Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: how long does it take to get your period after a ooverectomy?

i had the merena in for 4 years, came out because of a cist, had the cist (size of a 22week fetus) removed with one overy and tube. i have not had my period in all the time i had the merena in, and have not had my period after the procedure, 21/01/2013. my husband and i want to try for a baby since this might be our last chance. i am 34 years old and he is 39 years old. how long does it take to get your period after such a procedure? is it possible to fall pregnant after the procedure without having your period? directly after the operation i started on folic acid and pregnacare conception to start preparing my body for a pregnancy should it happen. it is difficult for me to try and work out how or when i should be oviolating or when my menstrual cycle should be happening since its been 4 years since i had a menstrual cycle. please help because i am finding no help on the internet.

Anonymous

Welcome to EmpowHER.   In most cases, women that had a unilateral ovariectomy,  can still get pregnant.  You might need to let your doctor know, you have not gotten a period yet since the procedure.  Also, its important to discuss any concerns you might have.

Daisy

How do you control your PMS?: