Muscle Injuries

Muscle Injuries Guide

ask: I have inflammation all over, INSIDE my body. My muscles stay inflammed and have been over the past 10 years after an auto accident. Sometimes it's bad (shows up on blood tests), and I can hardly stand to be touched. Any insight? Thanks.

By Cathy T.

Cathy T.

Ah, ha!! Just testing my doctors!! lol. Actually, you are pretty much on track. I didn't want to give out too much info, as I was afraid "imaginations" wouldnt' be used.
Yes, I have a very severe case of FM, and P. Neuro, and a severe concussion that deleted many files, including those that my body needed to function. And, yes, it was from an auto accident that I lived though, but my life didn't.

I have been tested for everything you can think of. Lupus is one I'm tested for frequently, but things are always fine. (whew!) I wasn't sure if there might be something else....
At this moment, the blood levels show inflammation to be out of control and very concerning. Which can creat other problems. So I have taken a month to focusing on getting rid of this inflammation. I am doing an hour a week on extensive reflexology, and neuromuscular massage. It must be working, as the first two weeks, I was so sick with detoxing. (which is part of the "wellness" part of getting well). Finally, yesterday, I didn't come home in a heap, but had energy to run an errand. That doesn't mean the inflammation is over, but something is going on. When I reported this to my monthly visit to the Pain Specialist, he was supportive, and when seeing my blood work, was concerned. Knowing more meds wasn't exactly what we wanted, he explained this was short term and necessary to help the inflammation quicker than over the counter "Aleve", etc... I agreed, and I also know my diet plays a role. So armed with this, and a few more treatments before a new blood test, I was just checking to see if anything else might be considered.
I have lived in "hell and back", like many here. I have bared it all on my profile. It wasn't easy to put these things down for the world to see, but if someone comes up with a magic bullet, maybe they will think of me and others.
Thanks....and I'm impressed!! :)

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Cathy T.)

Hi Cathy

Thanks for your update. The problem with auto immune conditions is that one tends to breed another which can leave a person in a terrible state.

I note you mentioned diet and yes, this is very important. For more on diet and Fibromyalgia: http://www.empowher.com/bones-amp-joints/content/eliminate-toxins-your-diet-combat-fibromyalgia-pain

Good luck and stay in touch!

~Susan

Hi Cathy

Thanks for your post and welcome!

I'm so sorry you're in so much pain, all of which has stemmed from a car accident. Were you very badly hurt at the time? Did you have a hospital stay or need surgery?

It sounds like you have some kind of autoimmune condition. What have you been tested for?

Muscle inflammation all over could be a sign of a rheumatic or arthritic (or joined) condition. You may also have Lupus - you can read all about that here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/lupus

You may also have a severe case of fibromyalgia. Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/fibromyalgia

Since we don't have a lot of information, we can only give you suggestions. Please let us know what you have been tested for and please let us know what your doctors have said about your condition.

We hope to hear back from you!
~Susan