How to treat pulsating sensation caused by aortic aneurysm

By November 14, 2009 - 4:38am

I have an aortic aneurysm that is being monitored periodically, however, I suffer from a pulsating sensation in my abdomen when I lay down, which makes it very difficult to sleep. What medication or treatment is there to stop the pulsating sensation so that I can sleep better?

I wanted to provide the link from "page 2" (now on past page 12) that Susan was referring to above, where she answered your question, What medication should be used to treat abdominal pulsating sensation caused by aortic aneurysm (just click on orange hyperlink).

It is unknown how long it will take to hear back from our medical expert, but I will follow-up and see what the status is.

Let us know your thoughts on Susan's previous comments at link above, and we'll be in touch soon!

Hi Cinema
I tackled this question for you yesterday, it should be on page 2. As I said, treatment for your condition is generally surgery. You may be able to get other satisfactory treatments for this, but it would depend on your situation, your age, the type of aneurysm you have and it's size. A custom treatment plan would have to be arranged with your doctor because no two aneurysms and people are alike.

I have submitted your question to one of our MD's who is a cardiac specialist. He will be able to give you some feedback into this. It may take a few days since it's the weekend but please do check back and we'll have an answer for you soon! Thanks for your question!

Thanks for the reply, Susan. I have no idea where page 2 is? I am wondering how many days it will take to hear from your cardiac specialist, as it has been two weeks now. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place on this site? Hope to hear from you soom.

Thank you Susan.

Aortic Aneurysm

Aortic Aneurysm Guide