I had my left ovary and both tubes removed and my right ovary isn't the best of shape my doctor told me, can I still have children with fertility treatment?

By June 7, 2016 - 9:45pm

I'm 36 years old and I want to know how long I can wait to have children with just one ovary and no tubes and the one ovary that I have isn't the best of shap

Hi Alyssa16!

Yes, pregnancy is certainly a possibility with IVF and you don't need any ovaries at all! But if you don't use your ovary, the egg will have to come from another woman. You will have to work closely with your doctor about your remaining ovary - they may do tests to analyse it's viability before starting IVF.

At 36 you should be looking into this sooner rather than later as it can take some time to see results.

Read more about IVF here: http://www.empowher.com/community/share/vitro-fertilization-ivf-effective-treatment-infertility