hysterectomy should i have it done

hi i am 43 years old and my periods have been crazy for 9 months.having 2-4 full periods in a month or going for 11-14 days.i have normale pap test and normale ultra sound. my dr told me that a hysterectomy will stop the bleading and that she will leave my ovaries and there should not be any side effacts please help,thanks

Welcome to EmpowHER.  You definitely are experiencing changes in your cycles and it can be due to perimenopause. Not sure having an Hysterectomy would be the way out. Especially is your pap smear and ultrasounds are normal.  You might want to get a second opinion from another OBGYN. Some of the reasons women have hysterectomy is for Abnormal vaginal bleeding.  Changes in hormone levels, infection, cancer, or fibroids are some things that can cause abnormal bleeding.

I've included some links, hope this helps