I'm a 62 y/o female who has not been sexually active for at least 10 years due to back problems...and when I was it was with the same partner, my husband of 27 years. Yesterday, while wiping myself after urination, I felt a bump near my labia minora.

By January 31, 2011 - 12:10pm

I don't remember ever feeling the lump before. It is hard, about 1/3 in in diameter, barely discernable visually because it is the same color of my skin.

Does this sound like early stages of labia cancer? My mother's mother had it when she was in her 80's. Hers was itchy and bleeding; her labia and lymph nodes were removed as a precautionary measure.

Is this what I possibly have to look forward to?

Hi scared49

Thank your post and please don't assume that you have cancer, you"ll scare yourself senseless.

The bump could be a skin tag or an ingrown hair, a pimple of some sort or any number of things.

However, since you do have a family history of this, I think you really do need to get it checked out. The likelihood is that it's nothing at all but if it is a growth of some sort, the earlier you find it, the better so please don't wait.

Additionally, here is an advocacy sheet for you about the subject of these kinds of cancers-

Will you make an appointment and let us know how it goes? I wish you the best!