I have been having vaginal odor since I have been having sex not matter how much I wash its always an odor. I wonder can milk be a cause of my vaginal odor?

By Anonymous January 7, 2011 - 9:40am

I have been treated for UTI's, vaginosis,trich and yeast infection. They keep coming back I have the same partner an we dont use protection an during intercourse he cums inside. I read that that can mess up ph balance. I just dont know what to do anymore.

Having sexual intercourse that includes ejaculation does not "mess" a body up unless the man is transmitting diseases. A woman's body is made to accept sperm inside her and it's either fertilized or is naturally removed from her body over a period of approximately 1-5 days.

Sex can trigger UTIs in women due to the "pounding" motion of vigorous sex that can allow bacteria in. You may want to talk to your doctor about taking a low dose single antibiotic every time you have sex in order to stop this from happening. In women who have this occurrence, the low one-dose is usually quite successful.

Vaginosis is also caused by bacteria but can also be transmitted by a sexual partner. Trich is an STD transmitted by a sexual partner.

If STDs are recurring, it's probably due to the fact that your partner has not been treated for his STDs and he keeps reinfecting you. When one partner has an STD, the other should be monitored too, regardless of if they show no symptoms.

For now, it's advisable to use condoms until you both are retested for STDs.

Are you drinking a lot of milk? Why do you think it may be a cause? Are you lactose intolerant, do you know? People who are, sometimes have body odor or body fluids that may smell like cabbage or maple syrup. Is this the odor you are smelling?

Also, Trich causes a very unpleasant vaginal odor a bit like rotting fish. Is this what you are smelling?

When you say "they" keep coming back, can you say which of the conditions you mentioned keeps coming back? One, some or all?

I hope this information helps you and I hope to hear back from you soon!

I dont think that i drink it to much I have heard before that what you eat of course affects your body an the discharge was milky. I dont know if I am lactose intolerant, also not sure what maple syrup smells like. The problem that keeps coming back is the vaginosis an UTI's. I have only been diagnosed with trich once. Thank you for responding

Hi again, Anon, and thanks for the update.

Milky white discharge is actually very normal and it increases in the middle of your cycle (due to ovulation) but it should not smell. Maple syrup smells a little like sweet caramel (at least in my opinion!).

It's correct that what we eat does play a part in how our body smells and even looks - from carrots to coffee to garlic. But a regular white discharge that smells bad may warrant a visit to a clinic. I would also suggest that your boyfriend gets checked out for STDs since one way to get vaginosis is through sexual contact and if you keep getting reinfected, it's very important that your boyfriend gets tested. Also ask the doctor about information regarding the anti-biotic that I told you about for the UTIs as I know how painful they can be.

I hope you can keep us updated!