Pregnancy Guide

misvives HERWriter Guide

ask: High THS level during early pregnangy

I have Hashimoto thyroid since I was 22 and have been treated ever since with thyroxin.
I am now 37 and 7-8 weeks pregnant. Although THS and fT4 were at normal rates 5 months ago, I just discovered that my THS is 7,38. I have spoken to me endo who has increased the dose and I am seeing here in two days. Although she reassured me that the situation is under control, I am worry that the baby has allready been affected. Is there a way to find out if the child's development has been affected? I would appreciate your opinion. Thank you.

misvives HERWriter Guide

You will have to follow up with your doctor about this question. State your concerns and ask him/her if there should be any concern. Since you are being treated for the condition, your baby should be fine. Your doctor will have all your medical records in order to see if there is any reason for concern.

Good luck,

Missie

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :