Hypermenorrhea

Hypermenorrhea Guide

ask: I have been having 3week-1 month long periods w/ large clots. What could be causing the length and clots? Should I worry?

By sueannrush

I'm 29 yrs. old and I've been having periods that last anywhere between 3 weeks and 1 month with about a 2 week break between each period. Along with my period I have huge clots. This has been happening since I had my daughter in 2006. I saw a doctor about it and he just put me on birth control pills to try and regulate it, but that just caused me to have blood clots in my lungs. I went on Coumadin and my period was normal while I was on the meds. Now I'm off Coumadin and my period went back to being long again and with the huge clots. Is there something my doctors should be testing for? Can this cause complications with conceiving again? What is wrong with my cycle?

Anonymous

I had just turned 17 lately and have been having these periods that would last for a month at a time with a week and a half to two week paused intervals. This has been happening since July of 2014 and has not stopped and im rather concerned on what it is. I get little to no pain and its often very light, but will turn heavy for about a day or two. I also suffer extreme mood swings as well. One day I want to curl up and die and the next I cant control myself with extreme laughter. I also cannot eat anything nor look at any food items without feeling sick. Any recommendations on what I should do?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It sounds like you may have some kind of reproductive disorder or just a very irregular cycle that can be helped. 

Anon, you need to see a doctor about this - you should not be bleeding for so long and feeling so ill. 

There are ways to help your cycle so you can have relief from this.

Please keep us updated,

Anonymous

I am 29 years old I've been dealing with similar symptoms since I was 19 years old notice that there can be many causes they could be cancer could be home alone in balance it can also be at your environment you could be stressed emotionally physically diet can have things to do with itas well as exercise I find that when my body for me to stop the bleeding is usually when I get on a strict schedule nt only for my body was dietary means and physical means but emotional means it helps me to stabilize my mind my body and for some reason I usually don't have the prolonged periods and they don't come back so much as long as I keep my stress level down I'm usually pretty good and I do that by eating healthy and going to the gym on a regular basis around a regular clock where everything is scheduled and I know it's coming if I plan on things that I'm not stressed this is usually what keeps me from bleeding however when my stress levels are high especially when I lack sleep and I'm stressed I realize that I bleed more and that's what I've noticed personally through my experience

Anonymous

Pliz help, been having my pees for almost 3 weeks heavy and sometimes light.. Should i worry?

Anonymous

I'm sixteen years old and I've been on my period for about 3 weeks to a month and Im having big blood clots but i also haven't had a period for 3 years because I was put on the birth control shot it sucks that I'm still on my period and I've been having horrible pains anyone know what I should do?

See a doctor.

Anonymous

I'm nineteen my menstruation has come this month from Dec. 11- Dec. 15 and on again since Dec. 22 and huge blood clots... What could be wrong. I called today to schedule an appointment but has anyone gone through this?

Anonymous

I'm 13 I've been on my period since about the 1st of December and it hasn't stopped I want it to stop and I'm scared I dont want to talk to my mom about it because she will be extremely worried is there anything I can do please help me x

You are really young. You should talk to your mom about it. Don't be scared. It happens. If it is something serious they may be able to catch it while you are young.

Anonymous

I just turned 30 and have had this problem for the last 2 months. My last period was 21 days long and then I went off for about a week and went eoght back on. I have been clotting, feeling sleepy often, dizzy and hungry a lot. I had an ultrasound last month and all my tests but everything came out fine. So far I have been on this period for 21 days. It seemed to stop yesterday and started right back up. I had a quarter size cloth today and earlier this week. I also had another clot tonight. It is making me worried.... I called my doc earlier but she never called me back. I will call again in the AM.