I had my period about 2 weeks ago, yesterday I felt a bit light headed and sick all of a sudden. Went to the toilet and noticed I was bleeding (I never have irregular periods). Didn't really think nothing of it.

By Anonymous March 13, 2015 - 12:52am

I came home from work and the bleeding had stopped. Durring the night i was having stomach cramps and bleeding again. Its not been alot of blood, its bright red the blood, and this morning i had a few small darker red bits in the blood. I had a miscarriage about 4 years ago, I bled for about 7 weeks, was up at the hospital every week having blood tests and my hormone level dropped slowly. I'm not really sure if this could be happening again, as I'm not loosing loads of blood, it could possibly be down to stress, I don't know. And also PCOS runs in my family. Just wondering if anyone else could help??

Thanks for contacting EmpowHER! 

This is a bit of a head-scratcher, since you are usually so regular.

Is it possible that you are pregnant? I would take a test to be sure, although since you are only two weeks post period, you wouldn't be having a miscarriage.  Implantation bleeding could be possible but that is a very light bleed - just a few drops really and you wouldn't be cramping or being woken up with cramps.

If this pain doesn't clear up in the next few days, see a doctor. Since you are very regular, you may not have PCOS but mentioning a family history is a good idea.

Please let us know how things go! 

Thank you for the advice. I will reply back once I hear/find something out. I could possibly be nothing but just thought it was a bit strange as I am regular.