Implantation Bleeding or menstrual cycle?

By October 13, 2011 - 10:45am

I've had an IUI procedure on 10/05, On 10/12 I started spotting. In addition I am experiencing mild PMS symptoms. Ex. Slight dizziness, very mild cramps and tiredness. I called my fertility clinic and the nurse told me to continue to take my Progesterone suppositories and wait it out. Do you think my symptoms are Implantation bleeding or my cycle? If it is my cycle then it will be coming on 4 days early! Any suggestions?

Hi Mystery5547

There is no way to tell you what your spotting was and we don't want to give your false hope OR tell you it's just your period coming. Unfortunately you're going to have to wait for your period to see.

Your period could be coming and this spotting is the start, a few days early. But implantation bleeding also occurs right around this time (about 10 days after sperm-meets-egg-and-it-goes-well) so based on your time line, one scenario is just as likely as the other which is frustrating!

I hope it's implantation bleeding - will you please keep us posted?

Thanks for your response! I will definitely keep you posted! Do you think I should continue to take my suppositories while I'm spotting?

Infertility / Fertility

Infertility / Fertility Guide