I had gastric bypass 3 years ago, and I want to know how large is my pouch after 3 years?

By March 21, 2014 - 6:51am

Hi Joann

We would not be able to tell you how big your stomach (is that what you mean for "pooch"?) is. An exam by your specialist would be one way to gauge this. 

A stomach after this kind of surgery is often the size of an egg.  This size can change based on the diet of the person - if he/she starts to eat large portions again, the stomach can again enlarge to a great extend but if the diet remains with smaller portions (as it probably should for most of us!) then it will remain average or small. 

Have you asked your doctor about this?

Thank you forgive my spelling, so how are you doing, im not to well, been eating too much and have gain some weight, mad at my self but I know I can and will get back on track, its been a long cold winter, plus im not with my husband at this moment, and thats been trying, so can you tell me how much is too much coffee. Thank again