old to have a baby?

By Anonymous December 7, 2015 - 6:27pm

Hi, I am 42 and I really hope I can have a child! But my husband told me that I'm too old to have a baby. He has two kids with his ex girlfriend, but the kids really hate him since their mother told them he is a bad person... I can't help them because they hate me too, I don't know why! I think we should have our own life and could have a child, but my husband said no! He give me many reasons to stop me think of to have a child with him! And he kept to tell me that I'm too old to have a baby! So, is there any one can tell me that why a man doesn't want a child in his new life? Does he really loves me? Why he is so selfish and never think about my feeling? Thank you!

We can only speculate as to why he is saying this as we don't know him or his personality.

Many people do think 42 is too old for children, maybe it's just his opinion. And you have a different opinion. There are more women having babies over 40 all the time but still, most women are finished with childbirth by 40.

He may also feel like HE is too old to re-start a family. It's not "selfish" to not want children. If he doesn't want them then he doesn't want them. There isn't much you can do about it. Starting a family with a man who already has a difficult relationship with children from his ex and who doesn't want more is not a good idea.

I think you are going to have to come to terms with the fact that your husband is done having children and doesn't want any more. You need to decide how you want to continue the relationship.

Good luck to you,

Hi Susan,
Thank you very much for your words! I really should think about it if I'm not happy at all!
Thank you,