ask: I have been having 3week-1 month long periods w/ large clots. What could be causing the length and clots? Should I worry?

I'm 29 yrs. old and I've been having periods that last anywhere between 3 weeks and 1 month with about a 2 week break between each period. Along with my period I have huge clots. This has been happening since I had my daughter in 2006. I saw a doctor about it and he just put me on birth control pills to try and regulate it, but that just caused me to have blood clots in my lungs. I went on Coumadin and my period was normal while I was on the meds. Now I'm off Coumadin and my period went back to being long again and with the huge clots. Is there something my doctors should be testing for? Can this cause complications with conceiving again? What is wrong with my cycle?

Anonymous

I use to have this problem but then I went to the doctor and it turns out I was my thyroid. Get your thyroid levels checked and end the suffering.

Anonymous

Hi! I have always had a regular period every month, but this month is different, I started on the 13th of May and haven't stopped, I've gone to see my Dr. And he did some test they came back normal, didn't know what to do now.
Thank you

Anonymous

HI! I've been having an irregular period and its nearly a month now. It started from small blood then it became average and never heavy and when I thought it was going to end it bleed again and still the average. I'm in a lot of stress and I've been sleeping late and I've been taking 3 tablets of vitamins.

Can you advice me some remedies to stop this period or any irregular period that I might have?

Ps. What I mean about average is the blood only stays in the part of the pad that is directly attach to your pubic area

Thankss xoxo

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your cycle is very irregular for some reason - bleeding for a month is not normal. You need to see a doctor.

Anonymous

Hi I haven't had a period since December of 2014 and I just came on my period about two weeks ago and I'm still on my period. The bleeding is heavy some days and light other days. What should I do?

Your cycle is very irregular some some reason - bleeding for two weeks is not normal. You need to see a doctor.

Anonymous

hi! my friend period is been one moneth now.. she is single and 29 years old. she was so afraid because last two days she passed out.. and she told her employer .. and her employer said thats normal.. any help please. thanks

She told her employer? Is her employer a gynecologist? Is so, she needs to see a different doctor. Bleeding for four weeks and passing out is NEVER normal. 

Anonymous

Hi.Im experiencing the same.I had an abortion last Jan.29,its successful but only have a little bleeding.Had my normal period on Feb.26 .then I had period again on March 21,which is too early and Im still bleeing until today (apr13,2015) with clots(jellylike and looks like liver) had some bad cramping too at the left side.Please help.Im 20 and have 2kids,age 4 and 2.

Anon

You need to see a doctor. You need an examination. Make sure you don't get pregnant again. 

Hypermenorrhea

Hypermenorrhea Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :