I had gastric sleeve four months ago, and now i have pain in my right side, pelvic and right leg

I had gastric sleeve four months ago, and everything went great. Now I have pain that started in my back, moved to my side and now my leg is hurting. All this is on my right side. I was told that I have a hernia. What is going on?

Thanks for your question and for taking such a brave step in becoming healthy again! 

You likely got the hernia due to your surgery - an unfortunate side effects. Hernia's can occur due to trauma to the abdomen. Your surgery was risky and likely to have several side effects.

Your hernia will not go away on it's own, I'm afraid. Surgery is the only way to get rid of it and it may be sometime before your surgeon is willing to work on your abdomen again. 

Talk to him about your treatment options and in the meantime, read all about hernia's here, from causes and risks to the different kinds of surgeries used to treat them: 

Please keep in touch with us! 

Hiatal Hernia

Hiatal Hernia Guide