Hypermenorrhea

Hypermenorrhea Guide

ask: I have been having 3week-1 month long periods w/ large clots. What could be causing the length and clots? Should I worry?

I'm 29 yrs. old and I've been having periods that last anywhere between 3 weeks and 1 month with about a 2 week break between each period. Along with my period I have huge clots. This has been happening since I had my daughter in 2006. I saw a doctor about it and he just put me on birth control pills to try and regulate it, but that just caused me to have blood clots in my lungs. I went on Coumadin and my period was normal while I was on the meds. Now I'm off Coumadin and my period went back to being long again and with the huge clots. Is there something my doctors should be testing for? Can this cause complications with conceiving again? What is wrong with my cycle?

Anonymous

Hello,
I am 30 years old and was on BC from 1999 to 2010. I have been off of BC since then and had regular periods. My last period started just over six weeks ago and it has not stopped. I am having very heavy bleeding with large blood clots. I went to a Dr. who informed me, after a very quick pelvic exam, nothing felt abnormal. Any suggestions are helpful. I've been told by a few people about a natural her called Vitex, any information on this would be appreciated as well. Thank you.

Anonymous

I'm 14 and I've been having my period for 29 days now. It started off normal, then it got lighter so I thought I was done, but then it got heavy. Then light again. Now it's really heavy and has been for a few days. I've been having a lot of clots - not exactly large ones, normal sized ones that happen very frequently. This has happened once before and the last time, my doctor said it was normal for me. I'm anemic and my doctor said to take iron pills which I have been. This time, my doctor said to go to a gynecologist but I'm really scared.. It's getting to the point where I'm always uncomfortable during school. Help!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I know this is overwhelming for you, especially since you are only 14 but your doctor is right, you need to see a gynecologist. She will run some tests to see why you are bleeding so much because this kind of bleeding is not normal. It is a scary time but hopefully you just have a hormonal imbalance that can easily be sorted out. Please make an appointment - you'll be glad you you did.

Best

Anonymous

i am 45..and i can go without a cycle for months an now im bleeding bad for 3 weeks i have had my tubes tied for 23 years.i go threw pads like crazy.and my clots are a size of the bottom of a pop can:( so stressed out..

Anonymous

I'm 25 I have a 1yr old I have had only 4 periods since I have had her because they are so long they last months I ve had my period for 2 months now with a lot of clotting about 2 hrs ago the clotting has gotten to where they are big enough to feel each one and I have to run to the bathroom this is happening every 5 to 10 mins. No pain just some headaches that feel like I have an icepick going into my brain and I'm very tired these days! I have no clue what to do

You need to see a doctor - these are not "periods" - you are bleeding excessively for very long periods of time and this is not normal - in fact, you need to schedule an appointment as soon a you can to see what's going on. You may have some kind of reproductive condition going on, a problem with your hormones or even an internal injury and you may be anemic due to all the bleeding. Please keep us updated!

You really need to see a doctor because this kind of bleeding is not normal. Bleeding for weeks on end with a large amount of clotting is a sign that something is wrong. Listen to your body and see a doctor. You may have a growth, you may have a hormonal issue - but you do need to be seen by a professional. Please let us know how it goes,

Anonymous

I started having the same problem almost 3 months ago. I started bleeding and thought it was just a normal period, but it never stopped. After a month, I called my gyno to schedule an appointment and by the time I could get in, it had been going 2 months and had very heavy large clots. I'm 29 years old, and I have never had any kids. I always had regular menstral cycles before. I went to the GYN and they couldn't find anything wrong. Their only suggestion was birth control but I don't want to take it because I DO want to have kids. The bleeding stopped for about a week but now has returned with a vengeance, and the heavy clotting has returned as well. Some of the clots I am seeing are about half the size of my hand (not trying to be gross), and I am having some pretty bad cramping to go along with it. I just don't know what to do anymore. Dr.s say everything appears normal and every test comes back normal. The ONLY thing I had wrong was a vitamin D3 deficiency and I have been taking supplements since then.

I was "diagnosed" was a severe Vitamin D deficiency as well. I went on the prescription of vit d. I soon after started having menstrual problems. Although at the time I was 41 (now 43) I went to the gyno. I found I had a "small" fibroid inside of my uterus. She wanted to take the "wait and see" method. I don't understand this at all....its more like wait and watch me bleed to death! My doctor told me "your fibroid is not causing any symptoms"? OMG she is f--- crazy, this is the root of all my problems! I found that a vit d deficiency can cause fibroids. I have diligently researched the internet for natural cures. It is exhausting but know that a vit d deficiency can cause Fibroids. Good luck.

Anonymous

I'm 17 years old and I didn't have my period for 3 moths now I have been bleeding for 4 weeks now ! The past 3 days I have been having huge blood clots , this has never happened to me before ! I have also been staining my jeans alot ! I am changing my pads every time it's full but this still happenes.

Do you take selfies?: