How do I get the help I need to stop heavy "Flooding" type periods?

I am 45 years of age, I have been on my period since March 29th, what started as everyday spotting, to 7 days ago of experiencing a gate opening "flooding" period. My GP has put me on a low dose Birth Control pill and it has not helped at all. I am also taking homeopathics, phosphorus, shepherds purse, and red raspberry green leaf tea. Nothing is helping to reduce or stop the bleeding. I am feeling defeated and very frustrated.

This is a bit disturbing to hear - since March 29?

There may be a hormonal imbalance going on that a low dose pill is not helping with. This also may have something to do with early menopause.

However, unexplained bleeding can also be caused by cysts, growths, blockages and tumors. You need to have a full checkup and also full bloodwork done to see where you stand with your hormones. An ultrasound or scan is also a good idea.

Some doctors mean well but don't really listen to their patients or tell them that heavy bleeding that is not menstrual, is normal. Of course it's not normal, no more than heavy bleeding from your eyes or ears would be normal.

Please schedule a visit with your doctor for more comprehensive tests.