Diarrhea

Diarrhea Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: I have been having diarrhea for 3 weeks. Why?

I've had tests (CT scan, colonoscopy, stool test, upper GI, occult blood test, urine and blood tests as well. I am waiting for the pathology report from the colonoscopy, everything else came out negative. :)

Thank you for your question. That is a mystery, as it sounds like gastrointestinal-related conditions and diseases have been ruled out, as well as any possible bacteria or viruses..is this correct?

Have your doctors suggested any possible causes, based on your symptoms (do you have any other symptoms?) and medical history and family history?

Please let us know what the pathology report says, and be sure to get a copy of all of your lab test results. Are you talking with multiple doctors and specialists?

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

Yes on all counts. Both of my maternal grandparents had stomach cancer and colon cancer. My own parents, thyroid, prostate, and breast cancer.