Skin, Hair & Nails

Skin, Hair & Nails Guide

ask: Dry Skin after a Complete Hysterectomy?

By Michelle King Robson Expert HERWriter

My skin is so dry after my hysterectomy. I didn't know what to do. Has anyone found any products that have worked well for you? The doctor never told me this was going to happen to me.

Anonymous

I have found that using a system that is made by a company called Beauty Society has been helpful for me. I used to have dry skin/Rosasea like on my face. The cleansers and moisturizers are natural based and have Sea Whip in them which is more soothing than Aloe and the Moisutrizer is timed released to give you moisture all day long. It has work for me. The products are sold only thru sales representatives and not in stores or online, they are based in California. Pegbright@gmail.com

Anonymous

My allergist & HRT doctors said to use Aveeno creams for extreme dryness. Use humidifier in bedroom at night for skin and keep allergies at bay. I suffer from a couple of allergies and hystorectomy didn't help in that area w/itchy skin. My HRT dr. says I need to up my biodenticals Progesterones & estrogens to keep my skin from going thru the phases of memopause. Who has time for itchy skin on top of menopause systoms. It's a phase of touchy situations and w/help from others we can get thru it. Also, keep vitamins and minerals in body to give you the feel of wellness along w/the change. Good luck to all.

Anonymous

I can suggest you Eumocream Hydrating Treatment. Eumocream skin moisturiser is a hydrating treatment skin cream solution for dry, sensitive, itchy skin. Hope this will be helpful for you.

Anonymous

i have found some comment helpful but not really.i've had the hysterectomy 2yrs now and i feel like im burning up and drying out.my hands look 80 yrs old and my nails are looking like a nail fungus.im having flashes every 5 min., depressed,and i have been triyng all kinds of birth control pills,nuratin,black cohash ,etc.no help.i just turnd 40 and this has been going on too long and i can't imagine more years this way and the dr. not getting it.help...

Anonymous

My 2yr old son has a very dry skin and none of the other creams work well including Vaseline, Aquaphor etc. We used to apply moisturizer on his body 4-5 times a day, but the problem continued until we found out about the Made from Earth Pure Aloe Treatment. This cream is a real savior in healing his dry skin problem. I would definitely recommend this cream to anyone who has dry skin or is dealing with a dry skin related problem.

Anonymous

i also had a complete hysterectomy and have a problem with dryness. i however have noticed dryness with my skin, hair, eyes, and vaginal dryness as well. although some of these problems are just an annoying side effect, others are causing many comfort issues. my eyes are so dry i am having problems keeping my corneas moisturized. what can I do??

Karen32

You doctor probably didn't thought that this detail is important for you, that's irresponsible of him. You could try some moisturizing products, thank God you have plenty options. I would recommend sea mud soap for you, it's a natural product and apparently that's what you need right now.

Anonymous

Once when I got a facial at a local spa, it was during the winter and I was suffering from dry skin at the time. The woman who did my facial put carrot seed serum on my skin, under a lavender cream, and my face felt so great afterwards. The brand of these products was Naturopathica (www.naturopathica.com). I ended up purchasing the carrot seed serum, but I have to be careful because if I use it too often, I'll break out because it's so rich. I imagine it would be great for someone with chronic dry skin.

Kristin Park
http://ppdsurvivor.blogspot.com

Anonymous

Visit http://hersfoundation.org/ to check out the Anatomy video, Adverse Effects Data, and Blog to learn more about what women consistently report after hysterectomy.

It's your right to know,

HERS

Nancy Drew Fan

Hi Michelle! When it comes to dry skin, I have found that the best route to go is to find a way to moisturize from the inside out. We can slather lotions on our bodies all day long, and they can offer some short-term relief, but they are not really getting at the root of the problem. What I have found works really really well is to take a flaxseed oil supplement everyday. Flaxseed oil contains a huge amount of an essential fatty acid called Omega 3, which has been shown to help with skin conditions, as well as a host of other things. I order my flaxseed oil from a great company in Fountain Hills, Arizona called BioNatures: www.bionatures.com You can get either liquid oil or capsules. I take about 5 caps a day and have really noticed a difference. It might take a couple weeks to build up in your system, but I've found that I'm using way less lotion since adding flaxseed oil to my list of supplements. Good luck to you!

When going out in the sun, what SPF do you put on?: