help me please

By March 27, 2013 - 1:00pm

I had unprotected sex the day I ovulated (on the 15) the next day I stared having cramps, the cramps come and go throughout the day, I've had cramps at the bottom of my stomach for 12days including today, Friday will be a full two weeks since the sex. My nipples and around my boob for maybe 4 days have been sore. And in the morning I feel nauseous,.and gagg a little a bit. Could I possibly be pregnant?

Dear 11512

Having unprotected sex when ovulating gives you about a 20% risk of pregnancy.

However, pregnancy does not happen immediately - it takes 5+ days to actually become implanted and pregnant so any cramping in the first week (and certainly the next day) isn't connected to pregnancy. It could be nerves and stress.

Your symptoms now may also be PMS - they mimic pregnancy symptoms, meaning your period is due.

But since you are 14 days out from having sex, a pregnancy test would be accurate now. You can wait for a few days to see if your period comes or take a test today and you'll know for sure.