Hypermenorrhea

Hypermenorrhea Guide

ask: I have been having 3week-1 month long periods w/ large clots. What could be causing the length and clots? Should I worry?

By sueannrush

I'm 29 yrs. old and I've been having periods that last anywhere between 3 weeks and 1 month with about a 2 week break between each period. Along with my period I have huge clots. This has been happening since I had my daughter in 2006. I saw a doctor about it and he just put me on birth control pills to try and regulate it, but that just caused me to have blood clots in my lungs. I went on Coumadin and my period was normal while I was on the meds. Now I'm off Coumadin and my period went back to being long again and with the huge clots. Is there something my doctors should be testing for? Can this cause complications with conceiving again? What is wrong with my cycle?

Anonymous

im 15 ive been on my period for almost one month at first it was light then it got heavy for 5 days , now its really light. should i be worried? i dont take pills or on birth control.

Anonymous

I am a 14 year old girl, going onto 15 in less than 3 months and my periods tend to last for about 3 weeks and are extremely heavy. My first period was about 4 years ago and I always seem to miss them. Any advice?

I honestly think you should try a doctor. I was given birth control and it has helped a bit. IDK your diet or anything like that but eating more greens and some exercising also helped with making my period a bit shorter

Anonymous

Hi about a week ago I was on my period for 3week and now im back on I dont know what to do. Now im cramping really bad. And I really dont want to go to the doctor because im embarrassed of just goin for a period problem... help me

Anonymous

hi, i think there should be a solution to this problem, the birth control pill seem to be the only thing they suggest and they give me cramps. could this be an infection i mean seing periods for three weeks?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

An infection is possible - have yourself tested for infections. 

There are other options of birth control like the Depo shot that can lessen periods dramatically - talk to your doctor about all your options! 

Anonymous

Hi, me and my husband just stared to have sex again and wanted to hav a baby. My period cycle was always regular but once we started to have sex this week my period or I should say my bleeding didn't stop at all.. And it had been 3 weeks already, can anyone tell me if this is normal? I am very worry....

Anonymous

I was on the merina for 2yrs and then the depo for 3yrs just had to come off of birthcontrol due to getting a blood clot in rhe left side of my brain. I just got my period again and have been on ot for 3 weeks I am on cumidine so figured that might have a little affect on things , but I'm have clots the size of a .50cent piece is this normal.
Very worried. Please help

Anonymous

I have been on for almost three months and I have had large blood clots.... I am 23 and over weight ... Do you think I am having these problems because I am over weight?

We cannot say why this is happening to you but we do know it's not normal. 

Like being underweight, overweight women also can experience menstrual problems. 

I think it's a good idea to see a doctor and have some blood work done to see what can be done. You may have the option of going on the birth control pill and this can really help with your cycle. But this kind of bleeding is by no means normal and requires an evaluation. 

Will you keep us posted, Anon?