Found small hard lump in skin by clitoris - what is it?

I was in the shower just now, and I found a small lump in the thin skin close to my clitoris. It s about the size of a pin head (those plastic coloured ones), and it doesn't hurt, but it feels very firm and like it's under the skin.

I've never had anything like this before. It definitely can't be an ingrown hair (I've had problems with these in the past) because it s on the part of skin down there where hair doesn't grow.

Any idea what it could be? or what could've caused it? I've never had sex, but I'm paranoid that maybe it's an STI or STD of some sort.

Hi AnitaK

If you have never had sex then it can't be an STD. The only way it could be something like a genital wart (stemming from the HPV virus) if if you had genital to genital (skin to skin) contact with someone. If that has occurred then it may be a wart.

Otherwise is could be a genital skin tag, which is harmless.

You will need to see a doctor to find out exactly what this is. They check for these things all the time so it's won't be anything they haven't seen before.
Please let us know how it goes.

Hi Susan, thanks so much for replying.
I've never had genital to genital contact, but my boyfriend went down on me orally about a month ago for the first time, and plus he has fingered me a few times. (I'm in a LDR, as he lives at home and I study overseas). Could I have caught something from that? Wouldn't it have shown up immediately?

also I'm expecting my period in a few days - maybe it's just related to that? Plus I've started working out at the gym and I wear leggings that are tight - that maybe?

I did some reading up on HPV (I still dont know much or understand it) and now I'm scared I may have gotten it from when my boyfriend did these things with me. what do you think?

(is there a way to tell if a guy has HPV)

Sorry for all the questions haha I'm just so paranoid
thanks, i'm a bit scared about all of this.

Hi again Anon

HPV is a possibility but it's a remote one. Technically if your boyfriend had oral HPV (something we're seeing more of) then it's possible but I would say highly improbable.

There is no test for male HPV unfortunately. You can only tell if you find warts.

And yes, a skin tag could be caused by tight leggings and sweat.

It's doubtful your period has something to do with this. I really don't think this is a sexually transmitted issue. We can get pimples all over the body, this is probably one of them. See what happens in the next few weeks.

Ok, thanks again for replying.
I saw online that to do a warm towel press to the area. Should I try that?
So I really don't have anything to worry about, right?

Yes, a warm compress can help.

I can't say for sure if you've nothing to worry about but your risk sounds very low. You can't have HPV if you've had no genital contact with someone else.

Hi Susan, I've sent you a private message. would it be possible to delete these questions and my account please?

Ok, thanks again Susan. I've also sent you a private message. :)